Status: finished ; )

Thankful for You

To Get Her Next To Me


“Sup, Ivy?” Alex winked as he sat down beside her in the school’s cafeteria. Ivory still felt a little queasy around all the people, but Jack wouldn’t let her be in the library anymore. He would come and drag her to the café if she tried to hide in the library.

“Besides the annoying giggles that keep coming from the table behind me, nothing.” Ivory spoke drily of the girls that she’d been trying to ignore for the past several minutes while attempting to read her book.

“That would be the entire cheer squad.” Alex informed her as he glanced over his shoulder, making more squeals and giggles erupt. “The hot ones, anyway.”

“I think they moved closer to stare at your back.” Rian laughed as he sat down on the other side of table. Alex glared at him briefly while Jack joined the table, sitting across from Ivory.

“Or to throw food at the back of your head,” Jack teased his best friend and Alex threw his bread roll at him. “Thanks man! I dropped mine on the ground when some nerd ran into me.” Jack smiled wide and took a bite out of the bread roll.

Alex rolled his eyes but decided to leave it at that. “So, James from homeroom said his parents are out of town and he’s thinking of throwing a party.” Ivory widened her eyes in horror as she stared down at her book. This was the kind of thing she liked to avoid, but she had a feeling this was also the kind of thing that these boys liked to go to. Which all of that equaled bad news.

“Are you asking us to take care of your drunken ass afterwards, cause I did it last time.” Jack raised his hand like they were still in class and Ivory covered her mouth to subdue her giggles.

“Actually,” Alex raised his eyebrows and gave Jack a hard stare for two seconds before a goofy grin broke out. “He wants to know if Never Wreck wants to play Friday night in his backyard.” Alex punched the air excitedly. Rian and Jack both groaned, making Ivory raise her head curiously.

“For the last time, our name is not Never Wreck! We agreed on All Time Low.” Rian droned and threw his hands up in the air.

“Technically, you guys agreed on All Time Low. I voted for Never Wreck.” Alex corrected and laced his fingers as he rested his chin on them. “But, I really think that is not the point here. Point is, we got a gig!”

“Holy shit, we have a gig!” Jack leaned over to high five Alex and then Rian.

“Thank you, thank you.” Alex smirked smugly at the two amazed boys. Ivory cleared her throat.

“So, are you all in a band?” She inquired, still a bit behind and confused on the conversation. She was also more than a little surprised when Alex scooted close to her and draped his arm around her neck.

“I’m shocked that Jack hasn’t told you.” He arched one eyebrow as he stared at Jack and then smirked down at Ivory. “Yes, dear, we are in a band. I’m the lead singer.” Ivory rolled her eyes as she shrugged off his arm. Rian chuckled at Alex’s deflated ego while Jack was relieved.

“Somehow, that’s not surprising.” She muttered and slid over as far as she could go. Ivory was getting used to the boys bit by bit, but she was still a little apprehensive when Alex was touchy.

“I sound amazing while these two slackers, plus our friend over at Towsen private school, back me up with some pathetic guitar and drum noises.” Alex laughed as he pointed at Rian and Jack.

“Ignore him, please.” Rian pushed Alex’s forehead and smiled over at Ivory.

“No problem.” Ivory mumbled and dropped her attention back down to her book. The boys talked a little more while Ivory tried reading. She was finally getting into the story when a familiar hand stretched out on the page, blocking the words. Ivory sighed and, without looking up, responded with a, “what, Bassam?”

He chuckled as he stared at her. “Will you come Friday, if we play, to the party?” Jack watched as she raised her head. Her brown hair fell in her blue eyes. And that was it. He couldn’t ignore it anymore. He was completely heels over head for the simple girl who worked for his uncle. When her eyes locked with his, there was a catch in his breathing. He
definitely couldn’t ignore his feelings for her anymore.

“Party’s aren’t really my scene,” she bit her bottom lip and shook her head hesitantly. The thought of being a party scared her more than Alex ever could.

“Parties are everybody’s scene.” Alex scoffed while all heads turned to him. “What?”

“Parties are definitely your scene, Alexander.” Ivory poked his shoulder while he rolled his eyes. He hated his full name, but he didn’t mind when it came out of her pretty mouth. “But I prefer my room and a book on a Friday night.”

“Someone’s a geek,” Alex coughed and then smiled sweetly at her.

“Oh, look, someone’s a jackass,” Ivory smiled just as sweetly and tilted her head to the side. Both boys on the opposite side ‘ooo’d and Rian added a ‘burn’.

“Ha ha,” Alex mocked and poked her side, making her jolt up. “You’re very funny, and you dance!” He laughed for real this time as he continued to poke her and she continued to jerk away from his fingers.

“I hate you,” Ivory squealed just as the school bell rang. The three boys jumped up from the table to throw the trash off their trays away. Ivory slowly gathered her things and shoved her book in her backpack.

“Will you please come?” She hadn’t noticed him returning to her side and he chuckled when she jumped from fright.

“Is it necessary to sneak up on me like that?” Ivory swung her bag over her shoulder and sighed.

“You’re just too cute when you’re scared.” Jack grinned as a light blush crept up her neck. He kindly grabbed the other strap to her backpack and held it for her to put her arm through. “So, will you come Friday night? Just to hear us play and then I promise, if you want to go, I’ll take you home.” He begged.

“Promise, promise?” Ivory was uneasy about the idea, but her curiosity to hear the boys band was partly overweighing her worry.

“I promise, promise, promise! You just say the word and we’ll leave.” Jack was already smiling like a fool.

Ivory sighed again and turned to face him. She pouted while he was smiling hopefully. “Alright, I’ll come.” She submitted and he cheered, making her giggle a little. “But you can’t break your promise. Then I’ll never be able to trust you ever again.” She crossed her arms, but Jack’s smile never faltered. He knew this was his chance. He could prove to her how trustworthy he was and then maybe she’d consider going on an actual date.

“I do promise you, and I swear I won’t break it.” Jack leaned in quick and gently kissed her cheek. Then he was gone, racing down the hallway to his next class, glancing back at her ever few seconds. She stared, unable to move as the spot on her cheek started to burn.

“Weird boy,” Ivory muttered and shook her head, getting on her way to her own class.
♠ ♠ ♠
I like Alex in this one : ) and Jack is just so precious! Any comments on his adorableness?
xooxEmber

inspired by :