When it goes wrong

Telling Mikey

That night Mikey stayed up to watch his big brother. By morning he was dead tired but refused sleep. He heard someone stir.....he felt a sudden jolt of energy."Gerard?" he said hopefully.

"Mikes" replyed a muffled vioce.

"Your awake! I got rid of your friends and cleaned up the mess. Ray helped me. I took you in here and didn't tell the others." he rushed.

Gerard smiled. "Your a good brother Mikes. I'm sorry about last night. I... screwed up."

"No you didn't! What was that call about anyway?"

Gerard looked Mikey over. He notised the lump on his head and the bandage. "What happened to your hand?"

"I cut it on a broken bottle."

"And that lump?"

"The box hit me as I tried to get a bandage. But I cleaned the mess."

"You shouldn't have tried to get it yourself. I should have helped you." he said in slight anger. He was angry at himself, not Mikey.

"Don't blame yourself. Its nothing. "

"Mikey I have to tell you smething." Gerard said mentally hoping he was doing the right thing.

"What Gee?" asked Mikey worridly.

"Elena died." he said. Tears welled up as all the hurt from the night before returned full force. His vioce was final.

Mikey looked up with innocent disbelieving eyes into Gerards giulty ones. He couldn't believe it. He wanted to questiion whether it was true. But he knew it was.

"I'll tell mum when she gets back. I'm tthe older one" Gerard said in a sad vioce.

"Gee, I can tell them. I know I can."

"No, Mikes." Gerard responded warmly.