Status: Completed.

The Wonder of You

Cherryville

“Cherryville, Oregon,” said the Cullen’s in unison.

Carlisle shot them that warm smile that they all love and cherish as he continued, “Yes, Cherryville, Oregon believe it or not it’s as rainy as Forks and that’s our new location.”

“Well is it going to be as exciting as Forks,” asked Emmett remembering all of the run ins they had with wolves, the Volturi, and his new little vampire sis Bella.

“No, I can’t say it will Emmet.”

“Damn, no Volturi, no wolves, and no Rose what am I to do,” he exclaimed overdramatically.

Rose kissed his lips lovingly and then whispered into his ear, “Stop being to over dramatic monkey man, I’ll only be gone a year.”

“That’s too long for me Rose,” responded Emmett the sexual meaning behind his words shining through.

Edward gave his brother a crooked smile when Emmett thought about how he was going to last for a year without sex from Rosalie.

“Edward stay out of my head,” shot Emmett.

“I wish I could. You always have the worst thoughts.”

Emmett threw his head back and lost himself in his own laughter, but was brought back to reality when Carlisle began to explain what kind of town Cherryville is; so they would know what to expect.

“Well Cherryville is . . .”

“Where all the cherries are at. We know that Carlisle,” interrupted Emmett childishly.

“You’re actually very wrong; Cherryville was named Cherryville after the founder’s wife Cherry.”

“False advertisement.”

“Emmett are you going to keep interrupting or can I finish.”

“Sorry,” Emmett smiled looking like a four year old that had just been scolded.

“Cherryville is a small town in the coast of Oregon that is stuck in the past; literally. It seems that the entire town enjoyed the 1950s so much that they choose to still dress, act, and eat like they did back then. Don’t worry they do have modern amenities like internet, satellite, but they prefer not to use them. It is a very nice town and I think we will be able to have some peace and quiet there after all we’ve been through these past years.”

“Fifties?! Oh my god! We get to buy new wardrobes! We have to get started right away, I refuse to be the people in modern clothes, because that’ll make us so not belong. So much to do! I know this great vintage place in London! Bella aren’t you excited!”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Bella! You’re not excited!”

“You have enough excitement for the both of us Alice.”

Alice glared at everyone in the house, no one seemed to share her excitement for immersing themselves in the lifestyle of the 1950’s that’s when she remembered how she would make Emmett and Edward fall in love with the idea.

“1954 Cadillac El Dorado Convertible.”

“That’s right! We need cars; we can’t cruise in a Volvo or Jeep! It’s just not hip.”

With that Alice sealed the deal; Carlisle looked over to her thanking her with a warm smile for getting the boys to warm up to the idea of the town.

Soon enough the Cullen family (except for Rosalie who was in France) settled into their new home. The house didn’t have the modern glass design like the new one did; instead it looked like the house from Leave it to Beaver.

The entire first week was spent learning the terrain of their new area; they wanted to familiarize themselves with the grounds that they would be hunting on.

Soon enough the first day of school had arrived. This time around Alice, Bella, and Emmett would be brother and sisters. While Edward and Jasper would be just boys that had been adopted.

Emmett and Jasper would play seniors in the high school and Bella and Alice would be freshman, while Edward would be a sophomore.

That morning Alice got everyone dressed personally, she realized that none of them could be Greaser’s, because Greaser’s needed to have a gang and settled on everyone dressing like “squares”.

After everyone was dressed, she began doing Bella’s hair taking off the roller’s that she had put in hours before. The five wished their goodbye and piled into the two Aston Martin DB4’s that were in the driveway.

Arriving at the high school was like arriving at the set of Grease, Carlisle hadn’t been lying when he said this place was 50’s.

They arrived forty minutes early and got their schedules then they went back onto the parking lot hanging out around their Cadillac.

“Alice I can’t believe you got me into these clothes,” complained Emmett as he rearranged his familial jewels.

Emmett slapped his hand as she said, “I happen to think you look handsome Emmett.”

“I always look handsome though!”

“Conceited.”

“No confident.”

This argument would have continued had they not heard loud commotion coming from a
motorcycle entering the parking lot.

Behind the motorcycle came 7 different automobiles, some classic Cadillac’s, others Chevrolet Bell Air’s and Ford pick up trucks. Slowly the Greaser’s started to emerge from the automobiles.

There were two pairs of couples in each automobile, the Greaser’s with their ladies. As soon as their ladies were out of the car, they slammed the door shut and fixed their collars running a comb through their hair.

These kids embodied the ideal Greaser; they were tall handsome Italian American men wearing tight blue jeans, converse all stars, white t-shirts, and the trademark leather jacket with a T-Birds sign in the back.

One of the young Greaser’s shouted out , “Yo Frankie! Where’s Pauly, I don’t see the car!”

“Pauly brought the motorcycle today,” they shouted back in their thick accent.

The Cullen’s looked over to the motorcycle that was only five parking spots away from their own. A prep slowly got off the back of the motorcycle, when he took off the helmet he revealed his face (think James Franco) that was incredibly handsome.

But as soon as he took off his helmet he started arguing with the person in front of him, “Pauly! Look everyone else has a mirror warmer except for you.”

The one he referred to as Pauly, stepped off the motorcycle. Pauly scoffed, and took off her helmet.

She was a beauty, and there was no denying it she had long black hair with a couple blonde streaks and piercing brown almost black eyes. She threw the helmet to the back of the bike and took off her leather jacket revealing her right arm that is covered in tattoos.

“That’s because they’re going steady Brad,” she told him.

He put his hands on his hips and said, “Well why can’t we go steady?”

“Because I’m not ready to go steady with you yet,” she countered.

“You don’t want to go steady with me but you want me to sleep with you! I’m not that kind of guy!”

“Come on Brad, don’t be like this.”

“There’s someone else isn’t there. Just tell me Pauly,” he shouted as he got more emotional.

Pauly sighed and walked over to Brad, she touched the side of his face and said, “Brad, do I look at anyone else like I look at you. Do you see me hitting on guys when they hit on me? You’re my boy, now when I feel like going steady I’ll tell you we’ll go steady. As for the sex, I want it but I want you to keep your little prep values.” She knew this wasn’t enough, it was the same lines she always fed him so she grabbed her jacket and held it up to him saying, “Wear my jacket, it don’t mean we’re going steady but it means your mine. Now get yourself together.”

Brad smiled as Pauly helped him put on her jacket. He looked cute wearing it on top of his school colored cardigan.

Slowly he placed a sweet kiss on her forehead to which she responded by telling him to , “Cut that crap out, we’re in public I gotta look tough.”

“Hey Pauly!”

“What Bobby,” she shouted as she turned to look in the direction where her name had been screamed from.

“New kids.”

“Tell the girls and Brad to go inside the school; we have to talk to new squares.”

Emmett tried to control the amount of breathes that he was taking; he just couldn’t handle her scent.

He felt bad for having made fun of Edward for not being able to breathe around Bella for the first few months, but now that teasing was biting him in the ass.

From the moment that Pauly’s helmet came off and her scent was thrown into his face he was in excruciating pain.

She smelled like an ice cold glass of Jack Daniels whiskey (his favorite drink when he was human) on a hot Tennessee night; and he was in the mood for whiskey.

He imagine himself luring her into the forest and draining her of her precious blood, he imagined other scenarios but was taken out of them hen he heard Edward call him name, “Emmett.”

“Sorry. I just, fuck, sorry,” he stumbled with his words.

“It’s ok.”

They were snapped out of their thoughts by the presence of the fifteen greasers standing in front of them. Paula was in the front with a large smile across her face, she began the conversation by saying, “Tinkerbelle you’re gorgeous.”

Alice couldn’t help but smile and she ran in for a hug from Pauly. Pauly smiled at her and hugged the petite pixie like creature in her arms and said, “You’re freezing Tinkerbelle you need a jacket. Hey Tony! Pass me my jacket from your car.”

Tony threw her a pink cardigan that would go well with Alice’s outfit. Alice smiled and put the jacket on, “Thank you so much, I’m Alice by the way.”

“I dig Tinkerbelle better, but I’ll call you whatever you like. I’m Paula, people around here call me Pauly. These boys in the back are Tony, Bobby, Franky, Billy, Timmy, Richie, Buddy, Tommy, Willy, Mickey, Tobey, Ronny, Pony Boy, and Robby.”

“Nice to meet you all. This here’s Edward, Jasper by boyfriend.”

“You got real good posture, mind if I call you major?”

“Not at all ma’m.”

“Southern accent? That’s nice.”

“Yes! And this is Bella my sister and Emmett my brother.”

“What’s wrong with you, Emmett you look like you’ve seen a ghost.”

He stared at her for a brief moment and walked away from the group. Pauly turned to them and said, “Keep an eye on your brother he looks like he’s doing drugs. See you around.”

They waited until the Greaser’s were out of sight then they asked Edward what was wrong with Emmett, he sighed and said, “He’s found his own personal brand of heroine.”