Status: Completed.

The Wonder of You

Rosalie

“HOW DARE YOU DO THIS TO ME?!”

Rosalie roared out the question, she was a woman who rarely expressed her emotions but how dare they act as if she had no emotions at all!

They did not know how humiliating it had been when she found out that Emmett was getting married!

She had walked into the designer’s studio a little bit early and heard him talking with his girlfriend on the wedding of her dearest Emmett!

The Cullen’s didn’t respond to Rosalie’s question. They had no clue as to what to say, but what made them feel guilty was the fact that they all wanted to go out and check how Paula was doing.

Emmett felt bad for putting Rosalie through this; she had been the one that saved his life that stuck by his side when he was having trouble with their animal only diet, and the one that never gave up on him.

He felt like he was betraying her, he was her everything, she spoiled him and loved him. He was the only one that she was ever kind too, the only one that she ever favored and he was putting her through hell.

He didn’t know how to answer her question, the most obvious response was to tell her that Paula’s his singer, but he knew that wasn’t an answer that she would just accept.

If he were in her shoes, he wouldn’t put up with this crap. He knew what he had to do, and even if it broke his own heart he was gonna do it, he owed her that much.

“I’m sorry Rosalie.”

“What?”

“I don’t know what came over me. I just, you were gone, you know how much I need you, how much I need someone to be by my side and fuss over me. I’m a self centered bastard and I fucked up big time.”

“You were gonna marry her!”

“I was, I’m not gonna lie.”

“Were you gonna turn her?”

“No, I could never spend eternity with anyone but you Rose. Please calm down.”

“How can I be calm! Don’t you know what I’ve been through!? What if you were me?! What would you do?”

“I would kill the fucking bastard that tried to take you away from me, but please don’t be as violent as I would. We kind of like this town.”

“Swear to me that you don’t love her. Swear to me that you will never talk to her again.”

“Rosalie.”

“Swear to me Emmett, please swear it.”

“I swear that I don’t love her and that I will never talk to her again.”

“Now ask for forgiveness.”

“Rosalie please forgive me.”

“I will. Now come on, I’ve been lonely without you my monkey man.”

Emmett put a fake smile on his face and followed Rosalie out the door. The Cullen’s waited until Emmett and Rosalie were out of hearing range to begin talking.

“Alice did you know she was coming?”

“No, I think it’s because I wasn’t focusing in on her. I was focusing on making sure that there wouldn’t be a fight. I should’ve looked out for her! We could’ve avoided this mess. Paula and Emmet could still be together! Why did he just take her back! Why didn’t he stand up for Paula!”

If vampires could cry every person in the room would’ve been sobbing, Jasper felt all of their sorrow and even though he wanted to make them all happy he couldn’t because he himself was also wallowing in the pit of despair.

Edward looked at them and said, “Emmett knows Rose. I saw him thinking. He knows that Rosalie is a complete heartless and cold bitch in order to get and keep what she wants. He knew that if he stood up for that Rosalie would’ve found her and killed her. He thinks it’s his only option. Carlisle isn’t there something we can do?”

“Don’t get involved. Emmett will do what he feels is best.”

“But Paula!”

“Don’t you think this hurts me as much as it hurts you!? I love that girl as if she was my own flesh and blood, but you can not meddle with other people’s love lives, no matter how much you want too.”

Emmett and Rosalie showed up at the house that Sunday afternoon. Rosalie went upstairs to shower and get changed, she was the type of girl that took two hours getting ready so Emmett stayed out back thinking.

He was an idiot for thinking that he could just marry Paula, turn her and never have to deal with Rosalie.

He now understood why no one ever trusted him with anything really important, because he is not one to be trusted, there is not an ounce of maturity and good decision making in his body.

Edward clutched his head as he heard his brother’s thoughts; there was a tone of despair in his voice that he couldn’t handle.

Emmett was the person that was always smiling and joking around, even when things were at their worst seeing him in such terrible shape was awful.

Emmett was taken out of his thoughts when Edward placed a hand on his shoulder. He didn’t bother turning to face his brother all he did was say, “I just lost the best thing that ever happened to me and I didn’t even give her an explanation. I doubt she’ll hear me out. I fucked up so bad. Edward, I’m a joke. I had the perfect future set up and now, now it’s all gone and it’s all my fault. My fault.”

“Emmett calm down. You didn’t know she was going to show up.”

“I knew she would eventually. I should’ve manned up and told her before things got out of hand. She’ll kill her though, Rosalie doesn’t like sharing. When Bella got you she was so mad. She wanted her dead and Rosalie doesn’t even love you! She was just mad that some plain human had won your heart when she hadn’t. Now imagine how pissed she must be right now. I can’t let her kill Marie, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself. I just I wish I could explain everything to her. I know it won’t make things better, but I’ll feel a little better.”

“Talk to her then.”

“Rosalie’s not gonna let me out of her sight.”

“She will if you go hunting with me and Jasper. I don’t lie remember.”

“You sure?”

“We’ll go at night, so the town don’t see you because our family is public enemy number one right now.”

“I fucked up.”