What Has Become Of Me?

Silver Bullet

“Anika! If you don’t come out of there right now, we’re dragging you out” Brian threatens from the other side of the door.

“Not until you tell me where you are taking me!” I yell back.

This has gone on for five minutes now. I’m dressed up in a knee length dress that is coloured black and red. Only a slight amount of makeup covers my face since I don’t believe I need it. A black clutch bag sits in my lap with my purse and mobile phone inside.

“Don’t make me break this door down” Chase warns.

“Annie, I’d never let anything bad happen to you” Seb pipes up as Brian and Chase fall strangely silent.

They must be planning something. I’m sat at the end of my bed refusing to go with them until I know where they’re going to take me.

“We just want to celebrate your joining to our world” Seb explains, “It’s a small place just outside of town; there’ll be music and fun.”

Before Seb can go any further, strong arms wrap around me. My eyes fly wide open. How on Earth did they get into my room?

“Let go of me” I hiss.

“Tough luck, kitten” Brian says then hoists me up onto his shoulder.

Wow this is all too familiar.

“Kitten?” I question.

“Would you rather be called puppy?” I’m silent, “Exactly, kitten is a better pet name.”

“Have I ever told you how much I truly hate you?” I ask.

“You’re just trying to hide your love for me” Brian says in an all-knowing tone.

He then pats my bum! I ball up my fist and drive it between his shoulder blades.

“What was that for?” he asks.

“For being a disgusting pig and touching my butt!” I yell.

“Take it down an octave, Anika” Chase jokes as he climbs in my bedroom window.

I glare at him. Brian begins walking for the door with me helplessly slung over his shoulder.

“Chase, get my bag and shoes!” I call to him as Brian starts for the stairs with Seb strolling beside us.

“Just had to be difficult for these guys, didn’t ya?” Dan questions from beside the front door as he holds it open for the four of us.

“Dan if you had any grasp of self preservation you would help me now” I tell him, “because shortly I will return, and I know exactly where you live as well as sleep.”

The neighbours must be horrified. Brian has already made it half way across the lawn and I’m screaming back at Dan.

“You’d better sleep with one eye open! A world of hurt is waiting for you! Buddy boy, I will assassinate you!” before I can threaten him anymore Brian shoves me in the car.

Everyone gives me a peculiar look.

“What?” I ask as I snatch my belongings from Chase.

“You’ll assassinate him?” Jett asks me as if I’m insane.

“Assassinate sounds cooler then just murder” I explain as I slip my black high heels on, “Don’t ya think?”

The guys all nod, no one can deny my logic.

“Finally we are off to the Silver Bullet!” Seb cheers as he buckles his seat belt.

“Wait, what?” I ask thoroughly confused.

What’s Silver Bullet? If it’s some sort of club, as I suspect, the guys won’t be able to get me in because I’m not old enough yet.

“I’m underage” I inform them.

“Not in dogs years” Brian says and they all laugh at the inside joke.

Dog, wolf. Wow, my insides are just splitting at the hilarity, note the sarcasm. Our car zooms off and I sink down in my chair. I curse the day Dom was born and his idiocy of leaving me defenceless with these guys. A flame thrower would be handy at this moment.

A pulsing blue neon sign announces our arrival at the Silver Bullet. Two bouncers stand at the door at the head of a massive cue.

“Too busy, oh well, back home it is” I chirp.

“Honey, only humans wait” Brian chuckles.

My face falls. Damn, so close.

“Don’t look so sad, you’re going to have the night of your life” Seb tells me.

All I need is for some macho wolf to catch sight of me and kidnap me then I’d be stuck becoming part of his pack. For the moment I am fair game for the first pack to take ownership of me, it’s so degrading to think of myself in that way. As soon as the car stops, Chase pulls me out and wraps an arm around my waist.

“Stay close tonight, and don’t do too much to stand out more then you already will” he whispers close beside my ear.

I nod as I let Chase lead me and the other guys past the cueing humans right up to the front doors. The bouncers’ eyes gleam as they catch sight of me. Oh dear.

“Nice fellas, real nice” a bouncer comments as he moves aside for us.

Just as we pass one of the bouncers make a move to grab my bum. I turn sharply and kick his knee in. The bigger they are, the harder they fall; that doesn’t apply in this case but I really wish it did. The large man doesn’t even budge.

“Good try, sugar” He says before Chase drags me inside.

“I said don’t do too much to stand out” Chase hisses to me.

“But he tried to grab me, the disgusting pig” I hiss back as the pulsing music hits me.

“Psh” Chase utters “Just has to be the guy’s fault, admit that you kind of wanted it.”

By the end of this night, I swear Chase will be missing two little round somethings and they won’t be his eyeballs.

The beat is so loud is travels through my body, my heart can feel each thud of the music strongly. Seb’s face lights up. Majority of the gathered people are wolves, I can just sense it. Humans mingle through with them. The women in the crowd are all human, making me the only she-wolf here; I’m surely going to die in this place. Chase drags me along and the men dancing nearby pause. A tremor runs through one of them clearly showing he is new and his wolf is desperate to get me. I sink into Chase’s side. This is going to be a very long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi again, second update for today.
Really hope you are enjoying this. This chapter has been posted so quickly because of my speedy talented Beta, Bella.

Lurking_shadow