What Has Become Of Me?

Chase Is Evil

Ten minutes passed, no Brian. Seb admitted defeat and cursed Brian’s name before he quickly became engrossed in freeing his sleeve from the glove compartment which he had locked it in by accident. He didn’t realise a key was needed to unlock it, and Jett held that key.

Fifteen minutes, no Brian. Seb resorted to kicking the glove compartment until Jett hurriedly gave him the key after telling him he was a bloody idiot. Chase has been staring at me for five minutes but I refuse to look at him.

“This is taking too long!” Seb whines suddenly causing me to jump slightly in my seat.

“Hey, why didn’t Anika make a bet?” Jett asks, as if just realising I hadn’t taken part in their game.

“She has to make a bet in the next ten seconds!” Seb declares.

“I’ve got no money” I say.

“So? I’ll collect my winnings off you when we get to your place” Jett shrugs.

I sigh in defeat.

“Fine” I sigh after a quick check of my watch “Twenty five minutes.”

Twenty two minutes have now inched by with still no Brian. A small game of tag is now in progress. No one tries to escape the poke that means they become the person tagged, they just pass it on. Chase pokes my stomach and a traitorous giggle slips. They can’t know I’m ticklish!

“What was that?” Chase asks with a grin spreading across his face, it spreads to Jett and Seb as well, like some evil disease.

“I said, I’m not playing” I say quickly and undo my belt.

“Are you ticklish, Anika?” Chase asks removing his seat belt as well.

“No” I say slowly as I inch away until my back hits the door.

Only one thought occurs to me which is the repetition of; I’m screwed. Chase moves closer slow enough to have me panicking by the time he comes close enough to reach me.

“Chase” I say slowly.

“Yes, Anika?” he asks in an innocent tone, as if he isn’t going to tickle the life out of me.

“Put your hands anywhere near me and I’ll kick you where the sun don’t shine” I tell him with a tone similar to his.

“Well Anika, that just means I’ll have to grab those legs of yours with one hand first” he tells me.

I glare daggers at him. Without warning, Chase throws himself at me pinning me against the door. One of his massive hands wrap around both of my ankles as his other hand finds my stomach.

“No!” I shriek.

The other two guys just watch and laugh. Giggles erupt from my body as I thrash around trying to escape. Everyone is now laughing as they watch me.

“You can all go to Hell!” I screech at them between fits of laughter, “I hate you all.”

I try to push Chase’s hand away with both of mine but he is strong.

Before any more torture can go on, the door at my back is opened. I tumble out backwards and expect to hit the road beneath head first, but strong arms catch me. Brian smiles at me as I sit half in the car, half in his arms. I wriggle back into the car but it suddenly becomes a bad idea as that means I am now lying underneath Chase. He is propped above me with a smile.

“Brian took twenty five minutes, to the second” Jett groans from the front seat.

“Are you serious? I lost?” Chase asks.

While he is distracted I brace both my hands on his chest and shove him back into his original seat. Brian jumps up into the car.

“Then who won?” he asks as he closes the door.

“Annie” Seb chirps as he gathers the money and passes it back to me.

I stare at the thirty dollars in my hand unbelieving. Did I just win my first bet? That’s kind of cool.

“Wait. Annie?” I ask Seb once I look up from my money.

“Yep” Seb chirps happily “Onwards to Chase’s house!”

Jett laughs shaking his head as he pulls away from Brian’s place.

Chase was quick to get dressed and no one attacked me while we waited. He jogged back out to us dressed similar to the other three guys.

“Now one last stop before we can start our night” Jett says.

“I’m not telling you where I live until you tell me where you are taking me” I tell them.

“We are currently trying to take you home” Brian informs me.

“I’m not telling you” I say.

Chase and Brian share a look, one that makes me nervous.

“Is that so? Maybe we will just have to tickle it out of you” Chase says slowly as he grins at me.

No escape. I’m trapped between Brian and Chase.

“No, no, no” I say quickly trying to sink back into my chair.

“Just tell us where you live” Brian tells me.

I shake my head. Both Brian and Chase attack me. Laughs spill from my lips as I struggle to no avail.

“N-no, I-I hate you!” I gasp out between giggles.

Meanwhile Jett has whipped out his phone and is conversing with someone.

“Yeah Dom, we just need to know her address” I hear Jett say.

“Dom! I hate you! Save me!” I scream fighting my laughter.

“Nah that was just the radio in the background” Jett says, signalling for the boys to shut me up.

Brian cupped my face, covering my mouth. I thrashed but it was hard as Chase continued tickling me.

“Excellent, thanks man” Jett says, “Yeah she’d tell me but she is still fast asleep, last night must have really taken it out of her.”

Without another word, Jett disconnects the call then starts the engine. Chase stops tickling me but Brian doesn’t remove his hand. I grab his arm and rip it away from me. My glare should have made him whither on the spot, instead he just laughs slinging his arm around my shoulders.

All too quickly we arrive at my home.

“I hate you all and once I go inside, you are welcome to piss off” I smile at them.

I would have skipped off inside, locked my front door and gone to bed if it hadn’t been for the two massive men sitting either side of me.

“Hmm, I think Annie needs help getting inside” Chase says thoughtfully.

“She most definitely doesn’t!” I argue.

Brian nods to Chase and suddenly my hands and legs are seized. Chase backs carefully out of the car while holding my legs. Brian carries my hands and they walk me to the front door.

“Got a key to get in?” Brian asks.

“Nope” I respond.

“Then we just have to knock” Chase says.

Seb appears beside us as I hang between the two giants.

“Would you hit that door bell?” Brian asks.

Seb nods and rings the bell. My parents have to yell at these guys and tell them to get lost. Eventually the door is opened by my older brother. Now he is in fact a full werewolf and the only reason he isn’t part of this town’s pack is because he has already found his place the next town over. He is simply here to be supportive of me during my first changes.

“Daniel!” I yell relieved.

Dan is a big guy; he should be able to knock these guys down or at least Seb.

“You have to help!” I yell looking up at him.

“Think you have the wrong place fellas, I didn’t order anything” Dan says then moves as if to close the door.

“I will rip your spleen out of your throat then use it to beat you to death if you don’t help me this instant!” I screech hurriedly.

Everyone just laughs. Dan finally sighs.

“Alright you can bring her in” he says and stands aside.

Everyone walks in and I’m carried in.

“Dan! Beat these guys up and tell them to get lost before I kill you” I demand.

“But I’m tired, I’ve been so busy today doing nothing” Dan says then walks away, “anyone want a beer?”

“Yeah, why not?” Chase replies.

“Where’s her room?” Brian asks.

“Upstairs, first door to the left” Dan replies grabbing drinks for the guys.

I’m marched upstairs still yelling insults at my slack, good for nothing brother. Brian and Chase carefully lay me down on the floor.

“Get all beautified and hurry” Brian tells me, then both boys walk out the door.

“Never!” I exclaim at the closed door.

The footsteps halt.

“If you don’t get dressed yourself, I’d love to help you get ready” Brian says peeking his head back into the room, “maybe I could even help you take a shower if you like.”

I have no words to say.

“Gah!” I exclaim and shove the door shut hoping to catch his head in it.

No such luck. I hear him chuckle to himself as he goes downstairs. I guess all that is left is to dress up and hope for an early end to the evening. Now what shall I wear?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi all.

Merry New Year!
Thanks again to my brilliant Beta Bella.
Wow! 6 subscribers. I'd love to hear feedback. Got a favourite character yet?

Thanks for reading/subscribing and hopefully commenting.

Lurking_shadow