‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 16

Riley and Ethan got close over winter break. They were starting to remind Ian and I of us. I backed off slightly, thinking that this wasn’t half as bad as I thought it was going to be. Ethan was impressing me. They never declared themselves a couple, though.

“I don’t want to go back to school tomorrow.” I said, sprawled out on my floor, Ian resting his head on my stomach, Riley resting his on my legs. I guess I’m really comfortable.
“No one wants to go to school tomorrow.” Riley said.

“There should be a snow day.” Ian said.

We all sighed, bored out of our minds.

“What is there to do?” Ian asked, sounding irritated of just laying here.

“Threesome?” I offered, smirking.

“Oh god no.” Riley said, sounding disgusted.

Ian and I laughed.

“Fine.” I said stubbornly.

Riley’s phone vibrated on the floor. He grabbed it and looked at it.

“Bye Riley.” Ian and I said.

He stuck his tongue out at us and walked out of my room.

Ian and I looked at each other, smiling. Ian sat up and crawled on top of me. I wrapped my arms around his waist as our lips connected.

I’ve been thinking about it, and I think today’s the day. I think I’m ready. I can trust that Ian will never leave me, and I’ll never leave him. I wanted my first time to be with someone special, and Ian is nothing short of special. Sure, it’s not a special day or anything, but this would make it special.

I got more into the kiss, moving my hands from Ian’s waist to his hips, hooking my fingers in his belt loops. He wasn’t wearing a belt today, which means his pants would come off that much easier. I rolled so Ian would be on the bottom, and I let him slide my shirt off. I got off of him and pulled him off the floor so I could start undressing him.

Our lips came apart, but our faces stayed close, our breathing shaky.

“You’re so beautiful.” Ian whispered, looking right into my eyes, his hand digging itself into my hair.

I kissed him fiercely. No words needed to be expressed. It just had to be me and him, in this room.

From there, the rest of our clothes came off and our bodies came together.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Ian whispered against my lips.

“I’ve never been more sure in my life.” I said.

Feelings of utter bliss and pleasure overcame me. There are no other feelings in the world that could top the ones I’m feeling, and only one person could do this to me is Ian. No other thoughts are running through my mind besides the fact that I fucking love Ian.

********

I couldn’t have woken up happier the next morning, though Ian wasn’t next to me.

It felt so weird not having Ian’s arms around me when I woke up. Not hearing “I love you” right before I went to sleep, it felt like something was missing.

I groaned. “Riley, I don’t wanna go to school.”

I heard a snore in response.

I looked up and Riley was still sprawled out on his bed, mouth open, snoring away.

And usually I was the one he was waking up.

I crawled out of bed, pillow in hand. I then proceeded to hit him with said pillow.

“Ow, ow, ow, okay, Nick, stop!” He yelled, swatting at the pillow.

“We have school today.” I said, smiling, finding amusement in this. Maybe that’s why Riley does this to me every morning.

“Uuuugh.” He said, sighing, wiping his face with his hands.

We both moved slowly to get ready for school, and for once, we were ready after the twins. They almost left without us. The twins didn’t throw any shit at us on the way to school, which was surprising. Maybe they know that Riley’s practically going out with Ethan and they decided to back off. In that case, there’s a definite upside to Riley getting together with Ethan.

Ian and I automatically hugged once we got to school.

“I missed you last night.” Ian said. “It didn’t feel right without you there.”

I just smiled into his shoulder. I thought the same thing, and he probably knew it.

I let go of Ian so Riley could hug him. It was pretty much a daily ritual.

We saw Ethan come into the school with his usual people-hating scowl on his face. Riley smiled at him, but Ethan just pushed him into a locker and kept walking.

“What the hell?!” I yelled.

Ethan turned around, and came back by us, like he was expecting to. He just stood there, looking between the three of us.

“Well? What the hell?” I asked again.

He scoffed and coughed out a bitter laugh. “Did you really think I was serious? You should really know me better than that. It was fun playing you while it lasted.”

My mouth hung open, anger bubbling inside me. “You little fucker. Why would you do that?!”

“Do you really have to ask? He’s just a sick lowlife that has nothing better to do than fuck around with people’s lives and make everyone else miserable.” Riley said in a cold, monotonous voice, his eyes shooting daggers at Ethan, tears brimming his bottom eyelids.

When Ethan said nothing in response, Riley ran off into the bathroom. I followed him and sat on the ground next to Riley, who cried into my shoulder.

“I should’ve known he was just using me.” Riley sobbed.

“Shh, it’s okay. He played us all.” I said, rubbing his back. I wanted to say I told you so, but this is definitely not the right time.

“I hate him. I fucking hate him.” Riley said, getting angry, pounding on the wall.

I let him get all his anger and sadness out without saying a word.

When it seemed like he was more composed, I asked him if he was ready to go to class.

He sniffled, wiping some tears and nodding. “Yeah.”

I smiled a little at him, helping him up. He pulled me into a hug. “Thank you so much, Nick.”

“I’m here for you, Riley.” I said, hugging him tighter.

We parted and smiled at each other, going out of the bathroom and to our first hour class. The teacher didn’t question us; Ian must’ve told her what happened. We both sat in the two empty desks on both sides of Ian, and Ian immediately began asking Riley if he was alright.

I smiled at how concerned he is.

When Riley reassured Ian he was okay about three or four times, he finally turned to me.

I glared at the thing that was sitting a few rows in front of us.

“I really hate him.” I said.

“Yeah no kidding. I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you. None of this would’ve happened if we would’ve talked to Riley.” He said, directing his eyes to the floor.

“Well we were both kind of blinded by Ethan’s actions.” I said, putting a hand on his knee. “I wanted to punch him so badly.”

“I think what Riley said to him hurt him more than anything physical could.” Ian said.

We both sighed and turned to the front of the class. So much for the good feeling I had when I woke up today.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Yay.
But >:[

<333