‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 18

I looked after Ian as he ran out of the cafeteria.

“Who could he be talking to that I can’t know about?” I asked after watching the clock for five minutes.

“I have a small feeling that he’s out talking to Ethan.” Riley said, his voice slightly acidic at his mention.

I sighed. “Alright, I’ll be back in a couple minutes. I just want to see what they can possibly be talking about.”

Riley nodded with his mouth full as I left the lunch room. Ethan was most likely outside smoking, he never eats lunch.

I looked out the doors and saw Ian and Ethan hugging. I was going to yell to tell them to break it up, until my words were lodged in the back of my throat when Ethan kissed Ian.

He kissed my Ian.

I flung open the door. “What the hell?” I asked, feeling the anger bubbling inside me.

Ethan tore his lips away from Ian’s, who stumbled backwards, his eyes wide in shock as he looked between Ethan and I.

Ethan had a smug look on his face as he stood up off the picnic table. “What, amazed that your ‘loyal’ boyfriend couldn’t even resist my-”

My fist made contact with his jaw and my foot with his stomach. He fell backwards onto his back and I jumped on him straddling his waist, punching everywhere.

Ethan suddenly flipped me so I was on the ground, and he started throwing the punches, giving me blows to the jaw and nose.

“Ethan! Nick! Boys!” I heard a voice say, pulling Ethan off of me. Ian pulled me off the ground, giving me support.

“What the fuck were you thinking?! Don’t EVER lay a hand on my boyfriend again. You’ll be dead the next time it happens.” I yelled at him, Ian holding me back so I don’t attack Ethan again.

Ethan just spat at me before the teacher dragged him into the school.

Ian handled me gently, pulling me into a hug. “I’m so glad you’re okay.”

I wanted to hug him back, I did.

“Your little meeting really didn’t have to include me?” I asked coldly, stepping away from Ian. “What purpose did that serve?”

Ian just looked at the ground, not saying anything.

“Did you think you’d be able to keep it a secret? That I wouldn’t find out from someone or see you two?” I said, glaring at him.

“Oh, no, Nick, that’s not it-”

“Don’t pull all that it’s not what it looks like shit. It’s exactly what it looks like.” I cut him off, saving his breath.

“Nick, just listen to me, please.” Ian pleaded, grabbing onto my arm, the tears in his eyes spilling over onto his cheeks. His lip started quivering, making my anger falter slightly. No matter how mad I am at him, I could never stand to see him cry knowing it was me that caused it.

“Explain your side, then.” I said, my voice coming out as harsh as before.

“I came out here to ask Ethan about his relationship and feelings with Riley. He opened up a little to me, so I hugged him. The next thing I know he’s sticking his tongue down my throat and you’re accusing me of che-”

I kissed Ian tenderly, though it hurt my throbbing lip, wrapping my arms around him. That was more than enough to believe him.

I pulled away from Ian’s lips and looked at him, seeing the tear stains on his cheeks being redrawn. I wiped away the fresh tears, keeping both hands on the sides of his face. “I’m sorry, baby. I should’ve listened to you.”

“Oh, Nick, your lip…” Ian said, wiping some of the blood from it.

I kissed him again. “Don’t worry about that. This isn’t about me.” I wiped another tear
from his cheek, which made me want to cry. “I made you cry. I never wanted to make you
cry.” I said, barely making my voice above a whisper as tears welled up in
my eyes.

Ian wrapped his arms around me tightly, but said nothing.

“I’m so sorry, I feel horrible.” I said again, my voice muffled into his shoulder.

“Don’t feel sorry, please. I’m only crying because I thought I was going to lose you.” Ian
said, squeezing me tighter.

“I could never lose you.” I whispered. “I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Ian sniffled. “I love you so much.”

I leaned my head up from his shoulder, making Ian look at me, too. “I will always love
you, don’t you ever forget that. No matter how mad I get at you.”

He gave me his cute half smile and kissed me. “Do you think class has started yet?”

“Probably.” I said, smiling.

We separated and started for the school, hand in hand.

“Nick, Ian, my office please.” We heard the principal call to us.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I was really hoping we could sneak past her and avoid this
whole thing.

I just plastered a fake smile on and we followed Ms. Williams into her back office. When
I saw Ethan there I wanted to scream at him again.

I sat at the opposite end of the room of Ethan, Ian following me, sitting next to me.

“Alright boys, I already know the story, now for the punishments, at least for Ethan and
Nick. You both are suspended from school for three days. I will gather all of your makeup work and have both of your parents notified. You’re not to step foot on school grounds for the next three days, or I have the right to extend your suspension.” She explained.

“If you’re suspending Nick, you’re suspending me, too.” Ian said.

“Ian, what are you doing?” I whispered.

“I have no reason to suspend you.” Ms. William’s pointed out.

“I don’t care. Suspend me if you suspend Nick. Nick doesn’t deserve to be suspended, he was just protecting me.” Ian said, sneaking a small smile in my direction.

“Well he could’ve done it in a much more mature way-”

“Like words could’ve done anything.” Ethan scoffed.

She looked between the three of us, then took her glasses off. “Very well. Here’s what I will do. Nick, detention after school for a week. Ethan, the suspension is still on for you, since this isn’t your first offense.”

“That’s alright, this place is a shit hole anyways.” Ethan said, getting out of the chair and leaving her office, walking out the front doors.

“Thank you, Ms. Williams. When do you want me to serve those detentions?” I asked.

“Lets start next week. It’s the first week back, I’m giving everyone a little break.” She said, smiling.

We smiled at her and got out of the chairs, thanking her again.

“At least we won’t see Ethan for three days.” Ian said, lacing his fingers through mine.

“It’s three days too little. He needs to be gone for the rest of the year. And he needs to keep his whorish hands off you and Riley. I don’t want you two going by him at all.” I said, feeling like a mother.

“I’m not planning on it, not anymore. And with Riley, that’s a lot easier said than done. With just a slight mention of Ethan in conversation his voice turns bitter.” Ian said, letting go of my hand to get to his locker while I got to mine.

“Do you think the teacher’s going to be mad?” Ian asked, futzing around while I finished getting my stuff.

I shrugged. “We have good enough reason. And Ms. Williams probably called. Don’t worry, we’ll be-”

Ian kissed me fiercely, pushing me up against the locker. I took this by complete surprise, not knowing where it came from. I’m not complaining, though.

I placed my hands on his hips while he was pressed tight to me. I could tell he wanted me, badly. We weren’t about to pull an Ethan and sneak to fuck in the bathrooms during first hour. It was nasty and ridiculously rude.

“Damn, why didn’t I choose suspension.” I said breathlessly, looking into his eyes.

“Necessities before pleasure, babe.” Ian said, smiling, biting my lip slightly before giving me one last kiss, letting me free from the lockers.
♠ ♠ ♠
UPDATE SPECIALLY PRODUCED FOR JONES <3
Because I love him and now we shall cuddle in our hypothetical temperpedic bed of love.

<333333