‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 32

-Three Months Later-

Ethan had a surprise birthday party for Riley up his sleeve, and I loved every bit of it. He put me in charge of the cake, naturally, and I had plans for this masterpiece. He told me the color scheme, consisting of blues, purples, and pinks, and I thought it was gorgeous. A little lime green accents and the cake will be perfection.

“Ian, you look like you’re planning.” Nick told me as we sat with Ethan at our lunch table, Riley talking to a teacher about a project.

“You have no idea, hun. This cake is going to be brilliant. We need to go shopping.” I said, grabbing Nick’s hand, squeezing it, beaming. “I’ll ask my mom if we can go tonight.”

Nick laughed, leaning into me. “Sweetie, the party isn’t for a week. We should at least wait til the party is closer.”

“Just because the party is a week away doesn’t mean we can’t get ingredients.” I pointed out.

Nick rolled his eyes at me, kissing me softly. “Whatever you say, Ian.”

I smiled a big, toothy grin at him after we parted. “We’ll go tonight, after school. I’ll have my mom drive us.”

“I can drive us, too, since I’m doing the color scheme.” Ethan suggested.

I gasped a little, hitting Ethan. “That’s a great idea!”

“Fuck, Ian.” Ethan said, rubbing his arm. “You need to settle the fuck down, you’re getting a little too excited over this party.”

“Well come on, it’s Riley’s 17th birthday. He’s my best friend, he’s been my best friend since the first day I came here. I have every right to be this excited. And this is the first time I’ve ever helped plan a party, since I could never bring my expertise out at my old school.” I said, getting quiet at the last part.

Nick grabbed my hand, squeezing it.

“Why couldn’t you?” Ethan asked.

“I wasn’t exactly out of the closet, per se, until a few months before sophomore year at my old school was over. Those months were hell. That’s why I moved here, for a fresh start.”

“Well that’s retarded, a bunch of fuckin’ homophobes.” Ethan said, taking a bite out of his pizza.

“Tell me about it.” I said, rolling my eyes, squeezing Nick’s hand. I looked up towards the cafeteria entrance and saw Riley coming back to sit down. He pressed his lips to Ethan’s quickly before sitting down next to him, wrapping his arm around Ethan’s waist.

“So what did I miss?” Riley asked, looking around at all of us.

“Nothing really. Ian’s just beating me up is all.” Ethan said, shrugging his shoulder.

Riley gave me a disapproving look, and I just smirked. “He brought it upon himself, I swear.”

Riley just rolled his eyes and rested his head on Ethan’s shoulder, closing his eyes.

I held in a little giggle. They’re so cute together. I looked at Nick and he could tell I was about to burst at the seams.

“You wanna go to our lockers?” Nick asked, pecking my lips.

I nodded. “We’ll see you next hour.”

Ethan waved and we walked out of the lunchroom.

“They’re so cute!!” I squealed, hugging Nick tightly.

His arms wrapped around my waist, squeezing me tightly against him, laughing slightly. “Oh god, I love you, Ian.”

I leaned to press my lips against his. “I love you, too, Nick.” I said quietly, smiling.

He kissed me again, this time more passionate. He backed me up into the lockers as the kiss started getting more intense.

“Ew, stupid fags. Save it.”

I pulled away from Nick’s lips and we looked to see who just said that. It was just some random guy whom we didn’t know his name or anything. We turned back to each other, shrugging, kissing once more before going to our lockers to grab our things for next hour.

“So are you okay with going shopping tonight? I know I kinda forced you into it, so I just want to make sure.” I said, feeling bad about making him come tonight.

“The plans are perfect. Any excuse to be around you, forced or not, is a good enough one for me.” He said, smiling, making me blush.

I hugged him with my free arm, and he did the same, kissing my temple, nuzzling his face into my neck. “I love you so much.”

I put my hand on the side of his neck, resting my head on his briefly. “I love you, too, Nick.”

Our lips came together in a short, sweet kiss before going to find Riley, probably still in the lunch room with Ethan. We walked through the doors and there they still sat. We stayed by the doorway, concealing ourselves, just wanting to watch them. Riley’s hand was intertwined with Ethan’s, Ethan’s thumb rubbing Riley’s hand. When Riley’s cheeks turned a bright red, we knew that Ethan either said something totally cute or totally embarrassing. Riley looked down at their hands, smiling a little, then looked back at Ethan, starting to laugh. Their lips came together in a short peck, which was followed by a series of pecks, which turned into a passionate kiss.

“They’re so perfect together.” I said, sighing, resting my head against Nick’s shoulder. I’m not gonna lie, I envied their relationship a little, but I wouldn’t trade the world for Nick. I love him so much, and he treats me so well, I wouldn’t be able to find another guy remotely like him.

We heard the five minute bell ring, which signaled to us that we needed to leave before Riley and Ethan knew we were spying on their adorable lunch scene. I’m not going to dwell on it much longer; Nick would probably start getting slightly suspicious and annoyed of my rambling.

We got to our forth hour class and took our designated seats, saving Riley and Ethan a seat. This is the only class all semester that I have with all three of them, otherwise it’s just one or two of them. It’s such a fun time when it’s the four of us.

As class commenced, we couldn’t help but be obnoxious. Nick, Ethan, and I are all ecstatic about Riley’s birthday, and Riley’s being obnoxious just to be obnoxious, which made me laugh. We almost got kicked out, but the bell rang. We walked out of the classroom laughing amongst ourselves. I don’t see how I lived without these three.

----------

“Ethan! We need this.” I said, thrusting four packs of food dye in his face.
“Four packs, really?” Ethan asked in disbelief.

“There’s gonna be a lot of frosting.” I said, shrugging, then grabbing Nick’s hand and running down the aisle. I love shopping, it’s so much fun. I adore food shopping. There’s so many possibilities as to what you could make in one aisle!

“Ian!” Nick yelled, laughing.

I stopped and he ran into me, knocking me back a step or two. I looked at him, staring straight at his eyes, smiling, waiting for him to say something.

“I think we have everything we need.” He said.

“Hmm…” I pondered, slowly making my way up and down the aisle we’re currently in. I gasped and jumped to reach the candles on the top self. They’re bright, wiggly, and they’re trick candles. I smirked a little bit as I threw them into the cart. “Kay, now I’m done. With food that is. We still need to get his presents!”

“I already have a few things in mind.” Nick said, smiling.

“Like what?” Ethan asked as we went to the self checkout.

“Well there’s a pair of skinny jeans he tried on and really liked the last time we went to the mall, and a few shirts, oh, and this pair of shoes he was looking at. Basically, we’re adding a whole new outfit to his wardrobe.” Nick explained.

That was a fun shopping day, we got kicked out of so many stores.

“And don’t worry, you’ll approve. His butt looks fantastic in the new jeans.” I said.

He looked at me like I was odd, but he looked satisfied at the same time. I smiled and starting putting the bags into the cart.

“Do we want to shop for the clothes tonight or what?” I asked as we loaded the last bag into the trunk.

“Lets do it some other time. I’m shopped out for the day.” Ethan said, getting into the driver’s seat.

“You just want to get back to Riley.” Nick said with a smirk in his voice.

Ethan sent me a glare, but let it go. He didn’t protest, so it must be true.

“Well, when I come home tonight, and you’re curled up in Riley’s bed with him, I’ll know I’m right.”
His face flushed a bright red, which is when I knew he was going over to Riley’s house.

I tapped Nick’s shoulder and mouthed to him, “Have they had sex yet?”

Nick thought about it, then shook his head no.

I nodded, then rested my head on his shoulder, cuddling into him, closing my eyes.

Unbeknownst to me, I fell asleep on the way home, Nick having to wake me up when we got to my house. We crawled out of the car and right before the door shut, Ethan shouted, “Use protection!” Then drove off.

We just laughed, shaking our heads, going into my house. We couldn’t do anything, anyways, my mom’s home. I’m pretty sure she knows what Nick and I are doing, but I don’t want to push my luck. We walk up to my room and I can’t stop yawning.

“Do you want me to leave so you can sleep?” Nick asked me as we laid down on my bed facing each other, brushing our fingertips against each other’s faces, just staring into each other’s eyes.

I shook my head. “Stay with me until I fall asleep?”

He smiled and nodded, kissing me before cuddling closer to me. He starts playing with my hair; he knows that I find that relaxing, and before I knew it, I’m out cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
I don't like a certain word I used, but I guess it fit :/
Anywhos.
HUR TIS!
Love you alllll <333333