‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 34

“Are you fucking serious right now?”

Everyone’s head turned and when my eyes were on the twins, I scowled, glaring at them. I knew they would show up.

“What the hell do you want?” Ethan asked in a sour tone.

“We came by to pick up the last of our shit, and walked in on this.” Kaedyn said, scowling, then they both started for their room.
They’re coming right towards the cake, and I could see them reeking havoc on it, just to cause us misery.

“Oh no, you’re not walking past this cake.” I stood up, defending the cake.

“Oh yeah? And why not?” Keegan asked in a cocky tone.

“Because everything you touch is destroyed.” I spat, crossing my arms.

“What, like this?” They both asked, then, unexpectedly, pushed me into the cake. I heard the coffee table crack in half below me, and I felt something slice my arm. I looked around at my surroundings, the cake surrounding me and covering me, my arm throbbing from whatever gave me the cut. I zoned the rest of the room out while I concentrated on what just happened. All that work, all that preparation, gone. All because they want to make me miserable, make us miserable, for the stupid mistakes they made. It’s so unfair.

I felt arms wrap around me, and I invited them to do so, knowing they were Nick’s arms. I didn’t realize that I had tears falling down my face until I started sobbing in Nick’s arms. I felt another hand go around me, and at this point I didn’t care who comforted me. No amount of comfort is going to bring this back.

One more hand started rubbing my back, and I figured that Riley’s parents are the only ones that weren’t consoling me.

“You pushed my limit, Keegan. Now get out before I make you wish you would’ve.” I heard Ethan yell, which made me look up. I’d been so preoccupied that I didn’t even notice Ethan punch Keegan.

“Fuck you guys.” Keegan said, then attaching his mouth to Kaedyn’s, tongue and all. Right in front of their parents, too. I looked and saw how shocked and slightly horrified their parents seemed. They left, and I turned back to the mess they made of me.

“That cake took me three days to make.” I mumbled. “Three fucking days.”

“Ian, you’re bleeding!” Riley said, looking at my arm.

“Fuck that. I don’t care. The only thing I care about right now is kicking their asses.” I said, sniffling, wiping my cheeks. I tried not to break down again, but it didn’t work, resulting in Nick pulling me into him again.

“Hey.” I heard Ethan say quietly.

I looked up at him.

“Don’t worry about them. If anything I’ll take care of them.” He smiled a little bit when I smiled. “And besides, it’s not all that bad.” Ethan grabbed a huge chunk of cake off the floor, looking at it, then shoving it in Riley’s face.

There was a small collective gasp from everyone. Ethan smirked as Riley glared. “We can have fun with this.”

This is one of the things I love about Ethan. He can make any bad situation fun. We all knew it was fun when Riley accidentally hit his mom with cake that was supposed to be for Ethan.

The cake fight carried on. I got cake in my hair from Nick while I rubbed it in his face. I smirked and kissed Nick, getting the cake off his lips. We looked over to Ethan and Riley, who were having themselves a good time on the floor.

Nick and I got up and tapped Riley on the shoulder.

They parted from their lip lock and looked at us. “You should probably get a room.” I said, smiling at them.

They both blushed and complied, getting up and going into Riley’s room.

Nick threw his head back. “That means I have no place to sleep tonight.”

“What are you talking about? We have the couch all to ourselves.” I said, hugging him to me.

“It’s so small, though.” He said, running his fingertips over my back.

“All the more reason for us to cuddle all night.” I said, smiling, kissing his neck.

He laughed inwardly, bringing my lips to his. “You’re too perfect, you know that?”

My cheeks got warm as a goofy smile spread across my face. “I’m not perfect, Nick, and you know that. Nobody is.”

“Then you’re the biggest nobody I know.” He said quietly in my ear, biting it softly.

I squeezed him tighter to me. “I love you.” I said quietly.

“I love you, too.” Nick said.

“Where are some blankets? Or are we gonna have to go in there and get some?” I asked, slightly horrified of the second option, though it would be an interesting story to tell, for all of us.

“There’s some behind the couch, don’t worry.” Nick said, letting go of me and digging out the big blankets from behind the couch.

I looked around the room, seeing that no one cleaned up. “Nick, why don’t you go take a shower, I’m going to clean up in here.” I suggested.

“I’d much rather you join me.” Nick said, pouting.

“It’s a very tempting offer, but other people use that shower.” I said.

Nick sighed. “I guess you’re right.”

“I’ll make it up to you.” I said seductively, biting my lip and running my finger down his chest down to the waistline of his pants.

He smirked and attacked my lips with his own, his hand on my neck, his body pressed against mine.

Our lips slowly came apart and my lips turned into a smirk. “You should go shower. And hurry up.”

He kissed me quickly before leaving my arms. “I’ll see what I can do.”

He left me and I automatically started cleaning the furniture, floor, and walls. Thank god their floors are wood and their couches and chairs leather. I took warm water and a cloth to everything, surprised at how easily everything came off. I sprayed the room to make it smell good, skipping throughout the house, spraying the air freshener all around the house. I skipped in front of the bathroom door just as Nick same out, topless and only covered by a towel.

He looked at me with a confused expression. “Ian, what are you doing?”

“Making the house smell good.” I said sheepishly, smiling a little.

“While skipping. You were probably humming a happy little tune, too.” Nick said, laughing a little.

“No, no humming. Just skipping. And now I must skip into the shower. I’ll be out soon.” I said, handing him the can of air freshener, pulling his towel down a bit. He caught it, giving me a mischievous expression. I smirked and shook my head, closing the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
:DDDDDD
Almost caught up with In Fate's Hands!
And then new stuff!
-whichistillhavetothinkof._.-
<333333333333333333333333333