‹ Prequel: In Fate's Hands
Status: Completed :D/D:

What Are You Waiting For?

Chapter 6

I swear Nick was going to pee himself from being so scared. I saw him peaking every once in a while, but then jumped a few inches in the air.

I started rubbing his back, hoping he doesn’t feel awkward about this.

Though I’ve only known Nick for a short amount of time, I already wanted to get close to him and cuddle with him and hold him and say that he’s mine. He’s grown on me so much today it’s unreal.

When the movie was over, Nick was still clinging onto me for dear life, hiding his face in my neck.

“Where would your bathroom be?” Riley asked, getting off the couch, stretching his arms over his head.

He was so doing this on purpose. Nick didn’t notice anything because he was still tight up against me.

“Go down the hall and take a right and it’s at the end of the hall.” I said, pointing with my finger.

“Thanks.” He said, walking down the hall.

“I vow never to watch that movie again.” I heard Nick say as he looked at me with puppy eyes. I almost melted.

“I’m pretty sure we will just so I have an excuse for you to cuddle with me.” I said, automatically wishing I wouldn’t have.

At least until Nick’s face turned a bright shade of red and he hid it from my sight.

“Hey.” I whispered so he could only hear.

He looked up at me, an adorable smile on his face.

I placed a kiss on his nose, slightly letting my boundaries down. I’m finding it more and more difficult to hide what I was feeling. “Don’t be embarrassed.”

He giggled and got off my lap. “We should probably get going. Riley’s mom probably has no idea where we are.”

My mind automatically went negative. I probably did scare him off. I knew I was moving too fast with this whole thing. We should know each other for longer than a day before we start something. I mentally scolded myself for ruining one of the best things I could’ve had.

I shot up off the couch and hugged him tightly, preparing myself for I was about to tell Nick.

“I know this it going to sound totally weird, and I won’t be offended if you never talk to me again, since we’ve only known each other for a day and most people wouldn’t say this-”

“Just say it, Ian.” Nick cut off my nervous rambling, laughing cutely.

I thought about preparing myself, but the words came out sooner than my thoughts.

“I like you, Nick. A lot.” I said quickly, quietly, hiding my face from his gaze. I didn’t want to see whether it was good or bad.

“I knew something amazing was going to happen the moment I first saw you.” I heard him say, sweetness in his voice.

I looked up at him, smiling a big smile. “Really?”

He planted a kiss on my cheek, and I thought I was going to die.

“Really.” He said, keeping his hand on my cheek, his face close to mine, looking longingly into my eyes with his big green ones.

I wanted to press my lips to his, but I held myself back. I’m probably moving too fast.

“Ian.” I heard Nick’s voice call to me, bringing me back to reality.

I looked at him, showing that I was listening.

He had an uncertain, almost doubtful or bashful look on his face, like what he was going to say next would embarrass him.

He sighed, dropping his hand to my shoulder, squeezing it slightly. “I’m just gonna…no, no. I’m not. Um,” He paused, his cheeks darkening. “Could I, um, kiss…you?” He stuttered out.

I could’ve giggled at how nervous he was. I smiled at him and nodded.

He leaned his face closer to mine, and I met him halfway, our lips touching, feeling nothing short of amazing. Instead of his hand being on my cheek, my hand was on his, while his arm slipped around my waist and pulled me into him.
This moment couldn’t have been any more perfect.

Our lips pulled away from each other and permanent smiles replaced that marvelous kiss.

We turned around and saw Riley watching us, smiling.

“You guys are cute.” He said.

I blushed.

“Riley!” Nick whined. “Why were you watching?”

“I just walked in, don’t worry.” He said, laughing. “Well, we should probably be going soon. I didn’t call mom.”

Nick gave me an “I told you so” look and I just rolled my eyes, smiling, and hit him softly.

“Alright, if you must.” I sighed, sounding overdramatic.

“Thanks for having us, it was a fun time.” Riley said, hugging me. “Thank you Ian’s mom!”

“You’re welcome, dear! You’re welcome to stop over anytime!” We heard my mom call from the kitchen.

“Will do!” Nick yells back.

I open the door for them as they grab their backpacks and shoes, going outside to bid them one last farewell, more specifically Nick.

I hugged Riley again. “Thanks for stopping by, it’s so awesome, especially for the new kid.”

Riley laughed. “It’s no problem, you’re an awesome person. Now I’ll let you two say your own goodbyes and whatnot!” He said, running off the porch and walking down the sidewalk.

We both shyly looked at each other and blushed, semi-feeling that Riley was watching us.

We pulled each other into a tight, warm embrace.

“Should we give this whole thing a try?” I asked into his ear.

He nodded rapidly into my shoulder, which made me smile.
I lifted his head up and our lips met again.

“I’ll bring you something amazing tomorrow, okay? Have any preferences?” I asked, smiling.

“Chocolate chip muffins?” He asked shyly.

“I could do that.” I said, kissing him quickly again before resting my head on his shoulder. “I’ll see you in school tomorrow.”

Nick let go. “See ya.”

I watched them walk down the street and turn the corner before I went back in the house.

“Riley and Nick seem like really nice boys.” Mom said as I started grabbing the ingredients to make Nick’s muffins.

I smiled. “They are, they’re awesome.”

“Does someone have a little crush?” Mom asked like my crush was from back in first grade.

My cheeks flushed as I measured out the flour. “What makes you say that?”

“Oh please, Ian. Did you think I didn’t peak at you two out the window? Now which one was that, Riley?” She asked.

“Nooo, Nick.” I said quietly, embarrassed that my mom saw us out on the porch.

She just smiled and continued to work on our dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
D: I feel like my chapters are getting shorter.
I feel bad for cutting you guys short.
But don't worry.
Next chapter is going to be long :D

<333