Sweets

002

The day has finally come. Its Christmas morning and all Vince and Howard had on their minds was what happened 3 days earlier. Howard was the last to wake up, and as he made his way downstairs in his tweed pajamas, he shivered from the cold. Naboo and his familiar had gone on holiday with the shaman counsel, presumably getting as wasted as they possibly can. At times Howard wished he had friends other than that Jack of Clubs Lester Corncrake. Vince was undoubtedly his best friend, but all Howard could think about lately was how much he wanted Vince to be something more.

Up until 3 days ago, they had never addressed their feelings for one another in a serious manner, let alone act upon them as much as they did the other day. Howard had never felt so alive and, dare he say, aroused at the sight or touch of anyone else but Vince. The sweet kiss they shared was in the back of Howard's mind, and he knew he had to make his decision. He knew very well what he wanted, and it was to be free to love his best mate since childhood. The thought of holding Vince tightly his arms and caressing those beautiful full lips with his own drove Howard mad.

At long last Howard reached the bottom of the stairs to be greeted with the mixed aromas of pine, peppermint, and chocolate. He looked up and found his friend standing next the still-fresh green fir. Howard noticed that Vince was in nothing but a silk floral robe and pink fuzzy slippers. He looked ridiculous, yet beautiful all the same. He held a mug of hot cocoa in his hands, his lips pouted in an "O" shape as they hovered over the hot drink. He took a cautious sip and smiled, not realizing he was being carefully watched.

"Hiya Vince," Howard spoke nervously, trying not to let the tingles he felt reach his nether region. He gulped when Vince set the mug down and approached him, pulling him into a sweet smelling embrace. Howard awkwardly wrapped his arms around his friends skinny frame and patted him on the back. He wished to sweep him up into his arms but knew Vince would laugh at him. He'd never hear the end of it. There was a simple truth to Howard, and he wasn't going to let his inhibitions outweigh his prideful shtick, therefore he refrained from acting upon them.

"Happy Christmas, Howard!" Vince said, letting out a breath that caressed Howard's neck, causing him to shiver. The feeling of Vince's body pressed against his own sent a wave of pleasing tingles that went straight toward Howard's abdomen. Howard pulled away reluctantly, afraid that Vince would notice his apparent oncoming erection.

"Presents now?" Vince grinned like a child as he jumped up and down.

"Absolutely," Howard couldn't help but smile at Vince's cuteness.

"What did you get me?" Vince asked, now searching under the lit tree for his gift.

The previous night Howard had dared to kneel by the edge of Vince's bed while he was fast asleep. He must have been feeling courageous because he pushed a stray clump of hair away from Vince's beautiful face to plant a light kiss on his forehead. He had hoped Vince didn't notice because that would most likely be cause for him to make fun of him.

Howard ignored his sudden arousal and sat down cross-legged beside his friend on the floor. He tore the paper right off the first gift he saw eagerly. A smile was already present on his face and Howard admired his imperfect teeth. He desired to feel those teeth bite down upon his flesh just hard enough to make a small bruise. Yes, he wanted to let people see those bruises and know for certain that he belonged to Vince and no one else.

Howard snapped out of his musings to see that Vince already had the silk scarf he bought around his neck.

"I love it." Vince beamed and pecked Howard on his stubbly cheek. The man blushed at the electric shock he felt when Vince's lips touched his face. Howard looked out the window and caught a glimpse of his elegantly disheveled hair in the reflection of the glass. He couldn't imagine why Vince would be attracted to someone like him. With the horrible bags under his eyes, his dull hair, his boring brown eyes and his crows feet, he wasn't sure if anyone could ever love him.

"Um, Howard? Are you okay?" Vince caught his attention and his head snapped back to look at him. He avoided looking straight into his imploring eyes for fear that Vince could see right through him.

"Of course I'm okay," he lied.

"No you're not. I can tell. I've known you longer than anyone else and I know when you're lying to me. What's on your mind?"

Howard finally gave in and spilled his guts in one sentence.

"I love you, Vince."

"I know you love me. But do you really love me?" he chuckled.

"Yes," he admitted in all seriousness.

Vince looked at him, and with his eyes glossed over with emotion, he leaned forward and rested his forehead on Howard's, gazing deeply into his eyes.

Howard placed a hard, passionate kiss on Vince's mouth without hesitation. He felt Vince's heart flutter through his chest and he pulled him even closer while his tongue circled around Vince's, fighting for dominance. They pulled apart reluctantly after a minute in order to breathe. Finally, Vince spoke.

"I love you too, Howard. Always have, always will."
♠ ♠ ♠
Already working on the 3rd part