‹ Prequel: Bad Habit
Status: Active

Our Happily Ever After

Chapter 6

Katie's point of view.

“Babe,” I called out, kicking the door open with my foot.

Blake appeared by my side in seconds. “Yeah?”

“Hold this,” I said handing him the towel I was using to dry my hair. I had just gotten dressed, and now it was time to decide how to do my hair.

“Should I scrunch my hair, straighten it, or curl it?” I asked talking with my hands.

“Scrunch?” he asked tilting his head to the left.

“You really needed sisters.. Scrunching would make my hair look all gel-ly and curly,”

“Oh. Well, I don't know..” he said shifting his weight.

“You are no help. Give it,” I said grabbing the towel back.

“Sorry,” He said standing there awkwardly.

“So, excited about the dinner tonight?” I asked absent-minded, as I sprayed put the foam in my hands.

“I guess..” he said quietly. I ran my fingers through my hair.

“I need you to talk to me, hunny. I'm freaking out,” I said putting more of the crunching foam in my hands.

“Uh, you look nice,” He said, and I could tell he was honestly trying his hardest.

“Thanks,” I said rolling my eyes, and starting to scrunch my hair, “How much longer?”

“Uh, 20 minutes,”

“Greaat,” I said grabbing the blow-drying and trying to get it completely dry, and scrunching it with my left hand.

“What can I do to help, hunny?” Blake asked, with concern in his voice.

“Go get my shoes that are by the door,” I replied, quickly, trying to hurry.

“Got it,” He said walking out of the room, I flipped my head upside down, and blow-dried my hair that way. I flipped it back around, and was just about done, so I put up the blow-dryer and smoothed some parts in my hair that were frizzing. I brushed my bangs out, and as I reached for my make-up bag I saw Blake in the corner of the mirror, with a confused face, with ten pairs of shoes in his arms.

“Hunny?” I asked laughing.

“Which ones did you want?” he asked confused, staring at all of them.

“These” I said picking up my heels that barely counted as heels, but I couldn't wear real heels, or else I'd tower over Blake.

“Oh..” he said his cheeks turning a bit red. “There were like 50 pairs by the door..”

“You can go put those back,” I said smiling at him. He nodded and walked back to the door. I turned back around and started to put my make-up on. I was finishing up my eyeliner when I noticed him in the corner of the mirror, he looked amazed

“What?” I asked wiping away the extra eyeliner.

“Just watching” he said leaning against the door frame of the bathroom. I applied the eye shadow, then the mascara.

“Why do you open your mouth when you do that?” He asked

“Every girl does,” I responded, trying to do my left eye.

“Really now?” he asked, this was more of a challenge.

“Yes,” I said, picking up my nude colored lipstick. I looked in the mirror and shrugged, as I opened it, and took out my tooth brush.

“We have eight minutes till we have to be there,” Blake announced rather impatiently

“No worries, they'll be late,” I said, brushing my teeth quickly, I was going to grab the Listerine, when I felt hands on my waist, and then my feet left the ground

Blake!!” I screamed kicking my feet.

“We have to go, hunny,” he said, turning off the light to the bathroom, and grabbing my shoes

Put me down!!” I yelled, gripping his neck, I couldn't believe he could carry me on the shoulder like this.

“Nope,” he said, turning off all my lights and getting closer to my door

“My phone!”

“Its in my pocket,” he replied, walking out the door, locking it with one hand

“My keys are inside..” I said, as he shut the door

“We'll find a way in,” he said calmly, and making it down the hallway to the stairs

“Alright, alright, we're outside the door, you can put me down now,” I said impatiently, not wanting him to carry me down the stairs.

“Nope, no time to waste,” he said, but after the first flight of stairs to get to the second floor, he paused, and gripped my waist again, and put me at his hip, magically.

“How the hell...” I muttered quietly, I heard him chuckle. First step he took, I locked my legs around his waist. “I like this way better,” I whispered to him.

“Me too,” he said, walking down the stairs, and sure enough. We made it in one piece all the way to his car. And it took my mind off my Grandparents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello old friends.
Comments are lovely.
Leave some? :]