‹ Prequel: Made To Be

New Beginnings

Old habits

I never really noticed how much time had passed since Kita had spoken her mind. But according to Nika and Marcy it had been about six months. I was just getting out of bed one morning when I seen a tray over my lap. I looked around blurry eyed and seen Tora sitting on the edge of my bed.

“I’m sorry daddy.” Was all she said to me before giving me a hug and walking out of the room.

“Hold on, get back here.” I said looking at her closely. Sure enough, there was something different about her. She had two shiny studs in her ears and a few streaks of bright pink in her hair. “When did you do this?” I asked her.

“Two months ago. You said I could, remember?” she asked.

I shook my head. “No, I don’t remember. Did the girls help you pick out the color?”

“Yep, Nika did. I love her ideas.”

I just shook my head and laughed. They were getting to be a bad influence on my daughter, but I couldn’t deny that it looked good on her. It really suited her, even though she’s just about twelve. The other twins came in and smiled at me.

“So you finally noticed what we did to your daughter, huh?” Marcy asked me.

I laughed and nodded. “Yeah, I feel like I just woke up from a coma or something.”

“You basically were in a coma. You barely did anything for the last six months. But we’re all just glad you’re back to normal.” Nika said smiling. The three of them left the room so I could have my breakfast in peace.

I really hadn’t been myself since Demik…left. I had resorted to some old habits of mine. Which in a way would be why I didn’t remember much of the last six months. I had started drinking again, I started smoking, and I picked up my other very bad habit again. Cutting. I never let my kids or the twins see what I’ve been doing. They’d kill me if they found out.

I sighed and removed the tray from my lap so I could get up. I grabbed some clean clothes and headed to the bathroom to take a shower. And like I usually did, I opened the small window after I locked the door. I had a quick smoke, then stripped and got in the shower. And once again, like I usually did with the water running over me, I dragged the sharp blade across a piece of flesh on my leg. I wasn’t stupid enough to cut my wrists, it’s too obvious. So I went with the alternative.

I felt bad for doing what I did, but it was my way of dealing with the pain. After a good few cuts had been made, I let the water flow over my leg and wash the blood down the drain. Getting out of the shower and shutting the water off, I wrapped my leg in a bandage, dried off fully and got dressed. I was thinking of what to do today but nothing productive came to mind. I had a studio session coming up in a couple days but there was nothing to do until then. So, resorting to another old habit, I asked the twins to watch the kids after dinner and I left to go out to the bar.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh, so short, but the next one might make up for it, not too sure yet

commenters:
KennedyLiamLysander

comment = motivation = more updates