Status: Finished!

Bet You Didn't Expect It

The Party

"Alright, you look so cute! Now we just have to do finishing touches. Which means, make up and jewelry" Chloe squealed. I nodded. She did my make up, I put on some lip gloss, then put on the charm bracelet that Aunt Em gave me for my birthday. Just then, Aunt Em came in.

"Oh sweetheart, you look gorgeous! Let's go then!" Aunt Em jumped up and down. Chloe and I laughed. I had absolutely no clue where we were going, but so far, just dressing up with Chloe and Aunt Em was turning out to be the best birthday I've ever had. I looked at the daisies that John had sent to the door this morning before leaving. I got into the front of Aunt Em's car, and Chloe in the back. Chloe handed a blindfold to me.

"Put it on" she told me with a grin. I looked at Aunt Em, who nodded. I sighed, and tied it around my head to cover my eyes. "How many fingers am I holding up?" Chloe's familiar voice asked.

"Uh. 4?" I guessed.

"Perfect. Off we go!" Aunt Em chimed, and started to drive. I could hear Aunt Em and Chloe just talking about how much fun everything was going to be. I felt out of the loop, but I knew in a couple minutes, I would get to see what all this commotion was about.

Soon, I could hear the door open, and someone pulled me out. "You ready for this Anny?" Parker's voice chuckled. I rolled my eyes under the blindfold as if someone could see me, but I just nodded. Parker led me inside, and I heard a door creek open. "Alright, take the blindfold off"

I untied the knot on my blindfold, and suddenly, I saw tons of familiar faces dressed in formal wear, just like us, shouting 'Happy Birthday Anny!' and a banner above, saying the exact same message. I immediately turned around to hug Parker, Will and Chloe. I loved everything, but there was one person that wasn't there.

As if on cue, the lights started to go off on the stage behind us. I looked behind me and smiled as The Maine showed on stage. "This song is for the birthday girl" John said into the mic and smiled, the crowd cheered.

I picked you up and lifted your wilted frame into the sun.
I was taken back, yeah i was taken back,
And by the time i caught my breath,
You had blossomed into something that i did not expect.

And if it takes all night,
I swear i'll wait,
For you,
Forever.

Sunlight, sunshine,
All for you my daisy.
We're getting this before you leave,
All for you my daisy.

You're a wreck and you know,
You've got me wrapped around your finger,
Like a boy tangled in vines,
But I've figured you out.

And now we're here,
We're so confused,
And i wish that there was some way that i could tell you.

And if it takes all night,
I swear I'll wait,
For you,
Forever.

Sunlight, sunshine,
All for you my daisy.
We're getting this before you leave,
All for you my daisy.

[x3]
All for, all for, all for you my daisy

Sunlight, sunshine,
All for you my daisy.
We're getting this before you leave,
All for you my daisy


He winked at me, and came down from the stage. He pulled me away from the crowd, getting smiles and stares from everyone at the party. John just grinning. He pulled me to the side.

"I have another gift for you" he informed me. I smiled still holding on to his hands.

"John, you really didn't have to do anymore. Especially everything you did for me yesterday" I told him.

"I just really wanted to give you this though" he told me, and pulled a velvet box out of his jacket. I gasped. Was he proposing. Oh my god, I don't think I'm ready for marriage so young...

"Don't worry, it's not an engagement ring" he chuckled looking at my face expression. "It's a promise ring. You know what that is, right?" I gulped and nodded still in shock. "Well, since you are in so much shock, I'm gonna tell you what it means again. It means that when I get big, and go on tour, I will always be faithful, it means I will always love you, and it means someday, hopefully, you will be Mrs. John O'Callaghan. So, Breanne Bailey O'Connor, will you except this promise ring?"

All I did was nod and tears came dripping out of my eyes, tears of joy. He slipped the ring on my finger and grinned, he picked me up and spun me around.

"Now come on, enough of this sappy stuff" he said wiping the tears from my eyes. "Let's party!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading, this is the last chapter!
There will be a sequel, but it won't be up right away, I'm trying to focus on some other stories for now. Go check them out. : )
Here's the girls outfits!
Thank you to all readers, subscribers and commenters!
-Kennedy!