Clairvoyant Disease

3.0

By the time Jane was done the day it was 10 p.m. and she was grateful for that. There were no last minute emergency calls no one walking in, she could go home and take a long bath to relax. Just as she closed the office, her phone rang.

“Hello?” she didn’t check the caller ID.

“Hey,” her best friend Cory’s voice made her smile.

“What’s up?” Jane asked as she pressed the button for the elevator.

“Let’s go for drinks,” Cory said sounding very excited.

“I just got off work,” Jane was starting to make excuses.

“Oh come on, you need a drink to relax, just go home take a shower, get changed and get a cab and come down, pretty please...Yeah...I’ll tell her...D says she’s going to kick your ass if you don’t,” Cory said between having two conversations.

“Alright where are you guys?” Jane gave in, she hadn’t been out with the girls in a while.

“I’ll text you the details, you’re going to love this place,” Cory rarely sounded excited about new places.

“Ok see you there,” Jane said hanging up and getting out of the elevator. She got to her car, and drove home. After a 45 minute shower she felt better. When she finished getting ready it was about 11:20, there were about 4 text messages from Cory and D asking if she died. She texted them back as she waited for the cab to show up.

After giving the cab driver the address she settled into the back seat. She watched the snow slowly fall to the ground. That’s one thing she loved about New York, the winter nights. It didn’t take long for the cab to get there; she gave the driver the money and got out of the cab, fixing her skirt, trying not to step in the mush puddle next to the curb.

She looked up and groaned, it was a karaoke bar, now she knew why Cory thought she was going to love the place. She showed her ID to the door man and walked in, as soon as she spotted her friends they spotted her. “JANEEEE!!!!” D was screaming off the top of her lungs. Right away Jane knew she had quite a bit to drink.

“Hey guys,” Jane got to the table, and took her coat off. She had on a leather mini skirt and a Vengence University cut up Jeff Hardy style showing her whole back. Black tights and high heels, her hair was down and wild. Her make up minimal but made an impact.

“Damn, you look good,” Paula hugged her.

“Thank you so do you, I love the green dress,” Jane looked her friend up and down with a laugh in her throat.

“I just bought it, thought I should show it off,” Paula sat down.

They all sat down in fact, “You’re going to hate me,” Cory whispered into Jane’s ear.

“What did you do?” Jane asked.

“Nothing,” Cory said taking a sip out of her beer, looking as innocent as possible. Before Jane could press her any longer the waitress came to them. And took Jane’s order of a Vodka and Redbull, and the girls ordered another round.

Cory was drinking Beer, D was drinking Rum and Coke, and Paula was drinking Cherry Whiskey and coke, they were all as different as their drinks. The Dj’s voice cut through Jane’s thoughts. “Alright everyone so we have a karaoke veteran here, where’s Jane?”

“Here, she’s right here!!!” The girls said in unison.

“Come on up Jane,” the DJ had a big smile on his face, everyone’s attention was on Jane so she stood up, there was nothing else she could do.

Jane went up and stood in front of the crowd, glad she couldn’t see anyone in particular because the spot light was on her. “What am I singing?” she asked the DJ.

“I’m not allowed to say,” he smiled at her and pointed to her friends clapping and cheering for Jane. She looked at the screen and Miley Cirus came on Party in the USA.

“Are you kidding me?” Jane asked the DJ giving him a death look.

“Alright alright, I’m guessing that’s a no,” The DJ started typing away.

“It’s a hell no,” Jane said, while the crowd was starting to get restless, “Hang on guys, they thought it was going to be funny to make me sing Miley Cyrus, not gonna happen.”

The crowd started laughing. “What do you want to sing?” The DJ asked.

“You Shook Me All Nigh Long,” Jane said as she grabbed the mike of the stand and placed the stand away.

“Alright, sounds good,” The DJ synched it up.

Jane rocked that song, like she’d never done before. The crowd was singing with her the whole time. She made her way off the stage getting “Good Jobs” from everyone.

“I’m gonna kill you,” Jane said as she sat down with a big smile on her face.

“Why?” Paula asked.

“It was just a joke,” Cory said laughing, remembering the look on Jane’s face when she saw the song on the screen.

Jane downed her drink, and stood up. “ Anyone want anything?”

“No we’re good for now,” D looked up at the stage as she spoke, her eyes glued on the DJ. There was something unspoken going on. Jane just laughed. She made it to the bar through the crowd of people that seemed to not have been there before she got on stage. There was big commotion on one side of the bar.

There were only squeals of girls coming from there, then a big booming laugh that traveled through the bar. “What can I get you?” The bartender asked.

“Can I get a Sex on the Beach,” Jane asked and he raised an eye brow at her, and she smiled back.

She turned towards the commotion and saw someone walk out of the crowd and find the only empty spot at the bar, right next to Jane. “Can you help me?” the man asked she recognized him right away but he didn’t recognize here.

“And what can I help you with?” Jane said trying to contain her laughter.

“Pretend like whatever I’m saying is very interesting to you, and just give those girls a dirty look, so they’ll back off,” Matt said looking past Jane.

“What do I get in return?” Jane asked, trying to read the look of surprise on his face.

“How about I buy you a drink,” Matt said as the bartender slid the drink in front of Jane. When she turned to ask how much, he shook his head, it was free of charge.

“Thanks, but that seems to be taken care of,” Jane said moving to stand up.

“Ok, anything you want,” Matt grabbed her arm, it wasn’t violent but pleading.

“A song,” Jane said looking at the stage and getting an idea. The look on his face was pure horror, “Come on it’s a karaoke bar, did you really think you could get away without singing?” She leaned against the stool next to Matt’s.

“Alright,” Matt agreed. Jane stood up and went to where the girls were, talking to Jimmy, and Brian. Johnny and Zacky weren’t around.

“Jimmy!!!” Jane said her voice raised above what was needed.

“Yeah?” Jimmy asked, then when he looked at her a bit closer he saw her wink and recognized her.

“I told you to fucking watch Matt and keep skanks off him, now I get that Brian might like them, but I want my man, to be skank free when I’m not around, got it?” Jane ranted.

“Got it, I’m sorry baby,” Jimmy said raising his arms in defence.

“Who the hell do you think you’re talking about?” One of the girls stood up to Jane.

“Um...you,” Jane said very calm like.

“Bitch say that to my face,” another girl stood up.

“I am saying it to your face, or is your pea sized brain too small to comprehend what I’m saying?” After I asked the question I felt stronger, I didn’t even have to look around to know that my girls had caught on to the trouble.

“Something going on here?” Cory asked, very calm.

“She called us a skank,” one of the girls spoke up.

“Your point?” Paula asked getting ready to knock a bitch out.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” the first girl said.

“Can I knock a bitch out?” Paula asked D. Knowing that no one would do anything unless Jane or D moved first.

“They’re not worth it,” D spoke in the voice of wisdom she always had.

“She’s right, now scram,” Cory said baring her teeth a little. The girls looked at the guys but they didn’t say anything so they left.

“What the hell is your problem?” Brian finally said something.

“I came to help,” Jane said very innocent like.

“Who asked for help?” Brian was irritated.

“I did,” Matt came up to the girls.

“Well, I was going to get laid,” Brian pouted.

“And get an STI too, or herpes,” Cory said.

“Cause that shit’s everywhere,” D said laughing.

“Come on let’s go sit back down,” Paula said upset she didn’t get to knock anybody out. They all turned to move away.

“Jane,” Jimmy said making Jane turn around.

“Yeah?” Jane asked.

“You look really good,” Jimmy smiled at her.

“Thanks,” she smiled back and turned around.

“Nice tattoo,” Brian yelled with a laugh in his voice.

“Shut up,” Matt shushed him.

“What?” Brian asked, trying to defend himself.

“You’re an ass hole,” Jimmy said.

“Not like you knew the chick anyway,” Brian took a swing of his beer.

“That was Jane,” Jimmy said waiting for the guy’s reaction. Matt got it but Brian was oblivious. “The Masseuse.” Brian’s eye narrowed and he seemed to get angrier, she managed to put him down two nights in a row and cock block him. He hated her, and hate was a strong word.
♠ ♠ ♠
I updated because... I could and I love you guys.
<3