Australia

Chapter Eleven

Nick’s POV

“So, what are your plans for your day off?” Dads voice asked behind me.

The three of us simultaneously shrugged.

“You’re in a country you’ve never been to before, and you have no plans?” Dad huffed.

“Speak for yourself dad,” Joe remarked smugly. “I’ve been to Australia before."

“And what sight seeing did you do, Joe?” I cut him off; he went silent.

“Well,” Sam started quietly. We all, including dad looked at her.

“Well?” Kevin questioned.

“I was going to suggest that I take you sight seeing through Sydney,” she offered, not looking at any of us. “I mean, I have lived in Sydney my whole life. I know it quite well.”

We turned to look at dad’s reaction to the suggestion. He seemed pretty pleased.

“Okay, Sam,” he said. “You can take Kevin, Joe and Nick sight seeing,” he smiled at her, making her blush.

“Okay,” Sam agreed, looking up. “But I have one condition.”

“What’s that?” Joe asked turning to look at her.

“We take my car,” Sam told us. “I’m kind of tired of driving around in that tacky limo.”'

We all once again looked at dad who shrugged.

“I don’t see anything wrong with that,” dad smiled again turning back to talk to Mum and Frankie.

“Okay,” I stood up. “It’s settled; sight seeing with Sam. Let’s go!”

The others stood up too, following suit. Grabbing our phones and room keys from the table we walked out to the limo and clambered in; driving to Sam’s house.

When we arrived, it felt weird to watch the limo drive away without in it.

“So Sam,” Joe said, linking his arm through Sams. “What sort of car do you have?”

“It’s a bit of a bomb, but I love it. It runs, has a pretty epic stereo system and has four seats,” she grinned proudly. “You’ll see.”

Sam led us down her drive way to the car port that was nestled beside her house. She let go of Joe and told us to wait. There was a car covered in a tarp. Joe, Kevin and myself exchanged glances. She bent down and pulled back the tarp dramatically.

“Ta Da!” she exclaimed.

Underneath the tarp was a jeep; a big jeep. It obviously had been resprayed because the white paint looked new and glossy. We walked towards the jeep and peered inside. The seats were leather; dark brown leather. We could see the speakers of the stereo, and the six stacker cd player that was situated in the dashboard.

“Whatdoyouthink?” she said quickly; clearly she was nervous because we hadn’t said anything.

“This is aweswome!” Kevin exclaimed, high fiving her.

“This is pretty cool,” Joe told her, pulling her into a one armed hug. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Yeah,” I agreed. “Question though; how is this a bomb?”

“I just like calling it that,” she shrugged. “I love the surprised look on peoples faces.”

“What do the green “P’s” mean?” Kevin asked form the back of the car.

“Its part of our license scheme here in Australia,” she explained. “It goes “L’s” which is like a learners permit. You can only drive with a parent or guardian. Then, red “P’s” which is a restricted license; you can only have one passenger after 11pm. Then its green “P’s”, which I only got about a month ago. You’re lucky. After two years on this, I’ll graduate to a complete unrestricted license,” she smiled proudly.

Joe looked at me confused. I shrugged.

“It sounds complicated,” Kevin admitted.

“It is to begin with,” she smiled. “But, you get used to it. Anyway, are we going to get going? Or are we going to stand here and gape at my car?”

“I call shot gun!” Joe exclaimed, jumping over the front door into the passenger seat. “It feels weird on this side.” He laughed at himself.

Sam opened the drivers door and pulled the seat forward, letting me and Kevin climb into the back. I smacked Joe lightly on the back of the head, before sitting down and pulling my seat belt on.

“What was that for?” he asked me, annoyed.

“For calling shot gun,” I told him, grinning innocently.

Sam started the jeep and sped backwards down her drive way. Her mum was walking down the front steps of her house.

“Bye mum! I’m taking the guys sight seeing! I’ll be home later! Maybe!” She pulled out onto the street and sounded the horn loudly, waving her arm over her head.

“This is going to be interesting,” Kevin leaned over and said to me over the music that was now pumping through the speakers. He was clutching the side of the car.

“You can say that again” I told him, grabbing the head rest behind Joe. He was grinning from ear to ear.

“Yeehah!” he yelled. Oh dear God.