Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Eli

The feel of Shaun's hands capturing her wrists was terrifying on one hand and exhilarating on the other hand. There were memories. Some memories were pleasant or even erotic. Others were enough to make her want to hide under the bed like a little child. She had to resist the urge to pull away from him knowing it wouldn't do anything. Instead she waited until he let her go and continued glaring at him instead. He deserved it after all.

She hadn't wanted to have this conversation in front of her baby but it didn't seem as if she was going to have much choice in the matter. Another thing that infuriated her about Shaun. He didn't give people choices. It made him one helluva king though she couldn't deny. She just didn't have to admit that fact out loud either. Instead, she stood up tall and proud, looking him in the eye as best as she could. That was a hard feat seeing as how he was well over six feet tall in height. She managed it though just like she had always had. There was more reason than one why she had become Shaun's favorite whore. And that really was all she could have ever called herself. Or maybe she could have gone one up and called herself a concubine. After all, Shaun hadn't ever let anyone touch her...well. There had been the time, but she didn't believe Shaun would have done that. He was too possessive.

"What? You don't know?" she asked a little sarcastically. She would have expected Shaun to have known every move she had made the last two years. Most because he had hunted her down in that way. The fact that he was asking, meant he probably didn't know and that was something new and revolutionary to her. "I went south first," she admitted. "Then I just...drifted. I came back because I knew this place was safe. For anyone...." she brushed a strand of her dark red hair behind her ear and refused to look Shaun in the eye for a while. She looked, instead, back towards Jason who lay on his bed, his eyes opened in little slits as he was caught between sleep and awake.

"And you...what gives you the right to bring us here and to hold us captive? You may be a king, but that doesn't mean you get everything you want. I'm not going to be your whore again. Someone you can use when you want and then give away when you're done," she hissed the words so softly that only Shaun would hear her. She jabbed at his chest, her eyes narrowed and dark with her anger. Now was Shaun's time of reckoning. It would be his choice of what to say, what to do and God help her if she was wrong about him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
And the excitement builds! I hope y'all are enjoying the story!