Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Xander

Xander sat in his bed just letting his little fledgling and Queen sleep. She was like an angel in her sleep. He had to keep her away from the darkness and violence of the world. Xander gently ran his hand through her thin blonde hair and gently kissed her forehead before easing himself off the bed. He had a few things to do before his little Elizabeth woke up. Today was another day for Elizabeth to come to court with him. That meant something very important. It also meant that He had to figure out some very important plans for security with Senga. She wasn’t going to be happy that she had to leave her lover’s bed, but she would do as she was ordered. That was why she was in the position she was in. Senga was a formidable woman and he was glad that she was on his side. He would be loathe to have a woman like her as an enemy while she was a woman that he didn’t doubt Shaun would gladly take to his bed if she would have let him.

Xander closed the door gently behind him and strode down the hall to his private office. “Senga, come,” he ordered watching her from her position outside the door. From the look of her, she hadn’t slept much that night. She had probably spent the whole time with Ajax. He was just glad that he hadn’t had to endure hearing them through the night. He might have killed something then. He had been celibate too long. He was going to have to introduce something very special to their relationship. He had no doubt that his little Elizabeth would be curious about the act of mating soon and he would be glad to introduce her. After all, she wasn’t going to leave him so he would never have to harm her. It all worked out well. Senga closed the door behind her and Xander took his seat behind his desk ready at any moment. “Report,” he spoke curtly.

Senga stood alert and at attention. “Aloysius hasn’t made contact, but all the others have. All agree, we have enemies moving in from the North, South, and West. It is good that Shaun’s child and the woman were brought in when they were. Dissent is rising the Outlands. People are claiming that you and King Shaun are…many things which can be best discussed when King Shaun is present. Sire…things are accelerating at a heightened rate. It maybe be time to call in for the others.”

Xander’s eyes narrowed dangerously. Senga knew what the answer would be without him having to speak. She bowed and turned on her heel and left. “Damn,” he muttered standing up and pacing. This wasn’t the world he had promised he would give Elizabeth which meant he had a lot of work before him. He sighed and stood up straight. It was time then to do what he could. Xander stalked back to his room and slipped insider silently. He stood against the wall watching Elizabeth sleep. It was time that she was brought in on the council meetings. Whether Shaun wanted to agree with it or not, he wasn’t going to be given a choice.

The Scottish Highlander sighed and racked a hand through his dark hair before walking over to the bed. His feet slid over the floor more as if gliding across the air rather than the ground. “Elizabeth,” he whispered gently putting a hand on her shoulder. “Lizzielass, wake up. It’s time fer the Council Meeting and I want ye tae come this time.”