Whispering.

The setting is summer 1916, the Western Front of the Great War.

Thomas (Tom) Trumper, 19, has been fighting for the Germans since the first days of the war two years before. He's worn-out and traumatized by all that he has seen and has lived in disease-ridden trenches. He has enough expertise and worldy experience to last him the rest of his life. He thought war would be wonderful; glory and adventure and romance, but it is far from it. He's already been wounded and yearns to go home until a friend from his past steps into the picture.

William (Bill) Kaulitz, 18, has just joined the war for the French cause against his parents' will. Being originally German and fitting in with the rest, he spies for France. He is young and ready to fight and his spirits are much higher than should be expected.

Tom and Bill meet each other once more after nearly a decade apart. A strange attraction springs between the two though they are on opposing sides.

Is love plausible in a time of conflict, especially between oppositions?

This will be a love story, not a war story, but it is set in World War One and will contain as many aspects of the Great War as possible. I'm not aiming for historical accuracy.