‹ Prequel: Random Thoughts
Sequel: Adjustments

Obsticles

Soon Everybody Will Ask...

He stormed up to Grissom, he didn’t are what he thought or what he said, Greg was going to see Emily.

“Grissom,” Greg said, catching up to Grissom.

Grissom stopped and turned to Greg “Yes, Greg?”

Greg opened his mouth to speak, but Grissom’s phone rang in his pocket, he pulled it out and answered it.

“Grissom.” He said, answering his phone.

A young girl was sobbing on the other end “Hello…Emily, are you okay?” he asked.

“Mr. Grissom, oh my god--!” Riley sobbed.

Grissom’s eyes widened “Riley? What’s wrong?”

Greg cocked an eye brow; Grissom motioned for Greg to follow him.

“Oh, Mr. Grissom—she called me, screaming for help…‘Aaron...help, it’s Aaron!’ she yelled.” Riley continued to sob.

Grissom stopped in his tracks “Did you call the police?” he asked.

Riley sobbed “YES! But she instructed me to call you.” She told him.

“Riley,” Grissom said, thinking for a moment “Where are you?” he asked, walking into his office with Greg in toe.

Riley took in a deep breathe “I’m in the dorm, I thought Aaron was still in here, but he’s not.” She said.

Grissom sighed “…did you touch anything?” he asked.

“No,” she said, sobbing harder.

Grissom sighed “Alright, Riley, I’m coming…okay? But you need to get out of the dorm. Wait out front of the dorm for the police, alright?” he instructed.

Riley took in a deep breathe “Okay.”

“I’ll be there in a couple of hours.” Grissom reassured her, before hanging up his cell phone and feeling his legs almost collapse under him.

Greg looked at Grissom “…Grissom?” he asked in a worried tone.

Grissom covered his mouth for a moment as he thought, he put his cell phone on his desk as he took in a deep breathe.

“It’s Emily, I have to go to Yale.” Grissom told Greg.

Greg took in a deep breathe “I’m going too…” he stated.

Grissom looked at Greg “No, you’re not.” He said in a defensive tone. Grissom walked out of his office and towards the back where Nick and Catherine were examining a video for evidence.

Greg followed quickly as he watched Grissom.

“Catherine,” Grissom said, motioning her to leave the room.

Catherine crossed her arms, she knew something was up “What’s going on, Gil?” she asked.

Grissom couldn’t keep it together “I have to go to Connecticut…”

Catherine gaped at Grissom “Is Emily okay?” she asked.

“No…Aaron Johnson has got my daughter!” he said, loud enough for the whole lab to hear.

Nick turned in shock and Greg, who still stood behind Grissom, thought he was going to be sick.

Catherine took in a deep breathe “Don’t worry about anything, just leave. I’ve got this covered, I’ll take care of Ecklie.” She said.

Grissom nodded as he turned to leave, Greg still following behind him “I’m going too!” he still was fighting Grissom for everything it was worth.

“NO.” Grissom said, turning to Greg “You can’t go because this is MY daughter! And I have to go find her!” he yelled.

Greg was losing his top “But she’s MY girlfriend! The mother of MY unborn child and I’m not going to let you push me out of her life!” he yelled, defending himself as everyone continued to stare at them.

Grissom had given up, he turned away and began to walk to his office to collect his things before going home to pack.

_______________________________________________________________

Grissom had received the phone call from the New Haven Police, they didn’t have much information about the abduction. Grissom had to resist the urge to become a CSI on his own daughter’s disappearance.

They got off the plane, Riley and a few other girls were waiting for Greg and Grissom. Their worried faces made Grissom and Greg even more anxious as they made it up to the girls.

Riley smiled “Mr. Grissom,” she managed to get out as she hugged him tightly.

Grissom held her close “It’s okay, have you called your parents?” he asked, letting go of Riley.

Riley nodded her head “Yeah, they’re willing to fund a ransom if that’s what Aaron wants.” She said, then turning to Greg.

“And you must be Greg.” She said, almost happy to finally meet the ‘better half’ of Emily, the source of all the stories she heard about.

Greg smiled “Hi,” he managed to get out.

The other girls cleared their throats, Riley sighed “Right, these are Emily’s friends; Megan, Sam, Kristen, and Zoe.” She said.

Grissom nodded “So, what do you guys know so far about everything?” he asked.

Riley smiled “She was abducted a little after midnight, subdued by a heavy dose of carbon dioxide from a cotton rage that was left at the scene. Though, Emily didn’t give up without a fight.” she said.

Zoe cleared her throat “There were blood droplets on the carpet and walls which suggest that either Aaron hit Emily or visa versa. The rag was left at the scene.” She said.

Grissom and Greg nodded, Grissom looked at the girls “I didn’t know there was a Criminal Justice program at Yale.” He said.

“We’re not.” They all said in Unison.

Riley sighed “I’m a double major: Chemistry and Physics. Zoe is Investigative Medicine, Kristen is Law, Megan is Public Health, and Sam is Pathology.” She said, smiling as sweetly as she could “We just watch a lot of detective shows.” She insisted.

Greg smiled “Well then who’s doing the investigation?” he asked.

“New Haven detectives…they could probably use a little help, probably not you two since it’s personal.” Megan said, crossing her arms.

Grissom nodded “Well, maybe we can figure it out, lets go guys.” He said, walking with the girls.

Riley walked with Greg “I bet you’re probably kicking yourself right now, huh?” she asked him.

Greg nodded “Yeah. I was going to visit her, but I never thought I would be here under these circumstances.” He said.

“Nobody did.” Riley said, following everybody out into the open air “But, hey, you being here shows how much love you have for her.” She said, nodding at Greg.