Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Right Now

I was stunned. Naomi and Jimmy had barely known each other for a few weeks. How did they know they weren't going to hate each other? I smiled, but inside I wanted to smack Jimmy for asking her, and I wanted to smack Naomi for saying yes!

She was so happy, though. I saw it in her eyes. Maybe this kind of love didn't take long at all.

"We need to celebrate!" said Naomi, hopping up and down and clapping her hands together like she was seven.

"Well, you guys should," said Johnny, coming up and putting his arm around my waist. "I think the rest of us will stay here. You guys deserve a little evening on the town."

"Oh no," Naomi said. "You guys are coming too. Especially you." She poked my belly button, and I squeaked.

"Hey, come on now," laughed Johnny. "If she's going, then I'm going. And if I'm going Brian's going. And if Brian's going- see the connection here? It's a snowball effect, you sneaky little devil."

"Um, duh," replied Naomi. She rolled her eyes. She took my hand and said, "Let's go tell the boys."

With that, she pulled me all the way into the house. I looked back at Johnny. He was laughing and shaking his head. I blew him a kiss, and he followed us.

Jimmy was receiving many congratulations from Matt and Zacky. Brian was sitting on the couch, manically laughing and shaking his head like Jimmy had just told the funniest joke. I went up and hugged Jimmy. If he wanted to marry my friend, he was more than welcome, but he'd better not break her heart.

"Congrats, Sully," I said, and I kissed his cheek.

He wrapped me up in his arms and gave me a huge bear hug. I coughed a bit, struggling to breathe, and he finally let me drop. I grabbed the arm of the couch, so as not to fall over. He had the biggest grin on his face, and instantly I knew he truly did love her.

"You're serious?" said Brian, struggling not to look too amused.

"We're dead serial, B," said Jimmy.

Brian stood and held out his hand to Jimmy, who shook it gladly. "Then congratulations, dude."

They man-hugged, making me and Naomi explode into a fit of giggles.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I stood, angrily looking past the punching bag at Matt. Matt stood against the wall, watching me with anticipation. I didn't move, and eventually he began to circle around me.

"Liss, you have to learn," he said. "You want to defend yourself, you need to do it."

"I can't," I said.

"Bullshit, just hit me," he snapped.

"I'm not going to hit you."

"Do it."

"I can't!"

"You wanna be prepared when your father gets here?"

I nodded.

"Then just fucking hit me!"

I gritted my teeth together. My anger was increasing the more he circled around me.

"Come on, Lissa. I'm not even coming at you. All your anger- just take it out, right here, right now. You aren't going to get this opportunity very often."

I shook my head.

"Then go ahead. Let Daddy get you. Let him control your life until he dies. Let him be there in your every thought until his bones turn to dust, and you're finally free."

"Shut up," I said.

"But until then, you're as worthless as a three-legged rat on the streets of New York."

"Stop," I squeaked. My anger was growing everytime he opened his mouth.

"No- I won't stop because he will never stop. Now fucking hit me before I give you a reason to hit me."

I just glared at him, my breathing growing heavier and heavier.

"Come on, bitch! Just hit me!"

That was what did it. I lunged at him, fists and rage flying as fast as a fighter jet. It must have gone on for at least five minutes before I dropped my hands and looked at him with remorse.

"I- I'm sorry," I cried, shrinking into the corner of the room.

Matt rubbed his jaw and sat down next to me. "It's good. You're getting better."

He kissed my forehead, and I rested my head on his shoulder, crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, anger! That one's gonna leave a mark, Matt.

Comment!

Purdy please!