Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

If You Only Knew

I looked around at the scenery. Naomi's mom had put together a beautiful wedding for her daughter. And this was just the rehearsal dinner. All her bitching must have been worth it, because Naomi was beaming. She stood in the center of it all, looking around like it was unreal. I knew she'd be even happier tomorrow- it was an outside ceremony there. I put my arm around Naomi's shoulder and sighed.

"I knew it would be you first," I said.

"You did tell me," Naomi agreed. "I just can't believe it's happening. And to Jimmy Sullivan of all people. It seems like a dream."

I rested my head on her shoulder and said, "You guys know where you're going for your honeymoon?"

"Haven't decided," Naomi replied. "I kinda wanna go to Mexico, but Jimmy wants to go north. I don't really care, I guess, but it's gonna be cold up north."

"Who says your honeymoon has to be right away? I've heard the cruises in Alaska are beautiful in the summer."

Naomi smiled. "We could do both, then. Mexico now and Alaska later."

"See? Compromise." I heard a couple voices, so we turned around.

Jimmy, Johnny, and Brian all wandered into the room talking, but they stopped when theysaw us. I smiled at Johnny, and he smiled back. Jimmy came up to Naomi and held her in a long kiss, much to the displeasure of Brian. Instead of saying anything, he turned around and picked up a beer from the table behind him. I gave Jimmy a pat on the back and joined Johnny.

"Shall we take a walk?" he asked.

"Of course," I replied. I linked arms with him, and we left the church.

Outside, it was sunny and warm. I took a deep breath of the fresh air, and Johnny squeezed my arm gently. I looked up at him, and he smiled.

"Our best friends are getting married," he said. "Seems like too soon of a thing to say, but it's true."

"I'm glad they found each other," I said. "I'm more glad I made Naomi come out here. Otherwise none of this would have happened."

"Very true," Johnny agreed.

There was a bit of an awkward pause before I said, "How's it gonna work with only one bridesmaid and four best men?"

"I don't know," Johnny said. "I suppose we'll all just walk with you down the aisle." He chuckled a bit, and I did too.

"That might not be too bad," I said.

I closed my eyes, trying to collect my thoughts. I had to tell him. Why couldn't I just muster up the courage to tell him? I put my hand on my stomach and looked at him. My hand dropped, and I dug my foot into the dirt. He didn't seem to notice my gesture, but he did notice my discomfort.

"You sure you're okay?" he asked.

I didn't have time to answer because a second later, Jacoby and Jerry pulled up. Jacoby leapt from the car and ran to hug us. He crushed us in his arms until eventually Jerry came over and pryed him away from us. I thanked him for it, and I gave him a hug as well. I noticed Tobin and Tony were missing, and I looked for another car, but there was none.

"Where are the other two?" I asked.

"They went to the store to pick up a couple gifts for Jimbo and Naomi," Jacoby replied. "I told them not to get anything too...awkward. They'll be along later."

I nodded and said, "Naomi is inside, if you were wondering."

Jerry and Jacoby each patted Johnny on the back before going inside. I sat down on the step, and Johnny did the same. We sat there for a long time, holding hands and not saying anything. I knew he knew there was something wrong, but he had no idea. Not that me carrying a child was wrong, per se, but it was unexpected. I rested my head on his shoulder, and he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you, Lissa," he said.

"I love you, too, Johnny," I replied.

After that, we said nothing. Just sat there until Matt came out and got us for the rehearsal dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll be updating this until it's done, so stay tuned.

Keep those comments coming!