Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Here With You

I watched Naomi pace back and forth in front of the door. Her brow furrowed in concentration, and I sighed. The clock read two thirty, only a half an hour until the wedding. I knew Naomi was getting anxious with her mother, and she had good reason to. Her mother had left everything- dress, veil, rings, etc.- at home. Naomi's silken robe trailed behind her as she paced.

I smiled at her. Her long, golden hair was in a curly updo with ringlets hanging by her ears. Her eye shadow was light blue outlined in a darker blue. Her cheeks were a flush color, more from the makeup, but I wouldn't doubt that there was some natural color there as well. She looked like the perfect bride from a fairytale movie. In fact, this whole wedding was a fairytale, and Jimmy was her Prince Charming. I stood up from the chair.

"How does she forget something like my dress?" Naomi sobbed. "Oh, that's right- she just forgot. Some mother she is."

Naomi slumped down on the stool and buried her face in her hands.

"Don't cry," I soothed. "If your mom doesn't make it back by three, you'll wear my dress, okay? Brides aren't required to wear white."

She looked up at me and sniffed, "You sure?"

"Positive," I replied. "Jimmy won't care what you're wearing anyway. He just wants you to be happy, and that will make him happy."

"Thanks, Liss." Naomi put her arms around me.

There was a slow knock on the door, and I opened it a crack. It was Matt, in a tux, standing outside the door looking at the time.

"Matt, what's up?" I said, letting him in.

"Everyone is wanting to know if you guys are ready," he replied. He spied Naomi and added, "Why isn't she dressed?"

"My mom forgot everything at home," Naomi snapped. "So I have to wait until she gets back to get dressed."

"Shit, you want me to tell everyone?" Matt said.

"No, we've got it covered," I replied. "But you can watch for Jennifer."

Matt nodded and went to stand outside the door. I glanced at the time. Twenty minutes left. I glanced around the room. Naomi's bouquet was here at least. I was still baffled by how Jennifer could have left everything at home. Unless she wanted her daughter to hate her all the rest of her life, in which case her plan was working. I looked out the window. Guests were arriving, mainly friends Naomi had made here in Huntington and friends of Jimmy. I noticed a few relatives pass through the doors, but I assumed she didn't want too much of her dysfunctional family here.

Finally I saw Jennifer pull up to the front door and shove her way through the crowd of people. I smiled, and I looked back at Naomi. She saw what I was thinking, and her face lit up.

"Here we go," I said.
---------------------------------------------------------
The music began to play, and I pulled at my purple dress again. I stood in the entryway, waiting for Johnny to join me. Brian and Matt were waiting at the altar with Jimmy, and Zacky was behind me with Jacoby, who Naomi had chosen as another bridesmaid. Zacky refused to stand arm and arm with him, and I laughed. The fact that Jacoby would accept to be a bridesmaid- or rather, bridesman- made me laugh. But if he was willing to do it for my friend, I was glad. And so his tie matched the purple color of my dress, and I must say, he looked mighty fine in purple.

Johnny joined me, and we linked arms. We took a couple steps down the aisle when my thoughts shifted to the baby. I stopped, and a murmur rose through the chapel. Johnny looked at me, and I continued on with him.

"Everything okay?" he asked quietly.

"I have to tell you something," I confessed.

"Right now?"

"Yeah. I've been meaning to tell you for the last week or so."

"Okay..."

"Johnny, I'm...I-I'm pregnant."

Now Johnny stopped. I saw his face go pale, like mine had, and he blinked a couple times. Zacky bumped into him and gave him a quick shove, and we kept walking. Neither of us said anything, and I hoped he wasn't too flustered.

We took our spots, me beside Jacoby and Johnny next to Jimmy. As soon as Naomi stepped through the door in her dress, the entire place rose. I glanced over to Johnny, who stood ramrod straight- eyes forward, not moving. And there he stood throughout the entire ceremony.

I couldn't find him after everyone had left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh-oh! Drama!

More coming later, I promise you. Tell me whatcha think.

The comments are so fun to read. :)