Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Ghosts of War

I fell asleep with Brian next to me. It was how my day went typically- wake up to sex, have sex in the daylight, fall asleep after sex. It was great. Most of the time. Except on nights like tonight.

I closed my eyes and he was there. Daddy.

"Lissa," he grumbled. "You've been a bad girl haven't you?"

I slowly nodded, and I braced myself. He backhanded me across the face, and I cried out. He pushed me onto the ground and grabbed the closest object to us- a tire iron. I tried to back myself away, but he was faster than I was. He grabbed me by my hair.

"Daddy!" I screamed. "Daddy! No please. Please!"

I screamed as I felt the cool metal burn my skin. It stung me and left deep welts in my skin. I screamed again as he repeatedly hit me.


Someone was shaking me. I screamed.

"Lissa! Baby!" shouted Brian. "Honey, shhh."

He pulled me closer. I was shaking and crying. I closed my eyes and buried my face in Brian's neck. Johnny and Zacky and Matt had heard, and they were standing in the door. I clutched Brian's left arm.

"Shhh," he said, rocking me back and forth.

"What happened?" asked Zacky. "We heard her scream."

I shook my head. "I don't want to talk."

Johnny tapped Matt on the shoulder. He motioned out the door. Matt and Zacky followed him out. I looked at Brian. He touched my chin.

"I'm here, Lissa," he said. "Whatever is bothering you, you don't need to worry."

"My-my phone," I stuttered. "Where's my phone?"

Brian reached over me and grabbed my phone. He handed it to me as I stood from the bed. I thanked him, and I stepped out onto the balcony. As I heard the door shut, I dialed Naomi's number. I didn't expect her to pick up, but she did.

"Hello?" she mumbled.

"Mimi," I cried. "Naomi, I can't do it. He's still there."

"Liss, what are you talking about?" asked Naomi.

"Daddy," I said, a bit of my old accent coming back. "I can't get him outta my head. I can't."

"Don't you worry your pretty little head off," said Naomi. "I'll be out to Huntington as soon as I can."

"Is...is he...?"

"He can't get you. I promise."

I let out a sob. "Thank you, Naomi. I'll see you soon."

I hung up and sat down in one of the chairs. I began to cry when Brian wrapped his arms around my shoulders. He kissed my cheek, and I touched his hand.

"Brian?" I said.

"Yeah, sweetie," replied Brian.

"You won't leave me, right?" I asked.

There was a long pause. He put his chin on my head. Down below the balcony, I spied Johnny on the patio. He was smoking a cigarette and observing us. I didn't know if he saw me looking at him, but suddenly I wanted to hold him instead of Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update for the night.
Tell me what you think!
Comments are loved :D