Sequel: Arizona Skyline

She Won't Kiss and Tell

10

I looked at my reflection at the mirror in the bathroom. I was wearing a tight v neck black top, with a pair of distorted denim pants. I don’t know why I told Kennedy that I would meet him at the party.

“Mandy, are you done yet!? I need to go!”, Pat chirped as he knocked the door.

“One second!”, I checked my hair again and opened the door to a pale faced Pat. “Sorry, Patty cakes, I was—“

“Yeah yeah!”, he walked through me and slammed the door shut. I rolled my eyes and went to my bunk to get my phone. When I climbed up to my bunk, which was under Kennedy’s, I took the liberty to check his bunk up.

When I pulled the curtain a bit, he wasn’t in. I opened the curtain completely and found a picture of Kenny and I, a few days after we went official.

He was kissing my cheek, and we looked happy there. Well, he looked happy, when I was in a massive mental war. I loved how he would make me forgot about everything when we were together.

“Amanda, you ready?”, John called out into the bunks hall. I jumped down from the steps and quickly slipped into my flip flops.

“Ready!”

I rushed out to the front lounge, and everyone was there, except Kennedy.

“You look great, Man-ohh!”, Jared winked playfully.

I rolled my eyes and quickly hugged Garrett’s side. “Very funny.”

“Come on, guys!”, John exclaimed as he walked down the steps. We followed him until we were in front of the BLG’s bus.

The door slid open and the music leaked out. The thumping music echoed on every walls and windows of the bus.

“Hey guys!”, Sara greeted us merrily. “Hey you!”, she grinned when she saw John. He quickly pulled her into his arms and they wandered off.

I looked at Garrett, and he lend in his hands. I took it and we danced to Traffic by Tiesto. The space between us was so close and the people around us made us had to be pressed on each other occasionally, like we mind.

He excused himself to get us drinks and I wandered off to the back of the bus. There were some noises coming from inside the bunks, and I didn’t want to disturb them. I walked into the back lounge and it was dark.

“Hello?”, I called out, but no respond. “Is anyone here?”

“What are you doing here?”, a slurred voice was heard.

“Uhm, I needed some peace and quiet.”

“Come sit with me.”, he patted the space next to him. I couldn’t see who he was, but I could hear the sound of the patted leather.

I sat down next to him, and when my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I realized who he was.
“Do you love Garrett?”

“Of course.”

Suddenly, he cupped my face in his hands and turned it, so I was facing him. I still couldn’t see his face, though. Slowly, his lips touched mine.

My hands went around his neck and suddenly, the lights turned on. I opened my eyes, and I was right, it was Kennedy. “Kenny!”, I gasped as I pulled away.

His eyes were red and he had a bottle of beer. I could see more empty bottles on the wooden tilted floor. “Kenny, you’re drunk!”

“No, I’m not!”, he laughed drunkenly. “You need this, Mandy.”

He shoved the bottle’s mouth into my mouth. I never much of a drinker, not like my brother, and I knew Kennedy never drink too much. “Kenny, you drink too much.”

“Shut up!”, he pushed me back harshly.

My eyes started to get teary. I stood up and ran out from the lounge. Kennedy was calling out my name, but I just ignored him.

“Amanda, where’re you going?”, Garrett asked when I was pushing my way through the crowd in the front lounge.

“Not now, Garrett!”, I sobbed and when I was out from the crowd, I pushed the button so the door slid open.

The wind quickly gushed through me when I just stepped out from the bus. I looked back and saw Garrett was trying to catch up with me. without anymore thoughts, I sprinted out from the venue.

When I was in an unfamiliar street, I catch my breath and tried to look around. There was a 24 hours diner across the street, and I thought it would be the right place to clear off my mind.

I crossed the street and walked into the diner. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and apple pies filled my nostrils. I sat on one of the stools in front of the counter and buried my face in my hands.

“What can I get you, girl?”, a waitress greeted me with a warm smile.

“Maybe a glass of hot tea?”

She nodded and went around the counter. When she as in front of me, she placed down a white mug and pour the brownish hot liquid into it. “Here you go, sweetie.”

“Thank you.”, I smiled and dunked in two cinnamon mints into it. Thank God I had $50 in my pocket randomly. I took a sip and it felt good when the tea fell down my throat and I could feel the warmth inside me.

“Nice place to think.”

I turned my head to the side and John sat next to me. “John?”

He smiled. “Hey, sister.”

“What are you doing here?”

“Well, I heard they have a really great apple pie here.”
I rolled my eyes. “Seriously.”

“Well—“, he sighed, “I heard Garrett calling your name, and I immediately went out from the bunk. Sara got mad at me, but I didn’t care. I ran out and followed you faster than Garrett. Here we are.”

“Psh.”, he snorted. “Family always comes first!”, he wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled me closer to him.

“John, you’re suffocating me!”

He chuckled and ruffled my hair in affection.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the sucky update
this one for Angela, she's been waiting for this
and i love how close John and Amanda are
i need to show more brother-sister moment
<3