Sequel: Arizona Skyline

She Won't Kiss and Tell

07

I walked around the venue with my sunglasses on. The sun beats down and the crowd was loaded. This kind of day gave me a headache. When I was on my way to the drink stand, I saw Garrett and a girl, walking hand in hand. I never see the girl in my whole life, and I could guess she was his new girlfriend.

“Hey!”, someone clapped my shoulders. I yelped and turned around to see Kennedy, grinning down at me. “Where were you?”, he mumbled as he kissed my cheek.

“Just walking around.”, I muttered as I still focused on Garrett and his girl.

Kennedy followed my stare and he rolled his eyes. “That’s Petra, Garrett’s “girlfriend”.”, he said with air quotes on the “girlfriend”.

“What’s up with the air quotes?”, I twitched my brows.

He shrugged his shoulders. “Well, I just think, that, Garrett use her.”

“Use her? You mean, he raped her?”

“No!”, Kennedy laughed. “No, Amanda. I meant, he used her just to make a certain someone jealous.”

I wrapped my arms and realized that the ‘certain someone’ was me. I turned around to Garrett, who was now buying an ice cream for him and Petra. “He’s really low.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah.”, I nodded and turned around again. “And it won’t work because that certain someone already someone else’s.”

Kennedy smirked and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling my face closer to his and pressed his lips softly against mine.

Garrett

I looked around to check if Amanda was around. She did, but she didn’t paying attention to me, she was sucking Kennedy’s face. The ice cream cone in my hand crushed and I could feel the cold dessert touched my palm.

“Gary? Are you okay?”, Petra asked, looking at my anger.

“I don’t feel well.”

Petra smiled and threw her ice cream away. She placed her hand on my cheek and drew imaginary circle right under my ear. “How can I make you well again?”

‘This is my chance’, I thought to myself. I cupped her face in my hands and leaned in. Her lips were hard against mine, and it was kind of weird. Everytime our lips moved, I always remembered how Amanda’s and mine would move in synchronized.

I pulled away and shook my head a bit. “What’s wrong? Did I do something wrong?”, Petra asked, worried.

“No, it’s just…I need to get back to the bus.”

“I’ll come with you. You need someone to take care of you.”

I could see what she wanted from her eyes, so I shook her hands off. “There’s Pat or Jared who can help me. I’ll call you.”

Petra nodded and I turned around, walking away. The walk to the bus felt short. I stomped my way into the bunks and slid into mine. I closed the curtains and tried to take a deep breath. I tried to replay the night we did it again, cause’ weirdly, it calmed me, but the only thing I saw in my mind was how Kennedy and Amanda did it.

“Hey Garrett.”, Pat called. “Garrett? Have you seen my GameBoy?”

I sighed and opened the curtains. “No, Pat, I haven’t seen your GameBoy.”

Pat pouted. “Okay. Anyway, what are you doing in the bunk? it’s like, a thousand degrees inside.”

“Thinking.”

“Amanda again?”

“This is not a problem for kids.”

He rolled his eyes and stuck his tongue out to me. Pat walked to the back lounge with mumbling about how I acted like a teen having her first PMS. I closed the curtain once again and looked intensely to the ceiling.

Amanda

“You okay?”, Kennedy asked when we were walking around the venue. The Maine’s set was in the morning, so they got the whole day free, except for signings.

I nodded. “Yeah, why wouldn’t I?”

“I don’t know, you acted weird since we caught Garrett and his ‘girlfriend’ kissing.”

A lump rose in my throat. It was a bit painful to see Garrett kissed another girl. It was not because I’m jealous…maybe I am. A bit.

“No, it’s not because of Garrett.”

Kennedy stopped in his track. I raised a brow on his action. “What is it?”

“Tell me the truth.”

“What? What are you talking about, Kenny?”

He gripped my shoulders and I twitched. He softened his grip and sighed. “Can you look into my eyes and tell me the truth?”

“What is the truth?!”, I hissed, not getting where he headed.

“That you still love Garrett! Amanda, tell me the truth!”

Tears started to welled in the corner of my eyes. He asked me with the right question. I nodded slowly. “Yes, I’m still in love with Garrett.”

Kennedy slowly released my shoulder and kissed my temple. “I’m sorry, but I can’t do this anymore.”

“What do you mean?”

He took a deep breath and looked right into my eyes. “I want to break up, Amanda.”

Tears clouded my vision and before Kennedy could see my weak side, I ran away.

Garrett

I sat on the couch in the front lounge. The rain was pouring down and we decided to leave the venue earlier than the schedule.

“Is everyone inside?”, Max, our tour manager, asked. Jared sat next to me with his acoustic guitar on his lap and gave Max a thumb up.

“Wait, where’s Kennedy?”, Pat asked.

The next second, the door slid open and Kennedy walked in, soaked wet, but he was alone.

“Where’s Amanda?”, I asked coldly. He just looked at me and walked straight into the bunks. I exchanged glances with John and his eyes showed the fear inside him.

I launched up and opened the bus’ door. Outside was pitched black, with some lights to guide the crowd out of the venue. People yelped or cursed at me when I pushed through them, but I didn’t care.

“Amanda!”, I called out, but no one responded. The crowd was trying to leave the venue in a hurry, I got swarmed. They kept pushing me to the gate, and I was out. I groaned and ran to the buses gate. They let me in and I continued my search for Amanda.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry if this one is confusing between Garrett-Amanda
i know i broke Amanda and Kennedy too soon, but that doesn't mean they won't be together again in the future;D
and some Amanda-Garrett will fill some chapters, but idk~
thank you for the subscription and comments, i want moreeeee
THANK YOU!