Status: Active. You comment, I update.

Please Be Mine

Selfish Bitch

We drove in silence to the restaurant. My parents shared a few words now and then, and my brother never took his eyes off his game. All I could do was think about what was going to happen there. Think about Joe.

Thank God this was a rehearsal dinner just for closest people, just the same people as always, plus a few members of Dani's family and very close friends. There was no wedding rehearsal due to a matter of time. This last week before the wedding was going to be epic.

We finally arrived to the restaurant, much to my dislike. We greeted everyone we knew and were introduced to some people we didn't, Dani's family and close friends. I hadn't seen Joe and I was thanking heaven for that. My family and I took our seats at our table along Nathaly's family, but she wasn't there. She arrived shortly after and greeted us. Just a few minutes later Dani's parents proposed a toast and our food was brought to our table. My parents were talking to my aunt and uncle and my brother and cousin were both playing with their Nintendo's.  

Nathaly put her hand over mine and looked at me with a sad smile. "What?" I asked her knowing what was coming.

"Aren't you going to talk to him?" she said furrowing her brow.

"No," I simply answered and continued with my food.

"Giselle, come on, give him a chance to explain. He really wants to work everything out," I just ignored her. "You know," she continued, "he hasn't taken his eyes off you. You didn't even say hello."

I continued eating. I really didn't need to hear it for the millionth time. Everyone wanted to tell me how I should act before what was happening, and I really didn't need that. In the end, it is my life, and they're all taking Joe's side.

"Giselle, come on! God! Could you just stop ignoring me? I don't know if it hurts you that nobody agrees with your behavior, I understand you but you have to listen to us, listen to him. I really understand you, but I also understand him, and that's why I'm telling you this again," she shook her head and turned to her food. She understood me? Now it was my turn. I really had had enough.

"You understand me? Understand me? Have you tried to put yourself in my position? Have you tried to imagine how it's like to be cheated on by the person you love the most? Have you? You should do that before you start telling me what to do. I've had enough of you all telling me what to do. You don't know anything." I said, trying to keep my voice low so our parents wouldn't hear.

"Oh really? I don't know anything? You know, I thought I did. Because I remember how two of the people I love the most betrayed me. I found out the guy I love had something with my cousin. But you know what? I forgave them, because I believed them when they said it was a mistake and that she didn't feel that way and he was just confused. I trusted them. But I guess I did wrong, right? I don't know anything," she got up and tossed the napking that was resting on her lap on the table and walked away.

I felt horrible then. She had a point. She did trusted us and what happened between Nick and I was worse if you see that it was two of the people she loves most. I excused myself from the table and walked through the salon trying to find my cousin and apologize.

On my way I bumped into Nick, "hey, hey. What's wrong?" he asked me, stopping me by holdig my arm.

"Nothing, I just had a discussion with Nathaly and I wanted to apologize. Have you seen her?"

"Uhm no, I thought she was still with you," I shook my head and he excused himself from the group of guys he was talking with before I bumped into him. "Come on, let's go get some air. You look like you need it."

We walked outside to the garden next to the salon. I took a deep breath and he stroked my arm. "How are you doing?" he asked me.

We sat at a small bench and I looked up at the stars. I shook my head and answered with a sad smile, "not really good lately."  

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I sighed, "not really."

"Don't you think it is better if you stop avoiding it?" I said nothing, just stared blankly forward.

"G, can I ask you something?" I nodded and lay my head on his shoulder. "Why are you being so stubborn?"

I turned to look at him, "What?"

"I know you said you don't wanna talk about it. But I think we've reached a point where you have to stop. You've been ignoring everyone and shutting them out. All we've been doing is try to help you, both of you. And you think you're on your right to-"

"Stop Nick, okay? Stop it! I already heard those things. But you don't know how it feels. You don't-"

"That's what I'm trying to prove, Giselle!" Nick ran his hands on his face, just like Joe does, indicating he was trying not to get mad. "I live with the dude! Joe had practically moved back into the house. He can't stand to be in the apparment by himself. I see him suffer every day. Dammit! You should stop being so selfish! All you've been doing is complaining about how you feel. And you want everyone to understand you? I'm sorry but I can't. You say you're so hurt. Well, guess what? You're not the only one hurting. Have you tried to think why no one's on your side? Because we've all taken the time to listen to Joe. Something you apparently can't do, because you're too busy being a bitch."

"Excuse me? What did you just call me?" I said. I couldn't believe that Nick, my best friend, was calling me that.

"A bitch. Because that's what you've become. And you know what? I think you just like to act like a victim here. Try to drag all the attention to you. But it's not working anymore. And if you don't plan on changing, then brake it to Joe. Because he's still waiting for you to give him a chance to explain. You're not the girl we love, G," he shook his head and looked down. "I love you, but you need to change."

"I- I can't believe that's what you think about me! You should know me better," I said feelin my throat tight.

"I do. And that's why I'm the only one who's telling you the truth," he finally met my eyes. "But if you're not willing to change back, G, I- please just don't make it harder for him. He still wants you. But I don't want my brother to get his heart broken, even more. So, if you're not planing on giving him a chance to explain himself, just let him go. You're not only hurting him, you're hurting us, too. Do you even want to get back with him?"

I noticed then that tears had found their way down my face. The hurtful look on Nick's face made my heart clench. "I do, I do. More than anything. But just, please, listen to me. Nick, after I came by to return the ring he gave me I haven't talked to him at all. And yes he's called, but he were really trying hard he would have at least come to my house and try to talk to me. He just called and of course I didn't answer. I just, I know I've been hard on him. But I expected him to try harder. I'm not saying it's his fault. I know I haven't tried much either. But, when I think about him all I do is picture him with her, and I don't even know her." I was now crying in Nick's arms, feeling so vulnerable. "Nick, I love your brother more than anything in this world. And every day we're not together hurts so bad. I do want to fix thing, Nick. I do want to trust him again. I just don't know if I'm ready. But, God, I miss him. And I can't go a day without thinking about him. I can't picture my future without him. I-I love him so much, Nick," I had by now surely ruined Nick's shirt. But he held me tight while I cried and just soothed me.

I felt Nick's body tense and heard, "I love you, too." I yanked my face to him. God, he looked good. I just stared at him not knowing what to say.

"Well, I think you two should talk now," Nick said and stood up giving me a warning look. And walked past Joe patting his shoulder.

Joe sat down next to me and just stared at his hands. "G, I- I wanted to apologize. What I did whas a hue mistake but do you think you could try to listen to me? I just need you to understand why this all happened and that I never intended to hurt you. That's the last thing I'd like to do," she shook his head and looked down at his hands resting on his lap, playing with his ring. "I love you, G. I'm crazy in love with you and all this time we've been apart has just been hell for me. Do you think you could try to listen to the whole story?" he said looking up at me with pleading eyes.

I, for the first time in a long time, looked into his eyes. They were so sad, restless, full of hurt. That's what I could see the most in his eyes. Hurt. The usual spark wasn't there. His chocolate brown eyes were darker, sadder. He had been crying, he was restless, tired. But most of all, I could see he was hurting. And it was all my fault.

Nick had been right. I had been really selfish, and though I was hurting, I was causing even more hurt to Joe. I was the responsible for that.

"Giselle?" he broke me out of my thoughts. I took one look at him again and I knew it.

"Joe, I don't need to hear it."

"Please, just let me explain, I swear to-" I cut him off with my lips on his. I massaged his lips slowly and delicately. I had missed this for a long, long time. I brought my hands up and rested them around his neck. I scooted closer to him and his hands found their way around my waist. I felt my stomach do flips and started to feel light headed. The kiss started to heat up. Joe was pulling me closer, and kissing me passionately.

I slowly pulled back and stared into his eyes. His sadness was no longer there. And I could start to see that sparkle in his eyes again.

It was time to apologize now. "Joe, I- I'm really sorry. I never gave you the chance to explain. Nick was right. I was being such a selfish bitch. I didn't realize I was hurting you all. I was just mad at you for what you did and wasn't thinking straight. I'm sorry. I really am. And I love you more than anything, baby."

"It's okay, G. None of this was your fault. I didn't handle the situation the way I should have. Can I explain now?"

I shook my head, "why don't we leave it behind and just forget this ever happened? I just don't wanna think about it anymore. Let's pretend this never happened."

"Okay," he whispered and pecked my lips once, twice. "I love you. Don't ever forget that. And just for the record, I would never do anything to hurt you on purpose."

"I know, baby. I love you, too." I kissed his lips once more.

He stood up and offered me his hand, "do you wanna walk?"

I grabbed his hand and he led me through the gardens. The feeling of just holding his hand was driving my crazy. I hadn't been able to even feel his touch for weeks. And now we were finally together.

"Did he really say that?" Joe asked.

"Huh?"

"Nick," he said looking down at me. "Did he really call you a selfish bitch?"

"Oh, yeah," I said looking down.

"Remind me to get him for that," he said. "You're definitely not a selfish bitch baby."

I gave him a hug and we just stood there for a while. Savoring the moment. Finally together, holding each other close.

Joe leaned down to whisper something in my ear, "have I told you already that you look pretty hot toning?" I giggled and shook my head. "Well, you do," he said huskily in my ear making me shiver.

"I think we should get back inside," Joe said nodding with his head, "we're missing out."

"Yeah." We started walking, "And Joe?"

"Yeah?"

"You look pretty hot, too," I said with a smirk just to earn my favorite smirk back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please put your weapons down!

Guys I feel horrible for not updating for what? 6months? I am so so sorry. I've been so busy with school :( I really hope you're still reading this.

This chapter it's longer than all of the others, I think. Just trying to make it up to you guys. I'll probably update within a week or less :) I promise.

PBM is already two years old! Ha! Thanks for keeping up with it. It really means a lot to me that you like to keep reading my stuff. And I like to write for you:)

Well, I hope you enjoyed this update. And happy new year's eve!! I hope you checked all you resolutions for this year :) This is my present for you guys.

Thank you for all your comments. Feel free to push me :) haha so please leave your comments :)