Always and Forever

Stupidity at its best

Chapter 4
“So what are you doing today?” I asked stealing a piece of bacon off Justin’s plate. We were leaning against the kitchen counter eating, one of our many habits.
“I’m going to go pick up my bike from Boomer’s” He replied after taking a sip of orange juice.
“I still, don’t see why you didn’t leave it with me?” I asked just a tad annoyed.
“Because last time I left it with you I had to pay three grand to get it fixed” he answered crossing his arms over his chest, causing his muscles to bulge.
“Hey, I thought I could fix it, I followed the instructions perfectly” I argued. What had happened was that Justin’s birthday was coming up and he said his bike needed a new valve thing, so I thought I’d surprise him by installing it. Let’s just say it didn’t go well. But leave it to a guy to hold a grudge.
“Andy, you’re an interior designer and an artist, what made you think you were a mechanic?” I rolled my eyes and ignored his question. I’m not really an artist; I just love art and happen to be good at it. But I knew there were lots of artist out there much better at it than I was. So I decided to become an interior designer and Icreated arton the side, eventually I became pretty successful (with help from Justin and his many celebrity contacts, his job allows him to meet a lot of them). But I wanted to do art a lot more than I was, so I came up with a solution. I would create a new piece of art for all my cliente, and give it to them as a house warming gift. This made me think of something I’ve been meaning to avoid. My palms began to sweat and I began to fidget.
Of course this did not escape Justin’s notice. “What’s up?” he asked leaning across the table.
“Nothing” I mumbled hoping he would drop the subject. I took up the now empty plates and dropped them in the sink. He didn’t.
He came around the table to stand beside me in front of the sink. “Okay, whats wrong?”. I didn’t answer , my feet had suddenly become very interesting. Justin tipped my chin up, so I was staring into his eyes.
I hesitated but I knew I had to tell him even though I didn’t want to. We told each other everything.
“Do you know Andrew Demetri? He’s my newest cliente”
“Yeah, he’s incredibly rich, I worked with him on a project in Africa, hes a pretty good guy”
“I know, I like him, alot” I said hoping he would get the picture.
“That’s good-“ he started but I cut him off. He just didn’t understand what I was trying to tell him.
“No, you don’t get it, lo gradico, I like him” I saw understanding dawn on his face. Then I saw him stiffen and his jaw clench. I knew this would bother him, he has always had a problem with me dating guys. If I didn’t know better I’d mistake it for jelousy, but I knew it was just him being overprotective of me……again. Every boyfriend I’ve ever had Justin has found a way to chase them off, I barely get asked on dates because of it, he warns them off. It was so bad in high school they used to call me ‘chastity the virgin’, but not in front of Justin of course. He’d kick their asses.
“Oh” he said through obviously clenched teeth.
“Don’t say it like that , you just said he was a good guy, just give him a chance , please for me” I pleaded. When his expression didn’t change I knew I wasn’t getting through to him. I sighed and turned back to wash the dishes. He was just too stubborn.
I heard him walk away, then I heard the shower running. I finished washing up and sat in the living room, getting ready for the next battle of wills. A few minutes later I saw him come out fully dressed with my keys in hand.
“Justin”I started to get up, but he had already slammed the front door and was gone before I could say another word. Teardo e maialeintestatist, stubborn and pigheaded.