Status: active

Giving In To the Enemy

The White Rabbit

One of my favorite stories growing up was "Through the Looking Glass". I'm not even sure why I loved it so much, but I read and re-read it time and time again.There was always a character I felt sorry for. The White Rabbit. When most people read the book they think of how silly the rabbit is, but I always felt so, so sorry for him. To work for the Queen so religiously and always have to worry about getting decapitated. I also would also fell sorry about how he was late. Being late is embarrassing and I always hate being late.

My tired legs carried me through the busy streets swiftly, avoiding the other busy people who were probably also late for meetings. The only difference between me and them, was that I was a spy. Of course, I wasn't actually a spy.... yet. I would be in a matter of time. If I only I could get to the meeting faster. Being in the streets of Trenton, New Jersey, running to get to the board meeting, I felt more sympathy for the White Rabbit than ever before. Pushing my way through street performers, hot dog vendors, and teenage girls enjoying the last of their Winter break, my prize was in eye. A tall, corporate building filled to the brim with well known spies and scientists.

Running straight in without time for the doormen to even react, I slipped on the floor and landed on my stomach. Apparently they waxed the floors that morning, knowing that the best agents were flying in from all over the world. I sat there, arms spread out in front of me, and legs pushed together, feeling like an idiot every second. Once I got the courage to pick myself up, I rushed over to the desk lady. She pointed me to the elevator on the right, pulled the mic on her headset away from her mouth, and told me the floor and room numbers.

Once I was in the elevator, I took a long hard look at myself. I was finally going to be a spy. It had been my dream for a long time, and I even left home to do so. Sighing, I fiddled with my hair, not caring if the mirrored walls had sensors or anything, this was an important meeting, and I could not afford cowlicks. In a matter of seconds, the elevator dinged, opening up into a long, sleek hallway. The mirrors that covered the wall mocked me with a worried expression, making me feel even worse.

The room was big, but the surprising thing was that it was empty. Other than a long, glass table and several white chairs, there was no one in the room. I stood awkwardly inside, hoping someone would show up and tell me that the meeting was moved to another room. As soon as I took a step down to the lowest floor in the room, a green light froze on me. It moved down me slowly, scanning for any weapons and or signs that I was a poser. After it reached my feet, the people appeared on the chairs, staring at me with emotionless faces. Without showing any emotions myself (or at least trying not to) I introduced myself, hoping to ease the tension. But that was pointless, the tension would always exist, as long as there was a chance that someone could be a traitor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay my story is finally up :D

Here's Ariana's outfit