Status: Slow updates

Mama Killed A Man

Image

“So what’s Klaus Hurley hooked you up with?”

“Who, sorry?”

John stared at me, eyebrows knotted together, a mix between confusion
and scepticism pasting his expression. I felt myself shrink beneath his gaze.

“Ker-lows Her-lee,” He said slowly, narrowing his eyes. He looked just as perplexed as I was.

“I-I’m not sure who that is,” I replied, becoming nervous. Did my father have a brother? Did I have a brother? Or maybe there was a mix up and I was at the wrong house. Hurley was a pretty common last name, wasn’t it?

“How can you not?” John put the bucket down and wiped his wet hands down his front before angling them on his hips, “Isn’t he working with you?”

“I-I’m not w-working with anyone,” I stammered nervously. My heart was pounding away feverishly and I felt sick with panic. “I’ve just moved here to live with Ian Hurley,” I gulped, ignoring the obscure sensation on my tongue as I pronounced the name, “He lives here, doesn’t he?”

John’s face suddenly melted into a look of understanding. He looked at my expression and chuckled, resting a damp hand on my shoulder, “You’re really not from around here, are you?”

I was sure we’d already established that.


When Amberlyn Kalya Cross loses her mother in a tragic car accident, she's booted half way across the world to live with her father, the man her mother moved half way across the world to get away from. She's not sure what to expect of the US, the Americans, and especially her father, and as soon as she arrives she knows she has a lot to figure out. Life has never been such a mystery.

And then Mr. John O'Callaghan get's into it all.
  1. When Bambi's Mum Dies.
    one.
  2. Relocation
    two.
  3. John by the way
    three.
  4. Dad
    four.
  5. The Next Big Thing
    five.
  6. The Girl Next Door
    six.
  7. (E) Motion
    seven.
  8. Consciousness
    eight.
  9. Raw
    nine.
  10. Guy At The Rock Show
    ten.
  11. Passivity
    eleven.
  12. Skol
    twelve
  13. Karla Cross
    thirteen
  14. Crippled
    fourteen.
  15. Home
    fifteen.
  16. Hello, Goodbye
    sixteen.
  17. Picture Perfect
    seventeen.
  18. Gossip
    eighteen.
  19. Snitch
    nineteen.
  20. Alone
    twenty.