Status: completed.

Losing Touch

epilogue

Dear Zoe,

I can't believe 365 days has passed already. I miss you so much, I don't think I'll ever be able to express how much I really miss you. I might be able to physically show how much I miss and love you, but I can never verbalize it. I know Kennedy understands though.

He gets what I'm going through emotionally. We both lost you - someone who we had known since we were kids (in your brother's case, since he was a baby). But he was able to move on quicker than I was. Now, I'm better with talking about you - but it's still a very delicate subject. I still feel like crying every now and then, and I still do. But the amount has improved.

I know you wouldn't have liked it, but we took a three month break from any band related stuff after you died. I know you wanted us to keep going, but we all just couldn't handle it. We all knew you were going to leave us eventually, but we didn't see it coming that soon. It just hit us like a ton of bricks. But now we're back on the road and writing new songs.

And the best part of getting back on the road were the fans. They all understood that we were all experiencing difficult times, and it made me smile again. They got that we had lost you, and no one would ever replace you. The fans that had even met you before told me and the guys about how kind you were to them and how much they looked up to you in a way. Even they were able to comprehend what a kind and loving person you were. And they had only known you for a few minutes of their lives.

That is one of the main reasons I was able to get on with my life. That and the fact that you made sure I would. Every time I felt like quitting everything and just going back to Arizona for good, your voice resonated throughout my mind. Then I would be able to get up and go out and do what I love so much. I was able to get back on stage to see the smiling faces and screaming fans.

Oh, Halvo and Olivia have a beautiful seven month year old girl. They named her Zoe, after you. They felt it was only right. They even asked me to be her godfather, and I obviously accepted. She's so cute, she reminds me of you sometimes. She can be really stubborn, and that was one of the things I loved about you. You always stood your ground, and I wouldn't have had you another way. And also, Kennedy and Morgan finally got engaged. I'm so happy for them, and I'm sure you would've been too.

I'm gonna say this again, though I know you can't read this. I miss you.

Love,
John.

PS: I love you Zoe. I don't care if you're not here on earth anymore - I still love you. You were my first real girlfriend, my first love, and my first wife. No one else can take that away. I know that we were meant for each other, I will never doubt that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, that's it. Thank you all so much for reading/commenting/subscribing. You guys are amazing, and I probably wouldn't have finished this story if it wasn't for you. (:

But, now it's time to officially start my other story!

- Rach (: