Status: Active;; New Idea.... Anyone Have Any Others?

A Twist in Fate

The Imprint

When I woke up the next morning, the sun was just coming up. 6:12am. Ugh, why did I have to wake up this early? I got out of bed, knowing I wouldn’t get back to sleep, and went to my closet to look through my clothes. Hmm, I thought for a moment then sifted through each shirt and pair of pants I had. Guess this will have to do. I changed and fixed my hair before going downstairs and figured dad was still asleep. I decided to make breakfast for us both; pancakes and bacon. I ate my food and went to brush my teeth and put on eyeliner before writing dad a note beside the plate of food I made for him,

Dad,
I went out to the beach. Hoping to catch up with the friends from yesterday. You said to make myself more accustomed to La Push, right? I have my phone, call me if you need me.

Love you,
Adelé


After I signed it, I grabbed my flip flops and went out the door, hoping to see one of them at the beach since I had promised to see Quil.

I got to the beach quicker than yesterday and looked around anxiously before sighing. Of course. No one’s here… I sat down on a log and looked out at the ocean then closed my eyes to listen to the waves and birds. What I didn’t notice were footsteps coming my way.

“Addie!” A voice yelled, making me scream and fall off the log. I turned around to stare wide-eyed at Quil and frowned.
“Jesus, Quil! You scared me!” I cried out.
“Sorry, Addie…” He mumbled and stuck his hand out for me and I took it.
“Relax. No harm done.” I shrugged. “Anyways, where did you come from just now? You weren’t here when I first got here. Are you stalking me?”
Quil let out a loud, husky laugh and grinned at me. “Stalking you? Never.” He joked, winking. “Me and my friends wanted to know if you’d like to come to Sam and Emily’s to hang out?”
I looked at him and tilted my head. “You really want to hang out?” I asked, raising my eyebrow before smiling and nodded. “Sure, lead the way.”

We walked for a little while to get to Sam and Emily’s, but I couldn’t complain because the scenery was amazing. I paused at the front door and bit my lip, looking to Quil nervously.
“Relax,” He grinned. “But fair warning, don’t stare at Emily too much. It annoys Sam.”
I really thought nothing of it and nodded despite whatever he had meant. He opened the door and I walked in behind him, taking a deep breath. Everyone’s eyes turned to me and I froze, holding my breath.
“Boys! Quit staring, you’re scaring the poor girl!” A female voice scolded them and they all looked away. I relaxed and looked over at the woman beside me, noticing the scars on her face right away but ignored them. She was quite beautiful and the scars didn’t do much to that fact. “I’m Emily, Sam’s fiancée.”
I smiled and blushed, laughing a little when I noticed how quiet I had been. “Uh, I’m Adelé. But please, call me Addie.” I said, sticking my hand out for her to shake.
Emily laughed and shook her head, pulling me into a hug. I gasped lightly but hugged her back after a moment then looked at her when she pulled back. “Shaking hands is too formal.” She explained causing us both to smile.
I looked behind me at the boys who were all laughing while they played around, one boy wrestling another. I giggled at them and continued to smile.
“Where’s Seth and Leah?” I heard a deep, husky voice ask. I looked over then looked up to the face of a man who wrapped his arm around Emily. Sam. He was there yesterday too.
“They said they’d be late.” Answered another boy. Jacob. I remembered.
“Well boys, I made you some breakfast, but ladies first. Addie, are you hungry?” Emily asked.
“Oh, no. I’m perfectly fine. I already ate before I left home.” I insisted before the boys stampeded into the kitchen for breakfast. I gasped and jumped back to get out of their way, watching them devour mountains of food. “Wow….” I blinked.

“Sorry we’re late!” A cheerful voice piped up from the door; male. A girl rushed past me, hitting my shoulder. I hissed in pain and held my throbbing shoulder, blinking. Quil looked at me with a sorry expression and I shook my head at Emily while she fussed over it.
“I’m fine, relax.” I said softly and let my arm hang by my side again.
A boy walked around me and went to the table to scarf down some food like the others. “Nice of you to join us, Seth, Leah…” Sam said. So that’s Seth and Leah.
I leaned against the wall and Quil walked over after finishing his buffet of food.
“So Addie, how does cliff diving sound?” He asked. I blinked at him.
“Cliff diving?” I asked, glancing at them all.
Suddenly Seth turned around and widened his eyes at me. I blinked at him and breathed in deeply as if all the air had been sucked out of me. He’s so…wow… It was like we were in a trance, just staring at each other. He acted as if I was some gem or precious stone, something beautiful or priceless, like I was something…special.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really hoped you all liked it. I wrote this in celebration of getting my new laptop for Christmas! Haha. I looooove it. :]
Please comment and message me your ideas, comments, concerns, and/or questions.
Thanks everyone! :D
-Alyssa

Here's what Addie was wearing:
http://www.polyvore.com/twist_in_fate/set?id=14619031