Status: active

We Made Our Way Dreaming

La La Land

I am confident
But I still have my moments
Baby, that's just me
I'm not a supermodel
I still eat McDonald's
Baby, that's just me

Well, some may say I need to be afraid
Of losing everything
Because of where I
Had my start and where I made my name
Well, everything's the same
In the la-la land machine
Machine, machine

Who said I can't wear my
Converse with my dress
Well, baby, that's just me [ah]
Who says I can't be single
And have to go out and mingle
Baby, that's not me

Well, some may say I need to be afraid
Of losing everything
'cause of where I
Had my start and where I made my name
Well, everything's the same
In the la-la land...

Tell me, do you feel the way I feel
'Cause nothing else is real
In the la-la land machine

Well, some may say I need to be afraid
Of losing everything
Because of where I
Had my start and where I made my name
Well, everything's the same
In the la-la land machine

Well, I'm not gonna change
In the la-la land machine
Well, I will stay the same
In the la-la land machine

Machine
Machine
I won't change anything in my life
I won't change anything in my life
I'm staying myself tonight
I'm staying myself tonight
La, la, la, la, la
,” I finished singing my song.

The audience erupted in applause as I went back to Ellen’s couch.

“Woah,” she grinned. “Now that was what I call a new hit single.”

I laughed. “Thanks,” I said.

“So Miss Stryder,” she said. “You’ve had two back to back hit singles from your debut album. That must really be something.”

I grinned. The last few months had been amazing. My career was finally taking off. I felt so blessed to be here after everything. “Yeah it really has been. I mean I can’t even believe where I am right now.”

“Now how old are you?” she asked.

“I’m 23,” I answered.

“Wow, 23,” she said. “So you’re not one of the teen sensations but you’re definitely a sensation.”

I laughed. “Um I guess. I wouldn’t really call me a sensation. I’m kind of waiting for everyone to wake up and realize they hate me.”

“Aw,” she said. “I wouldn’t say that. I mean, I got to tell you, I’ve heard a lot of singers and you are really amazing. Isn’t she amazing?” she asked the audience.

They erupted in applause again. I grinned. “Thank you. It’s all so surreal you know? I’m still thinking that I’m going to wake up one day and it’ll all have been a dream.”

“Well it’s quite a dream,” she said. “So now we hear you’re getting quite serious with a certain Devin Conrad.”

I smiled. “Devin and I have been together for a while. He’s so amazing. I just don’t think it’s fair that I’ve been blessed to be living my dream and to have him.”

“Well you guys are very cute together,” she admitted. “And just to prove that, we have a surprise for you.”

I waited patiently until there was another loud applause. I gasped as I saw Devin come onto the stage, waving at them. I stood, completely taken back. What was he doing here? He smiled at me, kissing me quickly as he came up to me. “What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Well,” he said, grinning. “You know how this is one of your favorite shows?”

I nodded.

He got down on one knee, and held up a small box to me. “Well,” he said, grinning up at me. I gasped. “Melody Stryder, I love you more than anything. You made me happier than I ever thought possible. And if you let me, I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you as happy as you’ve made me. Will you marry me baby?”

I was speechless. “Devin, I – I,” I said, looking around quickly. Everyone was watching me, eager for my acceptance. After all, why would I say no? Devin was perfect, and we were perfect. But I had thought of something, something that I had forced myself to forget about, something I had pushed to the back of my mind. I couldn’t say yes, because I couldn’t marry him. Not yet anyway. I would have to fix this before I walked down the aisle. But I would. I loved Devin. I would marry him. “Yes,” I said.

He put the ring on my finger and stood, kissing me deeply. “I love you,” he said.

“I love you too,” I said, wrapping my arms around his neck as his wound around my waist.

“Well that is definitely something amazing,” Ellen said. She turned to the camera. “Okay well we’ll be back tomorrow when we have Owl City here. Buh bye.”

Devin and I walked off the stage as the audience clapped. He came with me to my dressing room, not taking his arm off of me. “I’m thinking a spring wedding,” he said. “What do you think?”

“Hm? Oh um yeah that sounds good,” I said, not really paying attention. I was planning what I had to do to actually be able to walk down the aisle with him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked me, turning me to face him.

“Nothing,” I tried to smile.

“Tell me,” he touched my face gently.

I sighed. He was too good for me. “Devin, I um – I have to do something.”

“Okay, what?” he asked.

“I have to go home,” I said quietly.

“Okay, I’ll take you,” he pulled out his phone, probably to call his driver.

“No, not this home,” I said. “Home, home.”

“Oh,” he said. “Okay well whatever you need baby.”

“Thanks,” I smiled.

“Is this --,” he took a breath. “This isn’t because of me is it? You’re not having doubts?”

I kissed him. “I am definitely sure about you Dev. I just need to do something.”

“Okay,” he smiled reassured. He kissed me harder. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” I smiled.

He left me then to let me get my stuff together. I sat at the dressing table, staring at myself in the mirror. I didn’t know what was wrong with me. I was going to marry Devin Conrad, the love of my life. But all I could think about was the guy who had been my soul mate since I was 5 years old. I was thinking of Joe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha so what did you guys think? I have huge plans for this :] Comments anyone???

La La Land ;; Demi Lovato