Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 4.

It was three weeks until we broke up for summer, for a long and much-needed two months off. My family were spending one and a half months in Italy, unfortunately, taking me with them. And as I’ve said before, people in Italy are beautiful and can where next to nothing, and not be judged. I wear as much as possible to cover myself up, I don’t want anyone to see my body. But it’ll be so damn hot… I won’t be able to wear my jeans. I’ll have to wear shorts or something, ugh.
I was currently in the middle of my last exam of the year, my geography one. I had one question left about metamorphic rocks, then I could relax and wait until the end of the school day.
Something hit my back, then the floor. I looked up, luckily the teacher wasn’t paying attention, so I picked up the note and carefully unfolded it.
I heard you made out with Greg, wtf?
-B.

What the hell?
It’d been nearly two weeks since Greg had forced himself upon me. Turns out it was a dare, yeah, real mature. So now worse rumors were speculating, fantastic.
No way, why the hell would I do that?
-E.

I don’t know… you’ve been doing a lot of weird things lately so I wasn’t sure.
-B.

Like what?
-E.

Like hugging me, and you even kissed my cheek once. Like that weird stuff.
-B.

Well I’m sorry for deciding to show some affection towards my friends for once, rather than hurting them! And the kiss was only because I was really, really happy. Sorry, from now on, I’ll punch you, yeah?
-E.

Oh, right, okay. I’m sorry, I didn’t realize. And no, I like our hugs, I just didn’t know why you did it.
-B.

Don’t worry, I’m not mad at you, I suppose I would have thought something was up too. Wait for me by my locker, yeah?
-E.

Okay (=
The bell rang and we all got up in silence, grabbing our bags and walking outside of the classroom. As soon as everyone was out people started talking. I walked to my locker, got out my books that I’d need over the week-end and skateboard, then shut it and waited for Brendon.
Greg walked over to me and I sighed. “What?”
“Look.” he said, swallowing. “This never happened, alright? But I’m sorry, there, I said it. I’m sorry.”
I raised my eyebrows. “You’re what?”
“Don’t make me say it again. I just want you to know I’m really not that much of a bad guy, but I kinda like my reputation, so I go along with it.”
I smiled, because he was being surprisingly genuine. “Well, I accept your apology, and I won’t tell anyone, as long as you stop being an ass to me.”
He stuck out his hand and I shook it. “Deal.” he nodded and quickly scarpered when his ‘crew’ came into sight. Brendon came over to me, frowning.
“What’s wrong, Bdon?” I asked.
“What did he want? I swear, if he did anything I’ll-”
“He came to say sorry.” I shrugged.
“No way!”
“Yep.”
“Wow, I didn’t expect that. You know, in a twisted way, I think he may like you.”
“Twisted way? What are you saying, that you have to be twisted to like me?”
“No!”
“Then what are you saying?”
“I’m… I don’t know.” he said, panicking.
I bit my lip and walked away quickly, not wanting to talk to him.
I know I’m ugly and practically undatable, but it’s not nice to hear it from someone else, especially from someone as close as your best friend.
“Em!” he shouted.
I kept on walking, ignoring him and bursting through the doors. I dropped my board, ready to get on it, but Brendon put an arm around my shoulders.
“Emma, come on, I didn’t mean to hurt you.”
This was one of the very few occasions that I thought I was going to cry. I never cry, and when I say never, I mean never.
“Oh my God… are you going to cry?”
“No.” I said, swallowing back my tears. “Don’t be stupid, I don’t cry.”
I dropped his arm and started skating. Luckily, I was quicker than Brendon so he couldn’t catch up. I soon arrived back at home and jumped off my board, fumbling around for my keys.
“Shit!” I screamed, when I couldn’t find my keys, sliding down to the floor. Brendon arrived a few seconds after, a little out of breath.
“Just fuck off.” I muttered, hugging my knees.
He sat down next to me and wrapped an arm around me. “I didn’t mean it the way you took it, I meant it as I think he likes you, but has a weird way of showing it. Not that you have to be weird to like you.”
“I know, but the reality is the latter, you and I both know it.”
He sighed and squeezed me. “Emma, people do like you, you just don’t realize it, or you’ve turned them down. You know how picky you are. At least 4 skater guys have asked you out, am I right?”
I looked up and half-smiled. “Yeah, I suppose you’re right.”
He kissed my cheek and hugged me. “I’m sorry I’m so crappy with words.”
“S’okay, I’m sorry for PMSing on you.”
He laughed. “Don’t worry.”
We stayed there for quite a while, until my older sister arrived home, wanting to get in.
“Look what the cat dragged in.” she smirked.
“Look what the cat sicked up.” I spat back.
“Aren’t you two adorable.” she laughed. “Can you continue your love fest somewhere else?”
“It’s not a love fest.” I glared.
“Fine, just get the fuck out of my way.”
We stood up, letting go of each other and dusting ourselves down. She unlocked the door, walked in and kicked off her shoes. We followed suit and put our boards near the door. We ran upstairs into my room and collapsed onto the bed. We sat crossed legged, facing each other.
“Brendon, what would you do if I suddenly turned girly?”
“I don’t know.” he shrugged. “But if you do become girly, don’t change your attitude, because that would really suck if you were all like ‘no, my nails!’.”
I laughed. “I don’t think I would ever do that, it’s probably physically impossible for me to.”
“Good.” he smiled. “Cos I kinda like the way you are now. As in, not crying at the smallest things, but still hugging me which is cool.”
I smiled widely. “Thanks Bren, that really means a lot. I think you’re a pretty swell guy too.”
He chuckled. “Swell? Who still says swell?”
“Me you bastard.” I pretended to look offended, but he pouted, so I ended up smiling again.
“Do you wanna sleep over at mine tonight? It’s been a while since we’ve done that and I’m sure my mom would like to see you again.”
“I’m sure you’re mom wouldn’t, not after last time.”
Last time, I’d drawn a penis on his forehead in Sharpie when he was sleeping. Unfortunately, he’d woken up before me and gone downstairs, only to be greeted by his mother, who saw the big fat penis on his forehead. He thought it was hilarious, she didn’t.
“She’ll have forgotten by now, that was a good few months ago.”
“14 months.”
“No way! That’s it, your definitely coming to mine, come on, pack some shit and get your booty moving.”
I laughed at his expression and jumped off the bed, throwing in whatever I’d need in an over night bag. I caught my reflection and sighed, quickly moving away from the mirror. Brendon’s eyes followed me as I moved across the room.
“Okay, I’m all done.”
“Great!” he smiled and we left my room, bolting down the stairs.
“Kat, I’m going to Brendon’s tonight, tell mom!”
“Whatever.” she flipped off, eating some crazy protein bar. All for fucking modeling. Another reason why I couldn’t be a model, I love my food too much.
We grabbed our boards and jumped on them, skating to his house. We got there in about fifteen minutes. Brendon burst through the door.
“Ma, I’m home! Got a friend round!”
“Is he sleeping over?”
“She, and yes!”
Her mom walked over to us and sighed with relief.
“Oh, I thought you meant a girl, thank goodness it’s only you Emma. How are you?”
That’s charming, isn’t it?
“I’m good, how about you Mrs. Urie?”
“I’m good thank you.” she nodded. “Pizza for tea, it’ll be done at half five, and I’m going at six to your grandmas. I won’t be back until Sunday, so behave kids.” she nodded and we ran up the stairs into his room. There was the odd piece of clothing on the floor but it was tidy for the most part.
“What movies do you wanna watch? Please not a really difficult one to understand. I know you’re super intelligent and shit, but Watchmen was mega hard to follow.”
I smiled and sat on his bed. “So no, La Vie En Rose?”
“No.”
“But we are not watching Aladdin again.”
“Awh! But Aladdin kicks ass!”
I raised one eyebrow and he sighed. “Fine, no Aladdin.”
“Okay, I’ve got one movie we can both agree on. Two words.”
“Finding Nemo?”
I laughed. “No. Fight Club.”
He clapped his hands once. “Yes, I’ll watch Fight Club. And Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”
I nodded in agreement. “We’re settled!”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I was cuddled up to Brendon in his bed, watching the last few minutes of Ferris Bueller. He had his left arm around my shoulders, his thumb going up and down my arm delicately.
The movie ended and he turned off the TV with the remote, so he wouldn’t have to move.
He looked down at me and smiled. “You’re so close to falling asleep, Em.”
I blinked a few times and covered my mouth when I yawned. “Yep.”
“You can go to sleep if you want.”
“Will you draw a penis on my head?”
He laughed quietly. “No, I won’t.”
“Please don’t draw anything on any part of my body.”
He kissed my forehead. “I promise.”
We slid under the covers and he turned off the light. I swear he whispered “So close.” just before I drifted into unconsciousness.
♠ ♠ ♠
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Leave me comments as presents. (:
What did you guys get? I got some hair straighteners and now I look really emo. Hah XD I'll sort out my hair later.
Love (: x
(Mary is officially my favorite subscriber. No offence to you guys, I'm sure you're all awesome too. Happy Holidays. [= )