Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 40.

Today, I was taking Brendon home for a sleepover. He could finally be taken out of hospital, after what has seemed like years.
I walked up to his bed and saw him sat on the edge, swinging his legs. His hair was a little longer again, but not quite as long as before. His un-noticeable stubble had become noticeable, and it looked kinda… sexy, in a weird way. As sexy as Brendon can get, I suppose.
He looked up and a big smile spread across his face. “Emma!” he called out, clapping. “I would run up to you but I’d trip over because my legs aren’t that strong.”
“Should I run instead?” I smiled.
“Don’t worry.” he smiled back.
I got up to him and hugged him. He squeezed me tightly and made a satisfied noise.
“Man, it’s been nearly two months since I’ve hugged you properly, feels so damn good!” he beamed and squeezed me again.
I laughed lightly and let go of him.
“Damn, you’ve got taller too! It’s like you’ve suddenly hit puberty.”
He laughed. “I know right? Check out the stubble.”
I stroked his cheek and smiled. “It’s actually visible now.”
“I’m a real man now.”
“Yeah, like sex on legs.”
He flashed his bright white teeth and put his arm around my shoulders, resting his head on my arm.
“Can you walk okay now?” I asked.
“Just, but I’ll have to lean on you for a while.”
“Alright.” I nodded.
We started walking and he seemed to be okay. We walked to the downstairs desk and checked him out. He was given an envelope with the bill in. As we walked outside, he opened the bill and toppled backwards as he saw the figure.
He leant against the wall, gripping at his head. “We can’t pay this!” he panicked.
“I’m sure it’s not- whoa, that’s a lot.”
“Uh huh!” he said. “Where the hell are my family gonna find $25,000?”
“My grand-parents can fund for it, I’m sure they wouldn’t mind.”
“No, we don’t work on charity.” he scowled. “Sorry, my mom is very bitter about these things.”
“It’s alright.” I nodded and held his hand. “I borrowed my sisters car so we didn’t have to get the bus.”
“Okay.” he smiled and followed me to the car, getting in the passenger seat. I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot. Brendon sunk into the seat and crossed his legs.
“Do you know where my mom is? I kinda thought she’d be picking me up.”
“She’s working I think. So I’m here instead, sorry.”
He linked his hand with mine and kissed it. “Don’t apologize. It’s nice to have you here.”
I smiled.
About ten minutes later we arrived back at mine and he got out, leaning against the car door to steady himself. “Fuck.” he muttered.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“It annoys me that I can’t walk steadily yet. It’s really frustrating.” he frowned.
I walked round to his side and picked him up bridal style.
“Damn girl!” he said.
I laughed and swung our bags over my shoulder.
“You’re too strong. It’s scary.”
I smiled and kissed his nose, then walked into the house, walking up the stairs and putting him on my bed. I lay down next to him.
“I could’ve walked myself, y’know.”
“I know. But I felt like carrying you.”
He smirked and rolled over so he was straddling me. He held my hands out in front of me.
“You don’t look very happy, B.” I said.
He half-smiled. “No, I am, I’m a little tired and weak now I’m off the medication. Which sucks. But I’m with you so that makes it better.”
There was a faint knock on the door and I saw Henry. “Oh, hey Brendon…” he mumbled.
“Hi.”
“Hey Henry!” I chirped.
He walked over to the side of the bed. “Should I be worried that you’re straddling each other?”
“No, really not.” I laughed.
“Okay.” he smiled. “Well I came over to see if you wanted to catch a movie or something.”
“Yeah, I’d love to, but I’m spending a week-end with Brendon this time. Another day, alright?”
“Alright. See you later.”
He kissed me on the lips once and left.
Brendon was frowning. “He’s clingy, huh?”
“What?”
“I mean, every time I see you he’s always there, or taking you away from me. You’re my best friend, not his.” he said, pointing to his chest with one finger.
“They just happened to cross over, I don’t spend all my time with him.”
“Mmm.” he nodded in disbelief.
“What’s crawled up your ass and died? You’ve been in a mood all day.”
He sighed. “I’m sorry. I’ll take some pills in a minute and it’ll be okay.”
I smiled and he rested his head on my chest. “I’m sorry.”
“I know, you already said.”
“I just, I really missed you and I felt alone for a long time and you’re life seems to be going so well, mine really isn’t.”
I stroked his hair gently. “It’ll all be better now.”
“I hope so.” he said, squeezing my hand. “I want someone to hold.”
“Having a partner isn’t important.”
“You can say that, you’ve got Henry and he adores you. I’ve got no one and no one adores me.”
He sat up and got off of me, sitting up. I sat up too and kissed his forehead.
“I adore you, Bren.”
He sighed and held his knees. “Mmm.”
“No, I do. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”
Brendon half-smiled. “I love you, Em.”
“I love you too. I’ll let you sleep for a while, a good sleep in a nice bed will cheer you up. I’ll wake you up for dinner, then we can watch Aladdin and Finding Nemo with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and loads of Pepsi.”
He smiled. “You’re too awesome, and thank you.”
“No problem.” I grinned, kissed his cheek softly and got off the bed, throwing the comforter over him. “Sweet dreams, little one.”
“Good night.” he yawned, cuddling into the pillow.
I shut the curtains then walked downstairs, leaving him be.

Poor Brendon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like, seriously. There are 63 subscribers on this thing... and I got three comments.
If you guys hate it, then sure, tell me, I want to know what I'm doing wrong or doing right.
But you're not really telling me D;
Mary, rivals are insane and Boredom Is My Battle are pretty consistent.
But the rest of you guys? Come on, pretty please? :D

5 comments wouldn't be too much to ask for, would it? I'll make the next a long one.