Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 68.

I was currently in the back yard, laying down on the grass on a warm, sunny Saturday. I’d done nothing all day except some art homework, then came outside to tan.

All in all, pretty peaceful.

Until, of course, the crazy boyfriend showed up.

“Hello h- WHOA!” he shouted, recoiling and covering his eyes with his hands.
“Nice to see you too Brendon.” I chuckled, sitting up and taking off my sunglasses.
“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you scarcely clad before. Seriously, that bikini might as well be made out of cellophane. Or those sex ones made out of candy. Do you think people actually eat those?”
Brendon must have been particularly nervous because when he is, he rambles and tries to change the topic very quickly and unsubtly. Plus his cheeks very bright red.
“Bren, just give me your shirt or something, then we can talk, okay?”
“Can we make out too?”
I smirked. “If you so wish.”

He whipped off his shirt and threw it in my direction, so I quickly slipped it on over my head, pulling it down.
“It’s safe now!”
He peeked through his fingers and smiled, taking away his hands, then sitting down on the green grass too. Soon it would become brown because of the damn Vegas summers. The spring time is hot enough for the most of us.
“So.” he said, pushing his hands through his hair. “I just wanted to make sure you’re okay.”
“Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked, smiling.
“Because you changed back in the space of a few days. Which is a pretty big switch back, in such a short time, don’t you think?”
“Honestly?”
“Nothing less.” he nodded.
“I didn’t think anyone had noticed. Or if they had, they preferred the new me, y’know? So I stuck to it. And then everything started to go wrong, and you were the catalyst for the whole thing, meaning that I reverted back to my old ways. I did it like a trial, and it seemed to work… so I think I owe you both an apology and a thank you.”
“Why an apology?” he asked, tilting his head to the right.
“Because I fucked you around with my stupid emotions.”
“Yeah, you did.” he nodded, looking very serious, then breaking out into a big smile. He placed his hands on my shoulders and slowly pushed me down, so my back was on the grass. He then climbed on top of me, pretty much straddling me.
“What are you doing?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.
“You know, I’m not all that sure. Most things I do make no sense.”
“That is true.” I smiled and pouted to give him the hint. He smiled back, cupped my face and kissed me softly. I hummed happily into his plump lips and placed my right hand on top of his, kissing back just as tenderly.
His hand slid from my face to my hair, twirling it slightly, his lips parting ever so slowly, his tongue pushing past my teeth and twisting with my own. I had to hand it to him, Brendon was a damn good kisser. Or maybe I just enjoyed kissing him the most. Or both, which is also probable.
“Get off of her.” growled a loud, booming voice from behind us, that had to be my dad.
I smirked internally, not allowing Brendon to break away, in order to spite my dad. I’d put up with his shit for too long, and now he had to suffer. Well, suffer by watching his daughter have another tongue in her mouth, making out with her boyfriend.
I lifted my hips up slightly, so both of our bodies went up, then ran my hand down Brendon’s torso. It would irk my father more that Brendon had no shirt on, and I had no pants, just bikini bottoms. Hah – idiot.
I would’ve continued kissing him, had he not been ripped apart from me.
“You do what I say, child! As long as you live under my roof, you play by my rules. No more boyfriends until the end of college. Now scarper Urie, so I can properly deal with my daughter.”
“No.” I said simply. This was the first time I’d really stood up to my father.
“No?”
“No!” I said, standing up, a little louder this time. “Brendon can stay and you can’t control me any more.”
“Do you want a home, huh? Do you want to do well in this world? You won’t with him dragging you down, Ezme!”
“Whoa, back up. He is not dragging me down. Where’s mom? I’m sure she’d love to know how you beat me. If you really cared, then you would have realized that the other day, I wasn’t here at all! I was down at the lagoon, all day and all night!”
“Don’t you dare take that tone.” he spat, face reddening.
“I’ll take whatever tone I want, considering I could place you in jail for what you’ve done to me.” I spat back. I knew I’d gone too far, but I couldn’t stop, not now.

So he took one large, forceful swipe to my jaw, which to be honest, I was half-expecting. Just not for it to hurt as much as it did, sending me staggering back. I would have hit back, but I couldn’t. I just fell to the ground, speechless, because no matter how hard I’d tried, I was still the weak one. I was still weaker than him, and I should know my place, and I shouldn’t disrespect him as I do, and-

Brendon did it instead.

He’d been silent through our whole row, and I thought he’d gone home, but he stayed, and punched my father with everything he had. And he didn’t just do it the one time, he did it over, and over, and over. I don’t know what it was, but something was fueling him, and it was so strong that my dad only managed one hit back, grazing Brendon’s cheek.
“Bren.” I mumbled, but he wouldn’t stop. “Bren!” I said a little louder.
I had to get up and lock my arms with his, pulling him away, before he killed my dad. He was breathing heavily and his knuckles were bleeding, but he sunk backwards and leaned into me.
“I’m sorry.” he whispered breathily. “I saw that you were cracking again, and something inside of me snapped when he hurt you, and I just, I don’t know what came over me Em.”
He relaxed and turned around, holding me close to him. “Soon, and then no more cracks.” he mumbled into my hair as I stroked up and down his bare spine carefully.
“Brendon, are you alright?”
“I think, I think I need some water.” he nodded, swaying slightly as I let go of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dramaaaa. I hate drama. I also hate it when stories go all cliché, like this one has, and I really want to re-write the whole thing. But I hate it even more when people delete the whole damn story and start again.

So I'll try and make it normal after this one. Thanks for sticking with me :D

Comments are wonderful. Off to go meet the boyfriend. (Well, not really. He wants to be my boyfriend, but I don't want to be his girlfriend. Yes, I feel bad. And it's too complicated to explain here.)

Love you long time. (: