Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 71.

“Ezme, time to get up, school starts in an hour.” said my mom through the door, tapping on it lightly. I quickly darted out of bed, throwing the covers off of me and running to the door, pulling it open to reveal my mother, who I hadn’t seen in almost two months. She’d been on a business trip, so had had no idea everything that had happened to me. Most importantly, the beatings that dad had given me. I’m sure he wouldn’t have done any of it if mom was still here.
“Mom.” I smiled and hugged her tightly. She smiled too and held me close.
“Hello darling. Good to see you missed me.” she laughed lightly.
“Of course I missed you! So much has happened since you’ve been gone!”
“Well, you can catch me up later, because I have to make sure Jemima gets ready. We can talk over breakfast, okay?”
“Okay.” I nodded and let go of her, returning to my room and shutting the door. I quickly showered, got dressed, glad that I could start wearing my real summer attire because the weather was getting better and better each day, then bent over and began brushing my hair. My eyes widened as I saw Brendon stood on my window ledge as I brushed my hair. I stood back up and threw the brush to one side, then opened the window, giving him a hand as he climbed in. He leaned in to kiss me but I recoiled.

“No kiss? What have I done?” he questioned, pouting.
“How long have you been there?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.
“Only a little while.”
“Did you see me naked?”
He blushed furiously. “No…”
I gasped. “You did! Oh my God…”
“No, I didn’t! You were in a towel so I turned around and waited for a bit. See, I’m not that bad a guy.”
“I never said you were a bad guy.” I smiled and leaned forwards, finally giving him his greeting kiss. He smiled into it and slipped his arms around my waist.
“Morning, Emma.”
“Morning.” I grinned. “You staying for breakfast?”
“I’ve already had some noodles, but sure, why not.” he chuckled and let go of me, skipping out of my room, downstairs.
“Only you, Brendon!” I called out as I followed him down the stairs. “Only you would have noodles for breakfast!”
“Yes, but you love it.” he beamed from the bottom of the stairs, outstretching his arm so when I reached the bottom we would be holding hands. We walked into the kitchen, and there sat my mom, dad, Jemima and Kat. They all looked up at us, smiling, except my dad, who had to force one to look normal. Dad still had a pretty beaten face, but no one questioned it because he was in the police force, so we always assumed he’d got into a fight with a criminal.
“Oh, hello Brendon.” grinned my mom.
My dad muttered something about having to leave early, so gave her a kiss on the cheek then left quickly.
“Hey, Mrs. G.” he said politely back and we sat down. Jemima finished her cereals, so went off to go watch TV. I rifled through the cupboards to find some cereal, chose a box and poured myself a bowl.
“Can you get me some too?” he asked, wriggling around on his stool.
“Get it yourself, lazy.” I smirked.
“Awh please?” he pouted. “I love you!”
“Oh, fine.” I gave in and poured him some, adding some milk and passing him the bowl.
“Thank you!” he chimed and tucked in. I sat down next to him and began eating.
“So what did I miss?” asked mom.
“Um.” I paused. “I can’t actually think.”
“I’m offended.” scoffed Brendon. “Well, I’ll tell you Mrs. G because your daughter seems to have forgotten the best thing to happen to her. I, Brendon Urie, am in love with your daughter. But she’s forgotten me!” he gasped, mocking horror.
“Aww Bren, I didn’t forget you.” I smiled and slipped an arm around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder.
“So you two are… dating?”
“Yup.” we said in unison.
“What happened to Alex and Henry? And weren’t you gay, Brendon?”
“Things of the past.” I said.
“And I’m half-gay. So bisexual. But half-gay sounds better in front of parents because there isn’t the word ‘sexual’ in it.”
My mom laughed. “Okay, okay. So we’ll be seeing a lot more- well, you’re here a lot anyway, so I guess we’ll continue to see you.”
“Damn straight!” he chimed and my mom laughed again. I’m glad that she loved Brendon just as much as I did, and found his insanity funny.
We soon finished our breakfast and grabbed our bags to go to school. I said bye to my mom and Kat, then we left the house.

“She doesn’t know, does she?” was the first thing he asked when we stepped outside, hand in hand.
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
“The beatings, Em. Your mom doesn’t know about them. So she doesn’t know that I live in my car, and that we’re going to be living together soon, and that-”
“No, she doesn’t know anything.” I mumbled, looking down. “And you’re living with me until we find a place, okay?”
“There’s no way I’m intruding like that I’m-”
“Okay?” I asked, a little more sternly.
“Fine.” he sighed. “But only if you tell her. If you don’t, then I will. But if you decide to do it yourself, I’ll be there for you.”
“Thanks.” I smiled. “Can we not talk about this? I want to be all happy and care free again.”
He smiled and kissed my hand. “Yeah, okay. Oh, and I love you.”
“I love you too.” I said and kissed his cheek. “I’m coming to band practice on Saturday so expect to see me there.”
“Really? That’s awesome! You haven’t been in like, a year!”

A car whizzed past, braking suddenly and winding the window down. Chelsea stuck out her head and hollered at us.
“Hey, Ezme, want a ride?”
“I’m fine thank you.” I smiled.
“Are you sure? We can take Urie too.”
“No, we’re cool, but thanks for the offer.”
“Alright, see you at school.” she nodded and continued her journey.

Brendon had let go of my hand and was playing with his fingers, as if he was nervous.
“Bren are you… okay?”
“Oh, what? Yeah, yeah, I’m fine.”
I slung my arm around his shoulders. “Really?” I asked as we approached the school, pushing open the main door. We walked along the hallway.
“Don’t take this the wrong way.” he said, looking at me.
“Promise.”
He gulped and continued. “I’m… I’m worried that we’ll go too far.”
“What?”
“Like, I’m worried we’ll go too far too quickly.”
Well, Ryan had hit the nail on the head before. Damn, he knew us too well.
“I won’t pressure you into sex, Brendon. We’ve still got a few months before anything happens-”
“It’s not that!” he shouted, but not in an aggressive way. “Like, every time I see you I just want to grab you and make out with you and, ugh, I don’t know how to put it without it making me seem like a horny bastard.”
“I don’t, I don’t get it.”
“I know.” he sighed. “I don’t either. Can we arrange some time to go that little bit further and see how it is? I know how weird this sounds, I know, I’m just weirded out.”
Normally, if a guy was to use some excuse like this, I think it would be a lame way of trying to get into my pants, but Brendon isn’t like that. Plus he’s an awful liar.
“Well, I guess so. It is weird, but you are, so it should be expected.”
“Thank you.” he smiled and kissed my cheek. I pulled him into another hug and he rubbed my back tenderly. He gave me a squeeze then moved his to face so his lips were just by my ear.
“We have seven minutes until the bell.” he whispered. “How about a little making out?”
I smirked. “Sure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is odd. So I'll put up another update for you guys.

x