Well, I'll Wait 'Til You Listen, I Won't Say a Word

In Which A Kiss Occurs.

“Me?”
I gulped. It was too late to take it back now. But I really did mean it.
“Yeah. You,” I said reluctantly.
“Wow.” Adam said. He let go of me, his eyes confused and awestruck.
“Is this a good wow or a bad wow?” I asked, with a lame attempt at a joke.
“Good,” he was looking directly at me now. “I like you too. But I thought after today, with the way you acted…I thought you hated me,” he laughed. “I guess I was wrong. Which happens pretty often, actually.”
I laughed. We were quiet for a moment. It was starting to get dark, the sky was a light purple-blue.
“Lane?”
“Yeah, Adam?”
“Can I ask you something?”
“Sure.”
“Well,” he stopped to take a breath. He held out his hand to me, and I took it. “Since we both know about our, uh…feelings. I was wondering…” he paused again, unsure. “Could I kiss you?”
I smiled. This boy was amazing. “I’d love you to.”
He put his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. He kissed me gently, and I felt the grin on his lips.
He held me in his arms for a few minutes afterwards.
“You’re the best girl I’ve ever met, Lanie,” he whispered in my ear.
Eventually, we made our way to the parking lot, still holding hands. After I gave him a kiss on the cheek, Adam drove off into the night.
Heading to my car, I was thinking hard. I was so happy and yet…
I still had no idea what I was going to do about Matt.

[Short update, sorry. I'll try to make it longer next time.]