Well, I'll Wait 'Til You Listen, I Won't Say a Word

In Which I Talk To Nathan.

Adam and I talked and joked the whole way to his house. At one point, I took out my cell phone to try and call Matt, but the battery was dead. Adam said I could call him from his house.
My head was still throbbing, but I was starting to feel better. And I know what was helping me: Adam. I swear, the way he acts and his smile could fix anything.
We finally got to his house. Adam held my hand and led me inside.
“Why don’t you go up to my room. You know where it is. I have to talk to my mom.” He said.
“Yeah, sure. I’ll see you in a second.” I gave his hand a squeeze and then started up the stairs.

I passed an opened door that was blaring music on the way down the hallway. I looked in to see Nathan, Adam’s brother, lying shirtless on the bed, wearing only pajama bottoms. He noticed me, and his eyebrows shot up about a mile.
“It’s you again!” he said, sitting up. “Lane, right?”
I laughed. “Yeah. Nathan, right?”
He grinned. “Adam doesn’t shut up about you.”
“Ahaha. Is that so?”
Nathan nodded. “And I want to thank you.”
“For what?”
“For making him happy. I lost him for a while, you know.” He paused. “He told you about dad, right?” I nodded. “Yeah, well this is the first he’s been happy in a long while. He’s almost back to the way he was before dad passed.”
“Ah, well. No problem. Glad I could help him.” I was blushing.

I got to Adam’s bedroom and sat on the bed, deep in thought. I had really helped him that much? I hadn’t realized that he was depressed like that. I was happy that I’d ‘cured’ him, so to speak. And he’d definately done the same for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and long overdue, I know. Sorry, guys.