And I'm in Love, With Everything You Do

Have You Heard About The New Girl On The Block

“Are you sure this gonna work?”, Josh asked in whispers as they set up their gears for band practice. “I mean, this is the first day Stephen wants to come out and practice.”

“Don’t be such a pessimist.”, Jess rolled her eyes as she pulled out her drum sticks from her back pockets.

When they heard footsteps, walking towards the garage, they shut their mouths and positioned theirselves. “Hey, Stephen.”, Jess greeted.

Stephen just nodded and slung his bass across his torso and they started the practice with She’s Got The Rhythm. When he played his bass, all he could see was Chelsea in his mind. Stephen wanted to stop, but he knew he couldn’t. by the time they finished with the song, a girl appeared on the driveway, with her skateboard in hand.

“You guys are awesome.”, she grinned.

“Devon!”, Jess practically stood up from her stool and ran towards the girl, throwing her arms around her. “Oh my god, you’re here!”

The girls just kept on squealing for a minute until Jess pulled away and dragged ‘Devon’ to the garage. “Devon, I want you to meet my bandmates, John, Brian, Josh, and Stephen.”

“Hi guys!”, Devon waved her hand a little to the guys. the guys murmured hellos and after a little chit chat, they started the practice again, with Cross Your Fingers. Devon sat on the bean bag as she watched them play.

Her eyes lingered on Stephen. She found something attractive about him, and mysterious. Her heart beats faster when she looked him on the eyes, and when he would accidentally peeked to her from the corner of his eyes. it feels like her heart would just leap out from her chest.

When they were done, they took a break and Devon took this chance to talk with Stephen. “Hey.”

“Hi.”, Stephen replied, uninterested.

“Uhm, you play really good.”

“Thanks.”

Devon hates this kind of awkward silent. She’s a talkative person, and this really bugs her. “So, is John your brother?”

“Look.”, he snapped and turned his head over to her. “I’m not in the mood for chit chat, or even meeting new people. So you could just talk with the others.”

Those words stabbed Devon’s heart. “Fine, don’t be such a dick.”

She stood up and skated out from the garage and disappeared when she turned left on the sidewalks. A rush of guilt ran in Stephen’s mind. Maybe he doesn’t even know her or give a damn about her, but he was being rude to her.

“Where’s Devon?”, Jess asked when she walked back into the garage. “Stephen, where is she?”

“She left.”

“Why? What did you say to her?”, She half yelled.

“I only told her I’m not in the mood for a little chit chat!”, he yelled back.

“Guys!”, Brian came between them before they strangle each other. “Cut it out.”

“Seriously, you don’t need to shut everyone who’s trying to be a part of your life.”, Jess muttered before she walked back into the house.

Stephen groaned and stomped out to the front yard. The sun beats down and he remembered that they have to play Warped Tour this summer, and it’ll start in two weeks. He kicked some small rocks of frustration.

“Stephen!”

He turned around and saw John, jogging towards him. “Dude, what’s up with Jess?”

“She yelled at me cause’ I was rude to her friend.”

“She kind of got a point there.”

“So you’re on her side now?”, Stephen narrowed his eyes to his brother. “You’re my fucking brother.”

John sighed and shook his head. “No, I’m not on her side or anyone sides.”

“And now, Jess won’t talk to me.”

“Just apologize to her.”

“Why should I?”

“You want this band to break up?”
Stephen pushed that thought to the back of his mind and sighed. He started to walk towards the garage and found Jess, sitting next to Brian on the old couch.

“Jess, I’m sorry.”, I started as I stood in front of her.

Jess looked up and her lips were still forming a frown. “Fine, but you need to do something.”

“What?”

“Go to her house, apologize yourself.”
***************
Stephen knocked the front door of the Williams’ residence. Soft but rushed footsteps were heard from inside and the door swung open.

“What’re you doing here?”, Devon asked him coolly. “You said you don’t want to meet new people.”

“I’m sorry I was being a dick to you. I just had a really horrible week, so…I’m sorry.”

Devon got her arms wrapped and looked at Stephen like she was stabbing daggers onto his eyes. she sighed. “Fine.”

“I hope we could start over?”

She smiled and stuck her hand out. “Devon.”

“Stephen.”, he took her hand and shook it.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for the comments,but i need some subscribers fosho!:D
<3