The World Is Ugly

Chapter Fifteen

Mikey’s POV

Frank had been terrible for weeks; he was always so upset and he hardly ever talked anymore. I didn’t blame Gerard for any of this, I only blamed Dad. I had the urge to tell Frank all of Gerard’s plans but I had been ordered not to by Gerard. He loved Frank but he didn’t want him to get his hopes up if the plan failed. I think I would prefer Frank getting his hopes up rather than having him being depressed all of the time. Gerard was just so incredibly stubborn sometimes.

I knew that Frank was at school today, I’d seen him but for some unexplained reason he didn’t turn up for lunch. Alicia had decided to come over and sit with me instead of her friends because she didn’t want me to be alone. I would’ve smiled at her thoughtfulness if I wasn’t so worried about Frank. Alicia noticed and didn’t seem offended, which was a good thing. My first thought was that Frank was getting beaten up by the Jocks, but then I remembered that they hadn’t bothered him in awhile. Ever since he stopped reacting to their beatings they sort of gave up. It was almost incredible how it worked. They also wanted to stay away from him since he looked pretty suicidal and they didn’t want to be the reason that he killed himself.

The bell went and I still hadn’t seen Frank. I said a quick goodbye to Alicia before walking off in search of Frank. I knew I couldn’t go to class not knowing where he was or if he was okay. I checked to see if he was with the school nurse, but she hadn’t seen him at all. I spent the whole lesson walking around the school trying to find him. I eventually entered one of the bathrooms to check. When I walked in I noticed a small figure huddled up in the corner, below the sinks. I went over to him and wrapped the sobbing thing into the hug. We sat there for probably an hour. When he stopped crying I suggested going home. He nodded and stood up from his huddled position. He grabbed my hand and helped me up. I almost gasped when I felt how thin his hands. The walk to his place was mainly silent except for me checking how he was every few minutes.

When we arrived at his house, I made sure that he was safe and comfortable in his bed. I turned to leave the room when he grabbed my arm. I looked back at him; he looked so small and helpless.
“Don’t leave,” he whispered.
I nodded and slid onto the bed next to him. He cuddled into my side with his head on my chest. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes. With his hand resting on me he slowly fell asleep. I used my spared hand to soothing play with his hair. Gerard always did it and Frank always loved it. I took a deep breath in and waited for him to wake up. It would be awhile, but I couldn’t just leave him alone.

As I thought I couldn’t help but worry about the future. Would Gerard’s plan work? Or would Frank find out? Hopefully the latter didn’t happen. If it did, then Frank would be an utter wreck. He’s always had trust issues; they were coming back out again. Hopefully everything would be alright.

Gerard’s POV

My plan was going to work; I had a big gut feeling. I was now allowed out of my room a bit more since dad knew I was dating Lindsey. I’d decided to yet again gather the whole family in the lounge room to tell them. I was shocked to find that Mikey wasn’t back from school yet. What the hell? Where could he possibly be?
“Where is he?” I asked mum.
“He called me to say that he’s spending the night at a friend’s house,” she answered.
Friends? Mikey only had one friend and that was Frank...oh, I get it know. He knows anyway so I could just tell them.
“Mum, Dad, I have something to tell you,” I stated.
“Spit it out boy,” Dad ordered.
“Lindsey’s pregnant,” I told them.
The room was silent for a second. I had made sure that I worded it correctly. They can’t call me a liar since I had said that she was pregnant which was true. I just ‘forgot’ mention that I wasn’t the father. Mum was so delighted with the news; she loved babies. Though I noticed something unusual in her eyes; like some emotion was kept contained. Dad looked like he had accomplished something.
“Good on you! I see that you’ve gotten over all that gay nonsense!” he exclaimed.
“Yeah...” I said, not looking him in the eye.
That was definitely a lie.

I hope this plan was going to work and I hoped that no one would be hurt by this...especially Frank. Everyone was ecstatic, well except for Mikey and I.
♠ ♠ ♠
D= another update....

Comments welcome..

Thanks to:
Lotte_music
Danny Worsnop.
figwmwrtbb