Status: new; cowriten; comment and subscribe ? :D

I Need Something To Pick Me Up

You can break me down if it makes you feel right

[img] http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz188/allweknow-isfalling/l_25b26ab9736e4e2699643d43bc913250.jpg[/img]

Cori had practically drug me by my arm over to where the guys were standing. I could feel my whole body shaking in fear. All my thoughts started to run through my mind again and i could feel my shaking get worse. As soon as we got there Adam and Cori got right to talking with no problems. He asked us how we were feeling and if we were ready to get started. Of course Cori was the one who answered all of the questions because we both knew i would never be able to get one single word out. He asked us how we got started and how long we have been playing together, all of the normal stuff that people would usually wonder about us.

All was going well and i could tell Cori was about to end the discussion and tell them we needed to go for our sound check so i started to mellow out. Then Adam asked the question that i hadn't prepared myself for even though Cori already warned me.

"Brad and I want to stick around and watch if it's cool with you guys." I held my breath in and wanted to object quickly before anything could be said, but Cori was already on it.

"We don't mind" she replied with a smile bigger then i have ever seen. I wanted to say that it wasn't a good idea or come up with some excuse as to why they shouldn't come. But there were two major flaws to my plan. One I knew every excuse i could manage to come up with would be way to lame. Secondly, Cori was so happy and excited for this and i couldn't possibly take that away from her.

We walked toward the stage but they were going to slow for my liking so i walked a little way ahead of them. Cori was still talking with Adam about anything and everything. So i focused on my footsteps to make sure i made it without falling on my face. I was going along good until Brad cut in to ask another frightening question.

"Is she alright see seems terrified?" He questioned Cori about my weird behavior. He was right i am usually a very shy person but even i started to notice that it has never been this bad. I had no idea how Cori was so calm and collected, she has been talking to Adam like shes known him for the longest time, it all seemed so easy for her.

"Yes she's fine. She is just a very shy person she will come around soon." Cori answered with a little laugh, then continued. "It doesn't seem like it right now but once she starts playing her music she snaps to life." Brad smiled and said something that made all three of them laugh but i was trying to hard to focus again. His question caught me so off guard that as i was walking up the steps to the stage i tripped and fell.

"Ow! Damn it that hurt like hell" I yelled then started laughing when i heard Cori bust. She ran over and helped me up as we were both laughing hysterically. She turned back to the guys and tried to explain but it was a long story that they would have to wait for some other time to hear.

"Lets get this started" Cori said as she started playing a few chords of different songs then decided on 'Check my Brain' so i followed her lead. She sang a verse of that then stopped for a minute.

"Kiley, lets pick on 'the king of generosity is a two-faced bitch'. Hey Adam can you get me a chair please." We started in on it and we had a shaky start but it evened out quickly as we moved through the first verse. This was song was my personal favorite of our because of the story behind it and the amazing bass line it had. We got through the first verse when Cori suddenly stopped.

"Shit, I cant do this." she said and ran off stage to the side. " looked to Adam and Brad and mouthed the words 'I'm sorry one second' then ran after her. She had sat down on the edge of the steps and had her face buried in her hands.

"Cori whats wrong? What happened?" i questioned. She lifted her tear stained face and just shook her head.

"Nothing I'm fine." she finally answered in a whisper. Her you could hear the tears in her voice but she didn't want to admit it.

"Darlin' i have known you for way to long for you to be lying to me like this. Please tell me what happened." i replied. She didn't answer for a long time, and she didn't even move. Until something snapped in her and she jumped up and i grabbed her in a hug and let her cry into my shoulder. I knew something was wrong and she would eventually tell me. I just had to give her a little time. I've known Cori for a long time and we have been great friends but something told me that there was something i didn't know about just yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a little different then the original but you didn't read the original so its all good hehe.. Umm i hope i didnt disappoint didnt disappoint and comments are loved by both of us (: