Status: Complete, check out the sequel:)

In Fear of Life

Chapter Twentyseven.

Adam

During the middle of eating delicious chocolate chip pancakes (Rayy couldn't find the blueberries until after he made them and I found them in 2.3 seconds, hehe), we had decided that even though today is Monday, we are sooo not going to school today.

The phone rings and we all ensue in the 'you're closer, you're not even sitting, come onnn, pleaseee?' game. After a minute, Matt huffs and answers it. "Hello? Mmm..yeah. He's right here." And hands the phone to me, a worried look on his face.

I take it from his hands. "Hello?" I instantly recognize Gus's mom's voice.

"Adam, sweetie? Do you think you could come over today? Gus has been in a little accident..Uhm.." Her voice cracks. "Well..more than a little accident, actually. Gus is really scared, and wants to see you-" I hear her murmur something to someone. "And your friends over right away."

Worried, I ask. "Wait, what happened? Is he okay?!" But she just repeats his request of me and my friends coming over. After I hang up, I kind of look around the kitchen for a moment. Rayy, chewing on a bit of his pancake; Matt, looking scared and biting his nails; Jake, smoking another cigarette, looking like he could care less. I stand up and move towards the door. Matt follows.

"What's going on? Where are you going? Answer me, Adam!" He grabs my arm and I stare into his eyes.

"Something's happened. With Gus. And I wasn't there. He..he's my best friend, and I didn't even think of him last night. I have to go. You.." I stare at Rayy and Jake, who both came after us. "You guys come, too. He said for me to bring my friends?" They nod and don't question me because of how serious my face is.

Matt grabs my coat and shoes and gets his own on. We walk out to the car, and Jake shovels at the tires a bit and we defrost before we head out. A minute later we're there, and I'm opening the door without knocking. Gus's mom is sitting down on the chair, knuckles white, and you can tell she's been crying. Gus is sitting on the couch, eyes closed. The first thing I think is, 'He's dead..'

And I collapse, breaking out in tears, before Rayy lifts me up and I look over again to see Gus sitting up with tired eyes. I run over and jump on him, hugging the life outta him, before his mom screeches, "Don't hurt him! He's got stitches!" And I jump right back off.

Matt steps forward. "What happened?"

Gus looks at me, pale. "I have to warn you, and I'm not even sure if I'm right."

"What is it?" I ask, scared. Gus looks at me with terrified eyes.

"I think...I think I met Logan." And I promptly faint.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looking back over this story is like reading a really old diary: Weird and slightly painful.

Sorry it's so short.

Comment for new chapter! Almost done!