It's Complicated

Dad

I stood in front of the trailer in disbelief. This, was where Paine lived? It looked like one of those abandoned trailer’s you’d find in the woods. You know, the ones with the door hanging off its hinges and broken windows and dirt covering the sides.

Yeah it reminded me of that.

Of course it had windows and the door was on, but it was run down, dirty, a place that I couldn’t see Paine living in. But this was the address Ronnie gave me and I don’t think he’d fuck around with me. Sighing, I walked up to the door and took in a deep breath before knocking on the door.

There was no car in the drive way so I was guessing the footsteps I heard were Paine’s. I was right, because moments later the door opened and Paine stood in front of me.

“Noah, how’d you get here?” Paine asked curiously, a blanket wrapped around him and a tissue in hand. So he really was sick. Thank God.

“I just wanted to check up on you,” I answered, walking into his house and looking around. It was a hell of a lot cleaner on the inside, but there was the occasional beer bottle lying around or a stain here or there. I followed Paine to the back of the trailer.

His room was pretty average with a dresser, TV, and a bed. There were a few posters and clothes lying on the floor, but it wasn’t a very big room so he could hardly fit anything else.

“How are you feeling?” I asked, sitting next to him on his bed.

Paine cuddled into the blankets and answered, “I went to the doctors this morning and I got some medicine. I’m feeling better today than I was yesterday.”

I ran my fingers through his hair. Feeling his forehead, I felt some heat and frowned. I felt kind of bad now that I didn’t believe him when he claimed to be sick. I had every right though…I mean his parents aren’t the best in the world. So I had the right to worry…right?

“Do you want something to eat?”

“Nah, I’m good,” Paine answered, reaching up to grab me and bring me down. I chuckled and cuddled into his chest while he rested his head on top of mine.

“You’re going to get me sick.”

“So?”

I laughed and sighed. “I’m just saying.”

Paine and I were silent afterwards. He held me tightly in his arms and I enjoyed feeling his body being so close. I inhaled through my nose and his delicious scent hit my nostrils. Damn, he really is amazing isn’t he?

“I missed you,” Paine whispered, his lips connecting with my head.

I felt my cheeks burn and a smile formed on my lips. Can you blame me though? “I missed you too.”

Sadly, I couldn’t stay forever. Before long, Paine said I had to leave before his father returned. I frowned, gave him a kiss, and left with a smile on my face.

I was so glad that he was ok. Well, he isn’t ok, he’s sick, but I was happy that he wasn’t hurt. Hopefully he’ll feel better soon and I won’t be all alone in school. I have Ronnie, but not all day.

Mom, dad, and I were pigging out on our dinner. We were eating sloppy joe’s, which are the shit might I add. My face was a mess when the phone rang and I answered, “Hello?”

Paine was on the other line, screaming about how he leveled up on WoW. If I were in an anime, I would have sweat dropped. Was he honestly calling me to tell me about that game? Holy cheese and rice he’s such a loser. Why the hell am I dating him again?

Oh yeah, because he’s amazing.

“Paine, I’m eating.”

“But this is important,” he laughed. “I got a level 80 paladin!”

I rubbed my temple and sighed, “That’s great babe, but can I finish eating?”

“Me? Sure.”

“Paine!”

“Right, sorry love.”

My cheeks burned at the “nickname.” I grumbled a good-bye and hung up to find my parents smiling at me. I rolled my eyes and snapped, “Keep eating.”

“So how are you and lover boy doing?” Dad asked, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I coughed on my food. “W-We’re good…w-why?”

“You know, I’m fine with you have sex-”

“Dad! Please, food, right here!”

“But I want you to be safe.”

“Dad!”

“So, tell Paine to wear a condom.”

“Who the hell said I was bottom?”

“What? You honestly think you could top!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha...that took me FOREVER
My excuse?
Lazy-ness

Comment&Subscribe?