Status: at the start

His Second Chance

Listen to me

Weirdly, this stuff still had the same effect on me always, movies. I had tried to stay awake, but I didn't know how long I could keep it up. Finally, a yawn had escaped my lips and I hoped he couldn’t hear.

It was his chuckle that signaled me he knew, making it safe for me to look at him, “You’re tired.” He pronounced.

I shook my head, “Nooo.” I had held out the o’s because another yawn had crept up on me.

“Do you want my shoulder?” He asked smiling with hope.

“Would it be awkward,” I asked hesitantly.

He took a breath in to think, “Not to me.”

I nodded, “I’ll take you up on that offer, but you’re going to have to move over here.”

His eyes were lit as he moved over just enough so I was able to rest my head on him, “Don’t freak out okay.” He whispered as I nodded. His arm had started to move upward, the one I had started to lean against, and the next moment it was around my shoulder.

I smiled readjusting myself so that we fit like we use to, right.

I didn’t know where the time had went, I also didn’t remember what had gone on in the movie. I just remember my eyes shutting close and I started to have good dreams once again.

-

“Hey, that’s not fair.” I heard a voice accuse which sounded a lot like Chris’.

“Yes it is,” Another voice said sounding like Nick’s.

My eyes fluttered open, there were four boys in front of me playing Halo. I didn’t really move, yet looked around.

I could see that the sun had gone down a bit, which probably meant that it was almost lunch or dinner. Both of my hands were wrapped around something and I looked down to see blue shirt, which moved up and down like a steady beat.

It was one thing to fall asleep here in this house, it was also another thing to fall asleep on Joe. I tried to move just a bit, but it was hard trying not to wake him up. His arm wrapped around my shoulders and his head was lightly against mine. I had to move though.

I got up gently, causing him to stir a bit, yet not enough to wake him up. I yawned as his arm collided into his side and the boys seemed to notice.

“Good evening sleepy head,” Jay commented as they all snickered.

“Please don’t say anything,” I replied getting up to explore their kitchen.

“We’re about to leave in like two hours Kris,” Chris added.

“So, your point is?” I replied, “Nick where is Joe’s junk food?”

“Hey don’t you dare touch my junk food!” I heard Joe answer and I turned to see him, eyes still closed.

“Nick where is it?” I asked once again.

“In the back of the third shelf from the top,” Nick replied and I smiled seeing a Hershey wrapper.

“Thank you.” I replied starting to move the cans in front around.

“Kris I mean it, there better not be anything missing.” Joe stated once again.

“Joseph you are sleeping. Stay quiet,” I laughed almost close to his treasure.

As I had finally grabbed onto the candy bar, a pair of arm snaked around my waist and picked me up causing me to laugh, “Put down the bar and you go down to,” the voice whispered.

“Can’t we just share it,” I asked.

“No,” he whined as I laughed a bit harder.

“Joe! Put me down,” I wiggled trying to make his arms become loose. It didn’t work out. His feet were moving and I was scared he was going to make us run into a wall or something and I closed my eyes.

After a while, we had stopped and I felt us land on a soft area. I opened my eyes to face a smiling Joe who was on top of a blue cover.

“Are we in your room?” I asked facing him.

He nodded, “Didn’t want them to say anything embarrassing.”

I rolled my eyes with a smile as I turned on my back to prop myself up with my elbows taking a look around.

His walls were empty, the room was bare. I frowned.

“What’s wrong?” He asked sitting up.

“Your room isn’t you,” I simply stated trying to find a bit of color.

“Uhm, I don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s me,” He answered.

“No, you are Joe. Great, happy, funny, sweet, caring, loving Joe.” I said shaking my head as I looked around, “This is depressing.”

“Well I’ve been feeling that for a while now.” He said.

“You were depressed,” I whispered.

He nodded, “It’s not that bad anymore though. I’m not depressed now, kind of angry you had
to see it like this but I’m not sad anymore.”

“I feel horrible. I caused you this pain and I can never take it back. I’m so sorry,” my whisper became harsh.

“Hey,” He said grabbing my hand, “Don’t worry about the past okay, we’re here now, with one another. We can redecorate if you want okay.”

“Why are you being so nice to me,” I asked locking my eyes with his.

He searched through mine and moved a strand of my hair back and sighed, “Because I love you and because I can.”

Just that sentence made my emotions run wild. It wasn’t that I was sad, but I didn’t really think I’d ever hear those words in reality. I had thought that it was just occur in my dreams.
Unfortunately, I was crying and he had taken it the wrong way.

“Kris, why are you crying?” He asked engulfing me into a hug.

I shook my head choking the words out, “They’re tears of joy.”

He pulled away and bit his lip, “Do you love me?”

I pulled away, wiping my eyes a bit smiling, “I will always love you Joe.”

He nodded and looked down at my lips, then looking back up to my eyes. I nodded
agreeing, trying to hide my smile a little. He started to lean in, my heart began to race. As soon as our lips touched, our connection was back.

It was as if nothing had ever changed, as if we had just seen each other after a really long break. After the few hesitant seconds, the kiss became eager and passionate.

I had to pull away to catch my breath, both of us smiling as I rested my forehead on his, “Be mine again?” He whispered.

“Definitely,” I whispered back, burying my head in the crook of his neck.

“DORKS! Let’s eat!” We heard some voice yell.

I groaned as I felt him chuckle wrapping his arms around me, “We have to go,”

“No we don’t.” I mumbled not willing to bring my head up.

“Love, you are the one who wanted to eat Tony Roma’s.” He laughed a bit more.

“I’m also the one who wants to stay here with you.” I sighed pulling away from him.

“I’ll be with you all night. You’ll get sick of me,” he joked.

I shook my head, “That’s not true,” I sighed standing up, “Let’s go.”

He laughed following my lead as we went down the stairs, “I really need to come back here and explore.”

“I’m sure you will.” He commented.

“FINALY! I was going to become anorexic waiting for you guys,” Andrew complained.

“I don’t get why you guys are waiting I mean you rode here in your car,” I replied.

His mouth opened but nothing came out as I smirked.

“Well we wanted to make sure we all knew where we were going,” Chris made up.

I laughed, “Sure we do.”

“Well I’m sorry Joseph but I’m stealing my little sister back. Ride with Nick,” Jay said pulling on my arm separating me from Joe.

“I’ve barely gotten any time with her since she’s got here!” Nick accused.

“Same here!” Everyone else joined in and it became a full yelling fest.

“HEY!” I yelled over everyone getting them to shut up, Joe smirking.

“Now, I will ride with Nick over to the restaurant, then tonight we can all hang out again.
Guys,” I faced my brothers, “We live at the same house.” I turned to Joe, “We’ll talk.”

Everyone sighed except for Joe and agreed, “Fine.”

“Let’s go Nicholas,” I said walking outside.

“I can’t drive yet.” He said quietly.

“WHAT! You were suppose to be driving before Joe!” I exclaimed.

“Hey!” Joe pouted.

I bit my lip, “I mean he was suppose to be driving already.”

Nick sighed, “I haven’t had time really.”

“That means I’m driving!” Joe smiled.

I rolled my eyes, “Sure you are.”

“You know what,” Nick started, “I’m thinking I’ll be the third wheel. Andrew can I just ride with
you,” he asked.

Andrew nodded and we all separated into the two cars.

Entering the car I had to admit I was pretty tired still so much that a yawn slipped out.

“You, my dear, are tired,” Joe stated with a small smile.

I shook my head, “No I’m not.”

“I can drop you home so you can sleep,” He said.

“No, I want to hang out okay,” I reassured him.

“I’m just saying just tell me and we can leave,” He held my hand.

“Thank you,” I smiled.

The trip wasn’t that far from the house, yet it was long enough for us to actually tell each other what has been going on in our lives without it being awkward. It felt right and peaceful.

“Here we are,” He said as the car stopped.

“I’m hungry,” I said randomly.

He laughed and kissed my cheek before getting out of the car.I opened my door and stepped out. Kevin’s car was in the parking lot already and I think that meant Danielle was there.

“Hello, I believe our party is already here. Kevin?” Joe asked.

“Oh yes sir, right this way,” the hostess lead and I followed him over to the area.

“Hello you two,” Danielle greeted looking up from her menu. Unfortunately, Joe and I weren’t
able to sit together. I had to sit between Danielle and Jay while Joe sat with Kevin and
Andrew.

I sighed as we began to order our meal and Danielle filled me in on her wedding information.

I guess you could say I wasn’t really paying attention to my cousin, but at parts I was. I know that she wants the colors to be blue and white. Then I got lost gaining eye contact with Joe. We both had grown up, physically and probably mentally too. Overall, he was still Joe though, he still glowed.

“Earth to Kristen!” I heard Daniey say and noticed she was waving a hand in front of my face, “Are you listening to me.”

I nodded, “Uhm yeah. Blue and white,”

“No, that was the topic ten minutes ago,” She stated the looked at Joe, “Are you two?”

I nodded and she squealed hugging me, “That’s in great time too!”

“What are you two celebrating?” Andrew asked.

“Uhm, color scheme is done,” Daniey made up. The boys nodded while Joe just smirked actually knowing what was going on. Then my phone buzzed.

r we going to tell them soon –Joe

Idk. Do you want to now? –Kris

Maybe later in the week yeah. –Joe

Mkay -Kris


I smiled looking up at my table of family, this was turning out to be a great trip home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, so comments
please please please!