Status: Finished

Its In The Past, Now Lets Try And Focus On The Future - Alex Gaskarth

Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning to Jersey jumping on my bed. I growled, and then yelped when he jumped on my leg.

“Jersey!” I hollered, “That fucking hurt!” I screamed as I clutched my leg in pain. I looked at the clock and it read 4:52. I growled again and got out of bed. Jersey had quickly run away when I screamed.

I quickly dressed in dark blue skinny jeans and a plain white v-neck. I walked down the stairs and greeted everyone in the kitchen. I grabbed a strawberry pop tart and plopped down in Cassadee’s lap.

“Now that everyone has joined us,” Alex, said giving me a look, “Is everyone ready for tour!” He exclaimed as he jumped on top of the kitchen table. We all gave him a look. It was way too early to be this excited.

Shortly after that the bus was packed and I slipped my black, neon pink, yellow, green, and orange Nike Dunk high tops. As I walked out of the house I grabbed my bright blue Ray bans off of Jersey’s head as he tried to run out to the bus.

“You’re an idiot,” Was all I said to him as I walked past him onto the bus as he stood and pouted on the sidewalk.

Many hours later we finally arrived at the venue. Everyone was so excited to get off the bus, but me.

“Hey love,” Cassadee said, “We have sound check, and we’ll need you at the merch tent in about an hour.” She said as she chased the boys off towards the venue. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my skate board from under the coach.

A good skate session could do me some good right now. As I skated further away from the venue I saw several other buses pull in and my heart dropped to my stomach. He could be on one of those buses.

I skated around town near the venue for awhile. Doing tricks here and there, but mostly just skating. I pulled my I Phone out of my pocket; the bright purple and white zebra stripped cover, shiny in the sun. I had been gone for almost an hour. I quickly skated back and made my way towards the venue. I kicked up my board and began to walk inside.
“Here goes nothing,” I mumbled to myself. I began to walk up a flight of stairs and once I almost reached the top I tripped and slammed my shin into the step. My skate board went flying from my hands and skidded to a stop in front of someone’s feet.

“Owwwwwwwwwwwww!” I screamed, as I laid there on the landing clutching my skin. I squeezed my eyes shut as I clutched my wounded shin. The same god damn shin Jersey jumped on this morning.

“Ah! Fuck you Jersey!” I screamed out again, “I hit the same shin your fat ass jumped on this morning!” I screamed. I felt someone lean over me and I slowly opened my eyes and saw Cassadee standing over me.

“You okay babe?” She asked as she helped me sit up. I rolled up my pants up to reveal a nasty gash and a bruise already forming. I growled quietly.

This entire time I was oblivious to the people around me, who were now all staring at me as Cassadee and me grimaced at the nasty cut on my leg. I looked up and saw Jersey rushing to me with a first aid kit.

“I’m sorry Willy!” He exclaimed. I half laughed, and watched as him and Cassadee banged up my leg. I sighed and leaned my head against the wall I was now leaning against. I began to look at my surroundings. Mostly everyone had gone back to what they were doing.

However, two boys were still staring one with a confused look, but one had a half smile and the other with a blank stare that I was unable to read. I quickly averted my gaze. I took in a deep breath of air. This could not be happening.

After three years, I come tumbling back into their lives, literally.

I took a chance to look up and was shocked to see Alex now, standing closer to me. I started to smile, but soon looked at his outstretched hand to see my skate board. I gave him a small ‘thank you’ and as soon as the skate board was out of his hands, he turned and immediately left the room. Jack followed him, but before he left he gave me a small sad smile.