Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

Don't You Think?

- A letter to the family of Avenged Sevenfold

I’m not a fan,

I guess I really shouldn’t say that I’m not a fan because I am. The fact is that I haven’t been a fan for long, maybe a month or two really. I had heard about you before but never really thought of listening to you because in my mind, you were just a punk rock band trying to piss people, the government, and really everyone else off. I guess in a way I was right, and the sad thing is I love that about you. I think the first song I every heard was Critical Acclaim, to tell you the truth I hated it at first. So for another couple of month’s I ignored the band and went back to my classic rock ways and the odd pop or top 40 song which everyone says they hate but they really like them because there so god damn catchy.

When I came across another story about you, I started reading. I had absolutely no idea what you looked like, who you were or what part you played in the band. When I first got a picture of you my first thought was ‘wow, Synyster Gates is fucking hot’, I know I know typical teenage girl. But then I realized when I read about you, that it wasn’t Synyster Gates that I was staring at, it was M.Shadows. I seriously felt so stupid for like an hour. But then I was like, okay, I wasn’t to far off the market, the real Synyster Gates has got a little somethin’ somethin’.

When I finally got up the guts to listen to some of your music again I chickened out. For some reason I was afraid that I wouldn’t like it, which I will never understand. When I finally listened to another song I was surprised, Afterlife had was, in itself, amazing. What caught my attention most was the guitar solo which most people would think of, but, the drums were what made me think.

To a listener they may seem like an easy beat, someone who is not the most amazing drummer in the world. I think that it wasn’t what Jimmy played, it was the way he played it. Up on that riser he was crazy, a man in action. I have never seen so much passion in one band, let alone one player, sure, Synyester Gates is probably one of the most amazing guitarist in the world.

But does that make him different than us?

Better than us?

My point is, is that James Owen Sullivan, drummer of Avenged Sevenfold, understood that. He went through life like he wanted to, never expecting anyone to do anything for him, or, that’s how I would like to think of him.

The purpose of this letter was not to tell you about me, or how I felt about your band although that may be the way that it came out. My purpose for this letter was to explain to you why I felt the need to write a letter, about a man I never even knew. I guess I felt compelled to help other people through their grieving because there was none of my own. I don’t mean to say that I do not grieve over the loss of others, but from what I know of Jimmy, I don’t think he’d want us crying, or grieving.

Missing him?

Maybe, but grieving over him, I’d think not. He was taken from everyone yes, but who knows, maybe God had plans for him. Maybe, God needed a new drummer in his band.

I think Jimmy would be pretty fucking happy playing for God.

Don’t you think?
♠ ♠ ♠
ahhh, people are trying to delete this. some people are just heartless.