Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

Letter.

feel kind of cheesy writing this, but I know I need to do something. As I type this, my eyes are filling with tears yet again. I cant recall how many times I’ve cried over this in the last day, but I have.

I saw the article on AP and I swear, I thought I misread it. Seeing it on the A7X Myspace made it real. Today, driving in my car, I had to pull over when XM Hardline report started talking about it. My heart has stopped every time you were brought up today.

I never got to meet you or know you personally, but your death affects me all the same. My heart breaks for your family and friends, especially Leanna.

You are an inspiration, an idol, everything to so many people.

Your crazy antics and ways were something I’ve always admired and wished I could have some of your personality.

You were, are and always will be my favorite member of Avenged Sevenfold and I know my 5 year old soon to be step-sister will always feel the same. She held me as I cried reading about your passing. I have my best friend at my side and also my little sister, who feel just as angry and torn up over this. My little sister will always know who you are and I know she’ll always respect you as the amazing drummer you are. I tend to see bits of your personality you shared with the world, in her.

It breaks my heart to think of you being gone. I know nothing will ever be the same again and I probably will cry plenty of times every time a song from the self titled album plays, especially hearing your backing vocals on them. However, that album means so much more to me now.

I saw you play in Oakland last February. It was my first Avenged concert because at 16, my dad didn’t think I could handle the pit. My favorite memory of that night was looking up on that stage, passed Shadows and seeing the look your face held. That will be the memory I carry around till the end of time.

I know your family(Matt, Johnny, Zacky, Brian, Leanna, Val, Gena, Lacey, Michelle, the Berry’s etc.) will come out stronger from this. I know there has to be twisted reason somewhere for this. I know the world will take something from this tragedy.

You’re someone I admire greatly and I really hope nothing anyone says in the coming months will tarnish your name.

Always and forever,
Kelsi