Reverend In Peace

Best Friend

"I first met The Rev when i was in Eighteen Visions and we put Avenged Sevenfold on one of our shows. We played a lot of shows together and M Shadows on one of the first Bleeding Through records. In the earlier days of Avenged Sevenfold, Jimmy was pretty wild and crazy, and in the last couple of years he's been kinda quiet and reserved, but always really friendly. He loved music and he loved his friends. He played music like his life depended on it. He was always really excited about playing shows- he completely appreciated it. He always had the biggest smile."

- BRANDAN SCHIEPPATI, Bleeding through

"Jimmy Sullivan was a good kid, i met him quite a while ago, when he first joined Avenged Sevenfold and we toured together way back in 2002 before they became superstars! I always knew, from the first time i watched them play that he had definitely put his time in the woodsheds. On that tour he picked my brain a lot about playing with a click track, and i happily provided tips and advice. And we spend a considerable amount of time talking about Frank Zappa! a number of years later, we toured again and this time the kid was a man. we will miss him dearly"

- JASON BITTNER, Shadows Fall

"This is such a shocking loss. Jimmy was too young and too much of a fun spirit to leave us this soon. I've been a fan of the bad and his drumming for years. I love Avenged Sevenfold's ability to combine metal, punk, pop and prog and The Rev was a big part of that creative melting pot. Although we never toured together, The Rev and I exchanged several emails and texts through the years and he always said great things about me in the press. I was always so appreciative of his enthusiasm, My heart goes out to the band and his family over this devastating loss. He will be missed."

- MIKE PORTNOY, Dream Theater

"I first met Jimmy when we toured together on the Taste Of Chaos tour in 2008. Jimmy was the most loving person you could ever meet: he was a complete lunatic! He was the life and soul of the party, and he would do whatever it took to get a reaction out of you. he just loved to party and live his life and enjoy the lives of whoever was around him. We did the normal guy things, like going out after shows and getting drunk and having a laugh. Going to parties and just getting messed up. It's what you do on the road: you meet up with bands who like to hang out and party."

- MATT TUCK, Bullet for my Valentine

"I met The Rev when both Disturbed and Avenged Sevenfold were playing Ozzfest in 2005. Most people knew him as being a fun, partying kind of guy - and he definitely had that side to him - but he was also very intellectual. He was very educated and like to talk about books: you could have a great meaningful conversation with him. He and my wife used to talk about Edgar Allen Poe. He was such a talented performer and player that we would would sit there and literally dissect drum parts. The Rev is gonna be missed and not just as a drummer and not just as a musician - but as a good person."

- MIKE WENGREN, Disturbed
♠ ♠ ♠
All of the above quotes were taken from Metal Hammer, issue 202